TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Roamio DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 08-20-2013, 03:13 PM   #1
justinw

Anyone not able to get the 399 MSD?

I tried calling TiVo because when I added the Roamio Pro to the cart with lifetime service it was coming up at 499. The TiVo rep said that both the TiVo boxes currently on my account have used the MSD in the past to get the lifetime service so I would be unable to use the MSD on a new Roamio. Anyone ever heard of this before? I hung up and said I needed to think about it...
justinw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 03:15 PM   #2
bayern_fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinw View Post
I tried calling TiVo because when I added the Roamio Pro to the cart with lifetime service it was coming up at 499. The TiVo rep said that both the TiVo boxes currently on my account have used the MSD in the past to get the lifetime service so I would be unable to use the MSD on a new Roamio. Anyone ever heard of this before? I hung up and said I needed to think about it...
Have you checked to see if you are logged into your TiVo account when the item is being added to the cart? The discount showed up for me immediately after doing so.
bayern_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 03:16 PM   #3
justinw

The discount showed up when I logged in, but as soon as I hit add to cart the summary came up with it being $100 more.
Old 08-20-2013, 03:17 PM   #4
lessd

Quote:
I keep an old Series 2 Humax that I paid full lifetime on in 2005 ($299 at that time) and run it up before activating any new TiVo so I will get MSD pricing, if I sold that Series 2 the rest of my TiVos would not be qualify for MSD as you must have one TiVo that you paid full Lifetime on in your account.

Old 08-20-2013, 03:20 PM   #5
justinw

Quote:
Originally Posted by lessd View Post
I keep an old Series 2 Humax that I paid full lifetime on in 2005 ($299 at that time) and run it up before activating any new TiVo so I will get MSD pricing, if I sold that Series 2 the rest of my TiVos would not be qualify for MSD as you must have one TiVo that you paid full Lifetime on in your account.
Oh..... Didn't even know about that. Now I'm rethinking my Roamio purchase.
Old 08-20-2013, 03:22 PM   #6
trip1eX

Well no MSD here, but I was expecting a code for $100 off as existed with the Premiere. Price basically is $500 now to me since I was expecting $400 lifetime.
trip1eX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 03:25 PM   #7
bayern_fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip1eX View Post
Well no MSD here, but I was expecting a code for $100 off as existed with the Premiere. Price basically is $500 now to me since I was expecting $400 lifetime.
Pro tip: If you're getting the base model, resell the free Stream from your promo code to help offset the unit or subscription cost. I would imagine that a new in-box unit could fetch at least $85 online
bayern_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 03:26 PM   #8
rainwater

Quote:
The discount showed up when I logged in, but as soon as I hit add to cart the summary came up with it being $100 more.
You have to login again. Being logged into the site doesn't matter. Once you are at your cart, there is another login on the bottom right side. I have no clue why it does that.
rainwater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 03:35 PM   #9
mchief
Morey

If I could log in at all. All I see is a greyed signin box
Old 08-20-2013, 03:38 PM   #10
innocentfreak

If your info autofills that is why. I use lastpass and the site seems to no longer work since it doesn't recognize anything has been entered. Just manually type your email address.

Margret in another thread said if you don't see MSD and you think you should to email her. Mine wasn't showing last night, but is now.

Of course I am still hoping for an upgrade offer in the meantime. I have to wait for Best Buy to get stock since I have giftcards and missed the Amazon stock.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
innocentfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 06:58 AM   #11
jasbur

I purchased from Amazon, and when trying to activate today it said $499.
Rather than call to argue, I googled for a $100 promo code and that seemed to work.
jasbur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 07:49 AM   #12
jcole66

jasbur:

What promo code did you find/use? I've not been able to find any current ones....
jcole66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 08:09 AM   #13
jasbur

PLSR worked for me
jasbur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 10:10 AM   #14
jcthorne

I activated my Amazon purchased unit last night and had no trouble getting the $399 sucked out of my credit card in record speed. (423 actually)

Setup help for pytivo under windows:
jcthorne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 02:25 PM   #15
bdspilot

Angry

I was unable to get MSD even though it is offered to me when I added the tivo to my cart. It then charged me full price when I went to check out. I called Tivo and they said I am not eligible since I got a discount on both my tivo Premiers. Seems pretty shaddy to me though. Kind of a bate and switch. You could easily miss them adding the $100 dollars back at check out. Makes me pause about making the purchase.
bdspilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 05:43 PM   #16
jmpage2

Amazon just updated my order for the $399 Plus unit. They had been saying 1-3 weeks delivery time, now they say it will be in-hand on the 28th.
jmpage2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 10:04 AM   #17
trip1eX

Any non-Tivo owner get a $100 discount off lifetime? PLSR didn't work for me.

