TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 08-20-2013, 09:59 AM   #1
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey

Weeds - Anyone a fan?

Was bored last night as I finally caught up on my stuff and looked through Netflix and came across this show. I had heard good things. I watched the pilot and it was very meh. Does it get better or is just more of the same?
Old 08-20-2013, 10:04 AM   #2
markymark_ctown

first couple of seasons (or so) were great. not so much after that. that said, i did finish watching the whole thing...the last few seasons were awful imho.
markymark_ctown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 10:12 AM   #3
MonsterJoe
salty meat-poles

I've been stuck on the last season for about a year now I think.

It started a little slow - then got really really good for a season or two...then started it's decline, IMO.
MonsterJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 10:20 AM   #4
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey

Maybe I'll stick with it for a bit. I was looking for a 30 minute show to kill time when I don't have more time. I don't really like watching hour shows and not finish them in one sitting.
Old 08-20-2013, 11:52 AM   #5
Timbeau

I don't think it's a show you want to watch all seasons at once. I watched the first few seasons over the course of a couple of weeks and was pretty bored with it when I reached the 5th season or so. I took a 2 month break and after that it was fun to watch it again. I then watched the rest of the seasons at a much slower pace and it did keep my interest.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
-- visionary
Timbeau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 12:02 PM   #6
MonsterJoe
salty meat-poles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timbeau View Post
I don't think it's a show you want to watch all seasons at once. I watched the first few seasons over the course of a couple of weeks and was pretty bored with it when I reached the 5th season or so. I took a 2 month break and after that it was fun to watch it again. I then watched the rest of the seasons at a much slower pace and it did keep my interest.
Ya - pretty much the same experience I had.
MonsterJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 12:28 PM   #7
astrohip
Stuart F

We started season threads (as versus eps threads) for most of the seasons, so as you watch or finish a season, go back and find them for some fun commentary.

I thought the first couple seasons were great fun, then they drifted a little off course, then got better, then got worse again, yada yada. Even at its worst, it was still a fun show to watch, and as you say, it's only 30 minutes.

There were some seasons that really went on a tangent, but then the next season would have a way to get back on course and draw you in.

As long as you're enjoying it, keep watching. There's nothing else like it on TV, and it was the first of the female-centric Showtime 30 minute dramedies. And they threw just enough MLP at ya' to keep it... interesting.
astrohip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 01:27 PM   #8
tivoboyjr
Unregistered User

My wife loved it. Probably her favorite show ever. I didn't make it through the first episode. To me, it seemed like an R-rated Desperate Housewives. I'm sure I didn't give it a fair shot, but the shows I really like always seem to draw me in immediately, and this one didn't.
tivoboyjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 06:08 AM   #9
markp99
TakoKichi

I loved some of it and only liked other parts of it. Overall it was good.
markp99 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 10:48 AM   #10
nickels
opinionated dope

I like the first few seasons, and then it gets worse and worse. I never finished. By season 7 they wore me out with the plot retreads and my growing dislike of the main characters.
Old 08-21-2013, 02:56 PM   #11
mooseAndSquirrel

Like most others in this thread, I loved the early seasons. And I have a huge crush on MLP. But wow, when it got bad it was really, really bad.

Makes me worry about Jenji Kohans new show Orange is the New Black. I loved the first season of that.

But I get invested in shows and somehow can't stop watching. Like 24. I should have stopped that 3 seasons in.
mooseAndSquirrel is offline   Reply With Quote