TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 08-23-2013, 11:27 PM   #5581
jcthorne

I decided to give transport streams a try as well. Running into a problem with the decode step using videoredo. I get an error message that videoredo cannot open the file and that my MAK may be wrong.

I have the MAK entered in kmttg but cannot find a place to put it in Videoredo. I am currently running version 3.10.3.629 dated Nov 9, 2011.

Setup help for pytivo under windows:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
jcthorne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 01:37 AM   #5582
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcthorne View Post
I decided to give transport streams a try as well. Running into a problem with the decode step using videoredo. I get an error message that videoredo cannot open the file and that my MAK may be wrong.

I have the MAK entered in kmttg but cannot find a place to put it in Videoredo. I am currently running version 3.10.3.629 dated Nov 9, 2011.
No need for MAK in VRD. My guess would be that old version of VRD can't handle TS .TiVo files or you don't have a recent (partial) TiVo Desktop installation with updated TiVoDirectShowFilter DLL.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

moyekj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 06:44 AM   #5583
jcthorne

Quote:
Originally Posted by moyekj View Post
No need for MAK in VRD. My guess would be that old version of VRD can't handle TS .TiVo files or you don't have a recent (partial) TiVo Desktop installation with updated TiVoDirectShowFilter DLL.
I do not have Tivo Desktop installed. Is there a way to obtain the required dll without a full install of TD? I'd rather not purchase it at this stage, much less install it. Do newer versions of Videoredo still require install of Tivo Desktop as well?

Old 08-24-2013, 07:31 AM   #5584
jcthorne

OK, I have royally messed something up. I was trying to play with ts files and ran into a road block needing TiVo desktop. Decided to go back to ps files for now as it was working fine.

Now kmttg cannot download anything. I get an error that looks like:

http IO exception for http://192.168.1.112:80/download/.....
Server returned HTTP response code 503 for url .....

I tried using curl downloads and while the error is different, it fails as well. Tried a file from 3 different TiVo's on the network. Also tried disabling Avast and same error. What did I mess up?

Old 08-24-2013, 07:32 AM   #5585
moyekj

Quote:
I do not have Tivo Desktop installed. Is there a way to obtain the required dll without a full install of TD? I'd rather not purchase it at this stage, much less install it. Do newer versions of Videoredo still require install of Tivo Desktop as well?
No need to purchase TiVo Desktop Plus, and the free version link is here:
http://assets.tivo.com/assets/exe/ti...sktop2.8.3.exe
Once you install it you should make sure the proper MAK is entered and then play a .TiVo file to verify it's working, then you can run uninstall and choose to keep only a partial install which will keep the dll installed such that you can still play .TiVo files and then VRD will also be able to decrypt. With partial install there will be no TD services running and only the dll will remain registered in DirectShow and that's all you need for VRD to be able to handle .TiVo files.

Old 08-24-2013, 07:52 AM   #5586
jcthorne

An update to my downloads problem. Pytivo cannot download either so its not a setting in kmttg. PyTivo reports:

ERRORyTivo.togo:401

Old 08-24-2013, 08:08 AM   #5587
mglutz

Is this the right forum for requesting new features for kmttg? If so:

Can the season passes tab be updated to include the options in the table (i.e. show record, keep at most, keep until, start and stop recording options) so that you don't have to individually select each season pass and select modify to see what the options are?

Thanks
mglutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 09:58 AM   #5588
lpwcomp

Quote:
No need to purchase TiVo Desktop Plus, and the free version link is here:
http://assets.tivo.com/assets/exe/ti...sktop2.8.3.exe
Once you install it you should make sure the proper MAK is entered and then play a .TiVo file to verify it's working, then you can run uninstall and choose to keep only a partial install which will keep the dll installed such that you can still play .TiVo files and then VRD will also be able to decrypt. With partial install there will be no TD services running and only the dll will remain registered in DirectShow and that's all you need for VRD to be able to handle .TiVo files.
Quote:
An update to my downloads problem. Pytivo cannot download either so its not a setting in kmttg. PyTivo reports:

ERRORyTivo.togo:401
What model TiVo? I was having the same problem recently with both my THD and TiVo 2. Premiere d/l worked fine. Problem is gone now, but while it was still occurring I ended up having to do a direct TiVo-TiVo xfer (THD to Premiere), then a Premiere to PC xfer.

"Jessica Fletcher visits Midsomer. Carnage ensues!"
lpwcomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 02:34 PM   #5589
True Colors

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThAbtO View Post
I believe it happened when there was an update on the Premieres to 20.3 and a bug broke that feature. It does not happen on earlier Tivos prior to Premiere.
I did hear that the functionality was lost in kmttg to download from a paused point in a video.