IF I buy a Mini first and put lifetime on it will that give me a $100 MSD discount?
trip1eX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 10:50 AM   #18
Smirks
.:. Hello .:.

Quote:

IF I buy a Mini first and put lifetime on it will that give me a $100 MSD discount?
Don't think so. Reason being is that I have two Tivo HDs in my account (1 with lifetime, the other with a $6.95 MSD) and I only get the $100 off lifetime on a full-size tivo box. I don't even get a MSD discount on a lifetime of mini service.
Smirks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 11:51 AM   #19
aaronwt
HD Addict

There is only one price for lifetime service on the Mini.
39TB unRAID1--53TB unRAID2--36TB unRAID3
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme
aaronwt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 12:43 PM   #20
justinw

Quote:

I was wondering the same thing about the mini. If I buy a Mini, lifetime it, then see if I can get the MSD on a Pro. Hmmmm
Old 08-23-2013, 12:45 PM   #21
Loach

Quote:
I was wondering the same thing about the mini. If I buy a Mini, lifetime it, then see if I can get the MSD on a Pro. Hmmmm
I think you're going to need an activated Tivo to get MSD. Are you going to be able to activate a Mini without a host DVR? Don't think so.
Loach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 12:55 PM   #22
justinw

I have an Elite and Premiere DVRs on my account now - I just apparently used the MSD discount to buy lifetime on them both...
Old 08-24-2013, 02:57 PM   #23
Am_I_Evil

I'm having the same issue where it shows $399 then $499 in cart...was told it was because of the current one being an MSD purchase...

is this a new thing? I just bought my premiere 4 in January and my regular premiere also had MSD lifetime but i was allowed MSD on the 4...and this really seems kind of shady to show $399 then change to $499 in cart...

has anyone been able to call and plead their case and get $399?
Am_I_Evil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 04:05 PM   #24
lessd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Am_I_Evil View Post
I'm having the same issue where it shows $399 then $499 in cart...was told it was because of the current one being an MSD purchase...

is this a new thing? I just bought my premiere 4 in January and my regular premiere also had MSD lifetime but i was allowed MSD on the 4...and this really seems kind of shady to show $399 then change to $499 in cart...

has anyone been able to call and plead their case and get $399?
Don't take the time as someone said that PLSR code still works to give you the $100 off

Old 08-24-2013, 04:08 PM   #25
Am_I_Evil

Quote:
Don't take the time as someone said that PLSR code still works to give you the $100 off

when i try i get a message saying it doesn't
Old 08-24-2013, 04:10 PM   #26
justinw

Quote:
It does not work if you are buying a TiVo and the service plan at the same time. I'm thinking and hoping it works when you activate the TiVo that you bought somewhere else such as Weaknees.
Old 08-24-2013, 04:15 PM   #27
Am_I_Evil

Quote:
It does not work if you are buying a TiVo and the service plan at the same time. I'm thinking and hoping it works when you activate the TiVo that you bought somewhere else such as Weaknees.
ahhhhh hopefully it does as that's actually what i have done...i was just testing with buying a new one as i don't have the box/tsn yet...
Old 08-24-2013, 04:24 PM   #28
bdspilot

Quote:
Can anyone confirm this?
Old 08-24-2013, 04:46 PM   #29
Am_I_Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdspilot View Post
Can anyone confirm this?
i can...emailed Weaknees and got my TSN...just did it with no issue...

*still wish there was not tax on service...lol

Last edited by Am_I_Evil : 08-24-2013 at 04:52 PM.
Old 08-24-2013, 04:59 PM   #30
bdspilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Am_I_Evil View Post
i can...emailed Weaknees and got my TSN...just did it with no issue...

*still wish there was not tax on service...lol
There's tax on the service ??