Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 07-21-2013, 01:38 PM   #1
bsnelson
I'm an Android, baby

TC CLUB MEMBER
Bones season 8 - anybody watched?

Me and the wife just finished about a two week marathon evening binge watching of all of seasons 7 and 8. I saw the thread on season 7 - is there anyone else here besides me that's still watching? I was very disappointed in the season finale.

Anyone? Bueller?

Brad
bsnelson is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 02:58 PM   #2
jamesl

I still like the series

some episodes in season 8 are hits, others are misses

I didn't like the "super genius criminal" in season 7
I didn't like Brennan running away (it seemed really out of character)

I never liked Zach, but I like the revolving interns

after season 8 I'm still excited for season 9, (but bummed out by a couple of things too)

obviously can't say why though
jamesl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 08:57 PM   #3
mr.unnatural

I dropped Bones from my lineup a couple of seasons ago. I get to where I just have too many season passes and not enough time to watch them so something's got to give and this one went. There are just too many forensic detective shows on TV these days. I dumped all of the CSI shows several years ago because they got simply ridiculous and unbelievable. Bones was mildly entertaining at best and it was too hard to justify watching it any longer. It's just another example of American TV that has been on longer than it should.

I like the way the Brits do their TV shows. When they come up with a new series they keep it short and sweet and don't run it into the ground like we do here. They keep their seasons short and try to concentrate on good writing and acting. I just got my first taste of Luther with Idris Elba (you know him as Stringer Bell from The Wire and he's currently in Pacific Rim) and I can't wait to see the rest. The first season was only six episodes and the last two are only four episodes apiece.
mr.unnatural is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 10:25 PM   #4
secondclaw

I watched, but getting tired of it. The super-criminal is just awful - an artificial foil against all the geniuses running the lab, and the contrived season finale was just bad. I do miss the old episodes where Bones and Booth just worked together, I think their dynamic was better. Concerning the revolving interns, I loved the idea from the beginning, and I think it has worked out great for the show. Not all interns, but some are great.
secondclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 05:57 AM   #5
markz
Hilarity Ensues

We still watch. And my wife watches reruns a lot too.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
markz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 07:24 AM   #6
eddyj

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondclaw View Post
I watched, but getting tired of it. The super-criminal is just awful - an artificial foil against all the geniuses running the lab, and the contrived season finale was just bad. I do miss the old episodes where Bones and Booth just worked together, I think their dynamic was better. Concerning the revolving interns, I loved the idea from the beginning, and I think it has worked out great for the show. Not all interns, but some are great.
Same here. Normally, I complain when a show has too many standalone episodes and not enough "arch" episodes. But that assumes that the arch is any good, which in this case, it is not.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
eddyj is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 10:03 PM   #7
JimSpence
Just hangin'

Normally, I like Bones, but after just rewatching ep 20 (the Blood from the Stones) I realized that I don't like Brennen's character too much anymore. She's much too literal and abrasive than in earlier shows. Her social interaction is just over the top. They really need to bring the character back to something a bit more normal.
Old 08-24-2013, 12:04 AM   #8
john4200

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimSpence View Post
Normally, I like Bones, but after just rewatching ep 20 (the Blood from the Stones) I realized that I don't like Brennen's character too much anymore. She's much too literal and abrasive than in earlier shows. Her social interaction is just over the top. They really need to bring the character back to something a bit more normal.
Huh? She was like that in the first season.
john4200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 12:32 AM   #9
SNJpage1

We stopped watching 2 seasons ago but just started watching reruns of season 8. The series has gone down hill. Bones has become a cartoon person so fake that I prefer when she is not in the picture.
Old 08-25-2013, 06:48 AM   #10
JimSpence
Just hangin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by john4200 View Post
Huh? She was like that in the first season.
It seems to have gotten worse in my mind!
Old 08-26-2013, 03:21 PM   #11
Jon J
Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimSpence View Post
It seems to have gotten worse in my mind!
So true. Early on she was watchable. Now she's just obnoxious.
Old 08-27-2013, 11:28 AM   #12
betts4
I am Spartacus!

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon J View Post
So true. Early on she was watchable. Now she's just obnoxious.
There has not been much growth. Being around Booth and having a baby - you would think that she would start to show some changes in her behavior and grow in personality.

I still cry a little when I hear at the end "What's that mean?"...

"He's a freak!! Take him apart and lose the pieces under the couch!"
betts4 is offline   Reply With Quote