TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Roamio DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 08-22-2013, 07:05 PM   #1
ufo4sale

Making the next move?

If you have a 4-tuner premier or a Roamio TiVo and two minis how would the following scenario’s work?

Scenario one: If your recording two shows on the Roamio/premier TiVo and two people are watching live TV from the mini and there is an upcoming show that’s going to be recording while the two shows are currently recording would a person that is watching live TV suddenly be kicked off because it needs a third tuner and if so would there be a display that tells you that the TiVo needs to record something and you would not be able to watch live TV? Does the mini have the option to cancel a recording if the TiVo Is schedule to record something and it needs the tuner that you are currently using? Is there an option to disable the Mini’s from overriding the TiVo?

Scenario two: If you have a 4-tuner, Two Roamio’s or Two Premiers, TiVo’s and two minis is there a way you can assign a Mini to a specific TiVo? I would like TiVo A to only use one mini And TiVo B to use the other, is this possible? If not how does the two TiVo’s decide which mini to use. All, None, or one?

I’m accustom to switching tuners back and forth while I’m watching sports. If I use a mini with a TiVo would I be able to switch tuners back and forth from the mini or am I stuck using one tuner on that TV?
Old 08-22-2013, 07:28 PM   #2
Dan203
Super Moderator

#1) I haven't seen any reports yet how this is handled. This DAT stuff is new to the Roamio and I'm not sure anyone has done that sort of extensive testing yet.

#2) When setting up the Mini you have to select a host TiVo. This is the TiVo the Mini uses for the live TV tuner. It is also the TiVo the Mini reflects in My Shows. You can easily change the host via the settings section at any time.
Dan203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 10:15 AM   #3
ufo4sale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan203 View Post
#1) I haven't seen any reports yet how this is handled. This DAT stuff is new to the Roamio and I'm not sure anyone has done that sort of extensive testing yet.

#2) When setting up the Mini you have to select a host TiVo. This is the TiVo the Mini uses for the live TV tuner. It is also the TiVo the Mini reflects in My Shows. You can easily change the host via the settings section at any time.
I asked a tech person at TiVo and they told me that nobody asked that question before and it shouldn't be a concern of mine. I'm guess i'm a unique thinker and took it as a compliant. I said thank for the help and I hung up. I'll wait and see when this is tested. With multiple TiVo's and mini's in the house it could get kind of hectic. i'll wait for further analysis.
Old 08-23-2013, 02:14 PM   #4
Dan203
Super Moderator

I should have mine next week. Once I get it setup I'll test DTA and let you know. I'm curious how it works too.
Dan203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 04:51 PM   #5
ufo4sale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan203 View Post
I should have mine next week. Once I get it setup I'll test DTA and let you know. I'm curious how it works too.
Thanks Dan.