However, my question is....... will the functionality be restored someday? If so, when?

Thanks,

TC
True Colors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 03:23 PM   #5590
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by True Colors View Post
I did hear that the functionality was lost in kmttg to download from a paused point in a video.

However, my question is....... will the functionality be restored someday? If so, when?

Thanks,

TC
Functionality was intentionally removed because series 4 software update broke it (it still works for series 3 units).

Old 08-25-2013, 04:40 PM   #5591
True Colors

Thanks for the response.

Is there any chance that this feature will be added back for series four Tivos at some point in the future?

I would be glad to donate 20 bucks to the kmttg fund if this could be restored

TC
True Colors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 04:53 PM   #5592
wmcbrine
Resistance Useless

Quote:
Originally Posted by True Colors View Post
Is there any chance that this feature will be added back for series four Tivos at some point in the future?
How can he answer that? It's TiVo Inc.'s decision. But I don't foresee them making a lot of changes to the Series 4 software at this point.

Quote:
I would be glad to donate 20 bucks to the kmttg fund if this could be restored
You know, as a developer, I don't find these (usually empty) promises motivating. I'd be a lot more impressed if you actually donated up front, and then made your request. Although it's still a very tiny sum for the amount of work involved in any non-trivial feature.

wmcbrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 05:08 AM   #5593
gbm

Hi,

Been using TiVos since S1...just started using kmttg today. Absolutely love it. Don't know why I haven't been using it for years. Anyhow...

All is working well except the Slingbox Capture with my Pro HD

I've spent a good amount of time with the settings and in search but the recording doesn't show up.

I've followed the wiki instructions but I must be missing something.

The program claims to be recording...the MB count rises and rises, but nothing shows up in the directory.

If it's of any help, this is in the log at the bottom (changed the password):

>> CAPTURING SLINGBOX TO C:\User\George\Downloads\kmttg\slingbox_2013_08_28_04_34_25. ts ...
"C:\Perl\bin\perl.exe" "C:\Users\George\Downloads\kmttg\slingbox\rec2.pl" -stdout -ip 192.168.1.254 -port 5001 -pass xxxxxxxx -vbw 4000 -vs 5 | "C:\Users\George\Downloads\kmttg\ffmpeg\ffmpeg.exe" -fflags +genpts -i - -vcodec copy -acodec ac3 -ab 224k -y -f mpegts "C:\User\George\Downloads\kmttg\slingbox_2013_08_28_04_34_25 .ts"
Killing 'slingbox' job: "C:\Perl\bin\perl.exe" "C:\Users\George\Downloads\kmttg\slingbox\rec2.pl" -stdout -ip 192.168.1.254 -port 5001 -pass xxxxxxxx -vbw 4000 -vs 5 | "C:\Users\George\Downloads\kmttg\ffmpeg\ffmpeg.exe" -fflags +genpts -i - -vcodec copy -acodec ac3 -ab 224k -y -f mpegts "C:\User\George\Downloads\kmttg\slingbox_2013_08_28_04_34_25 .ts"
taskkill /f /t /pid 4676

The only other thing that looks suspicious is from the task viewer, after the 'stream started' message:

stream started

00:00:00 pkts:0
00:00:05 pkts:863[asf @ 003a2d00] max_analyze_duration 5000000 reached at 5024000 microseconds
[asf @ 003a2d00] Could not find codec parameters for stream 2 (Unknown: none): unknown codec
Consider increasing the value for the 'analyzeduration' and 'probesize' options

I'm a total noob with this program, but the inputs are so straightforward, I can't figure out what my error is...

I'd appreciate any help.

Thanks,

George
gbm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 07:22 AM   #5594
moyekj

@gbm

Sounds like ffmpeg is struggling with identifying the slingbox recording codecs. Would be helpful to examine exactly what your slingbox is putting out. From a CMD window please execute the following (fixing the password):
"C:\Perl\bin\perl.exe" "C:\Users\George\Downloads\kmttg\slingbox\rec2.pl" -output "C:\Users\George\Downloads\kmttg\rec2.asf" -ip 192.168.1.254 -port 5001 -pass xxxxxxxx -vbw 4000 -vs 5 -dur 30

That should create a 30 second capture in file:
C:\Users\George\Downloads\kmttg\rec2.asf

Then examine the contents of the rec2.asf file using Mediainfo and post the output specifications of that program here.

