TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Roamio DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 08-23-2013, 02:52 PM   #1
consumedsoul

Roamio basic + Stream

Weird - it says on the website that Roamio basic on wireless isn't supported for use w/ Stream, but I'm able to Stream/copy to my iPad just fine w/o connecting to Ethernet (I'm on wifi):

"This method does not support streaming content between two or more TiVo devices such as TiVo DVRs, TiVo Mini or TiVo Stream (with 4-tuner TiVo Roamio)."

Not that I'm complaining, just interesting that the setup is not supported (maybe functionally it works but they won't support any bandwidth/performance issues etc.?).
consumedsoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 03:06 PM   #2
jrtroo
User

Just happening to work in your house is different than being supported. They just have not put any restrictions in place.
Old 08-23-2013, 03:07 PM   #3
consumedsoul

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrtroo View Post
Just happening to work in your house is different than being supported. They just have not put any restrictions in place.
Yeah that's what I figured. I'm just pleasantly surprised it's functional.
consumedsoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 03:24 PM   #4
tatergator1

Quote:
Originally Posted by consumedsoul View Post
Not that I'm complaining, just interesting that the setup is not supported (maybe functionally it works but they won't support any bandwidth/performance issues etc.?).
You said it right there, the bandwidth demands of streaming over WiFi are high enough that Tivo's opted to simply make it unsupported, rather than attempt to troubleshoot the endless variability in wireless networking.
tatergator1 is online now   Reply With Quote