Old 08-28-2013, 10:02 AM   #5595
gbm

Here's the info from the file:

General
Complete name : C:\Users\George\Downloads\kmttg\rec2.asf
Format : Windows Media
File size : 14.9 MiB
Maximum Overall bit rate : 5 120 Kbps
Movie name : Slingbox
Performer : Sling Media
Comment : 1

Video
ID : 2
Format : AVC
Format/Info : Advanced Video Codec
Codec ID : h264
Width : 1 920 pixels
Height : 544 pixels
Display aspect ratio : 3.529
Color space : YUV
Chroma subsampling : 4:2:0
Bit depth : 8 bits

Audio
ID : 1
Format : 706D
Codec ID : 706D
Bit rate : 256 Kbps
Channel(s) : 2 channels
Sampling rate : 32.0 KHz
Bit depth : 16 bits

Thanks!

George
Old 08-28-2013, 12:20 PM   #5596
moyekj

Hmm. 706D audio - that's new to me. No doubt that is what ffmpeg doesn't recognize. I had to Google what it is and it appears to be FAAD AAC audio which I would expect ffmpeg should be able to handle, but I guess not.
If you are able to upload the clip somewhere where I can download it I could play with it some more to see if it's possible to get ffmpeg working with it.

Old 08-28-2013, 02:31 PM   #5597
gbm

I can get to the clip a little later (at work now), but I noticed a post in another thread where you had a file with the same codec. This might help...or not.

http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb...d.php?t=504853

(It's the 8th post on the page.)

George
Old 08-28-2013, 04:00 PM   #5598
glaviolette

Howdy!

For some reason now when I try to refresh any of the "Remote" tabs I now receive the error...

RPC error response: Failed calling IT mind with 'login': ProcessITMindRequest caught 'PostString failed: Curl eror: problem with the local SSL certificate
(58). Url: https://www8.tivo.com/authinternal/mindLite2?type=login'
rpc Auth error - null

I verified my Tivo.com login on the site and within kmttg?

Hoping I've not made a silly user error.

Thanks!

-g
glaviolette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 05:33 PM   #5599
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbm View Post
I can get to the clip a little later (at work now), but I noticed a post in another thread where you had a file with the same codec. This might help...or not.

http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb...d.php?t=504853

(It's the 8th post on the page.)

George
That one works for me with ffmpeg. I made a custom encoding profile in kmttg called ff_sling.enc that mimics what is done during sling capture:
Code:
# Description (single line, keep short)
<description>
Slingbox: ts container, copy video (H.264), AC3 audio

# Encode command or script (single line)
# Known keywords: FFMPEG, HANDBRAKE, MENCODER, PERL, INPUT, OUTPUT, PWD, CPU_CORES, SRTFILE
<command>
FFMPEG -y -i INPUT -fflags +genpts -vcodec copy -acodec ac3 -ab 224k -y -f mpegts OUTPUT

# Encoded output file extension
<extension>
ts
From FILES mode I ran encode using above on the record_1080i.asf clip file and it worked fine for me. So perhaps you're using an older version of ffmpeg or something. From kmttg Help menu try updating the Tools to make sure you are using same ffmpeg version I am.

Old 08-28-2013, 05:55 PM   #5600
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by glaviolette View Post
Howdy!

For some reason now when I try to refresh any of the "Remote" tabs I now receive the error...

RPC error response: Failed calling IT mind with 'login': ProcessITMindRequest caught 'PostString failed: Curl eror: problem with the local SSL certificate
(58). Url: https://www8.tivo.com/authinternal/mindLite2?type=login'
rpc Auth error - null

I verified my Tivo.com login on the site and within kmttg?

Hoping I've not made a silly user error.

Thanks!

-g
With a series 3 unit I assume (which uses middlemind.tivo.com)? Since TiVo has been making many changes to tivo.com it could be they are messing with stuff so perhaps give it a day or 2 to see if it starts working again. I no longer have a series 3 machine plugged in to test with anymore so don't have an easy way to test myself.

Old 08-28-2013, 06:43 PM   #5601
glaviolette

Quote:
series 3 unit I assume
Yup. HD.

Quote:
Since TiVo has been making many changes to tivo.com it could be they are messing with stuff so perhaps give it a day or 2 to see if it starts working again.
That was my suspicion/fear as well. So.. with this broken my additional metadata info is hosed I'm assuming.

Wait... Wait.. I gave it *one* more try before I clicked submit. It's working now.

Thanks again for your speedy reply and for all that you do!
glaviolette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 10:41 PM   #5602
rrg

New Roamio not seen by kmttg

The new Roamio Pro that I added yesterday isn't visible to kmttg, though all the other TiVos on my LAN (Series 3s and one TiVo HD) are. Why might that be?

The units do all seem to be visible to each other.
rrg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 10:53 PM   #5603
rrg

If I configure its IP address and name explicitly, it's found. Not sure why that should be necessary, but with that change in place it's working now.
rrg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 10:56 PM   #5604
moyekj

Check System Information screen to see if TiVoToGo = a,a,a,a. If you don't have all a's then TTG is not yet enabled and may require a couple more connections to start working. If that's not the problem then check kmttg config-Tivos tab to make sure "Look for Tivos on network" is enabled and perhaps try toggling the Beacon/Bonjour setting.
If auto-detect still doesn't work you can always manually add the Roamio by providing IP and name.
EDIT: All this typed before your 2nd post.

Old 08-30-2013, 09:48 AM   #5605
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by mglutz View Post
Is this the right forum for requesting new features for kmttg? If so:

Can the season passes tab be updated to include the options in the table (i.e. show record, keep at most, keep until, start and stop recording options) so that you don't have to individually select each season pass and select modify to see what the options are?

Thanks
Next release Season Passes table will now have the following additional columns added (hence all the information that can be seen using modify button): RECORD, KEEP, START, END

Old 08-30-2013, 06:46 PM   #5606
ALbino
Lurker Series 2

This question might have been covered, but this thread is awfully big to go scrolling through

Is there a way to get KMTTG to handle the new h.264 channels on Verizon FiOS? I did a test recording on 555 ES.TV and transferred it, and it's listed as a .mpg file but there's no video, just audio. Renaming it doesn't help, and putting it into Virtualdub just errors me with "No Video Stream".

This isn't a big deal now, but it looks like the majority are going the way of h.264 at some point, and then it's going to be a problem.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
Old 08-30-2013, 06:53 PM   #5607
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALbino View Post
This question might have been covered, but this thread is awfully big to go scrolling through

Is there a way to get KMTTG to handle the new h.264 channels on Verizon FiOS? I did a test recording on 555 ES.TV and transferred it, and it's listed as a .mpg file but there's no video, just audio. Renaming it doesn't help, and putting it into Virtualdub just errors me with "No Video Stream".

This isn't a big deal now, but it looks like the majority are going the way of h.264 at some point, and then it's going to be a problem.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
For H.264 downloads to work you MUST use TS transfers (config-Program Options-Download TiVo files in Transport Stream format). However, if you are using "tivodecode" to decrypt it doesn't work well with TS files so you need to use VideoRedo to decrypt instead (kmttg has option to do that as well).

Old 08-30-2013, 07:03 PM   #5608
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by akaussie View Post
Hey moyekj-

As people are upgrading to the Roamio, I am wondering if it is possible to add the ability export the channel list in the 'Guide' section of kmttg to a csv or text file (or something similar)?
I could see this being handy to quickly generating a list of selected channels on say someone's Premiere and then using it as a guide to select the channels on a new Roamio (or any new tivo for the matter).
Anyways, just an idea that may have already been addressed previously.

Thanks.
I'm working on this for next release as I do see some value in being able to consult CSV files or perhaps more easily running a "diff" between CSV files of different TiVos to more easily find differences.

Old 08-30-2013, 07:06 PM   #5609
ALbino
Lurker Series 2

Quote:
For H.264 downloads to work you MUST use TS transfers (config-Program Options-Download TiVo files in Transport Stream format). However, if you are using "tivodecode" to decrypt it doesn't work well with TS files so you need to use VideoRedo to decrypt instead (kmttg has option to do that as well).
That worked, in that I now have video and it opens in Virtualdub. However the file says:

Video: MPEG2 Video 1920x1080 29.97fps 19000Kbps
Audio: Dolby AC3 48000Hz stereo 192Kbps

Which to me looks like VideoRedo is actually doing a full re-encode as opposed to just decrypting it, no?

FWIW I have QS turned on if that matters.
Old 08-30-2013, 07:14 PM   #5610
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALbino View Post
That worked, in that I now have video and it opens in Virtualdub. However the file says:

Video: MPEG2 Video 1920x1080 29.97fps 19000Kbps
Audio: Dolby AC3 48000Hz stereo 192Kbps

Which to me looks like VideoRedo is actually doing a full re-encode as opposed to just decrypting it, no?

FWIW I have QS turned on if that matters.
My guess is you have an older kmttg installation. Newer versions use "mediainfo" to look at the codecs to prevent VRD from re-encoding H.264 to mpeg2 when possible. Other possibility is you don't have VRD TVSuite which is version that can handle H.264.