TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 08-21-2013, 05:46 AM   #1
djones18

New TiVo End User Agreement

TiVo has produced an updated End User Agreement. It clarifies a number of issues and terms of use. Additionally, if you agree to its terms you agree to binding arbitration in any dispute, waive your right to any type civil jury trial and waive your right to participate in any class action suit against TiVo. You can opt out of the "Dispute Resolution" Section in writing to TiVo within 30 days, I presume from 20 August 2013, if you are a current TiVo subscriber, or 30 days from your initial device activation.

============================================
User Agreement "(Excerpt)"

Effective as of August 20, 2013

This user agreement governs your purchase and use of products and services offered by TiVo Inc. (including TiVo DVRs, mobile apps, and websites). By clicking on an “I agree” or similar button you acknowledge that you have read, understood, and agreed to this agreement, including the parts about arbitrating any disputes, waiving any right to a jury trial and giving up the right to bring or participate in a class action.

=============================================

Last edited by djones18 : 08-21-2013 at 05:52 AM.
djones18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 06:56 AM   #2
nooneuknow
TiVo User Since 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by djones18 View Post
TiVo has produced an updated End User Agreement. It clarifies a number of issues and terms of use. Additionally, if you agree to its terms you agree to binding arbitration in any dispute, waive your right to any type civil jury trial and waive your right to participate in any class action suit against TiVo. You can opt out of the "Dispute Resolution" Section in writing to TiVo within 30 days, I presume from 20 August 2013, if you are a current TiVo subscriber, or 30 days from your initial device activation.

============================================
User Agreement "(Excerpt)"

Effective as of August 20, 2013

This user agreement governs your purchase and use of products and services offered by TiVo Inc. (including TiVo DVRs, mobile apps, and websites). By clicking on an “I agree” or similar button you acknowledge that you have read, understood, and agreed to this agreement, including the parts about arbitrating any disputes, waiving any right to a jury trial and giving up the right to bring or participate in a class action.

=============================================
I'm VERY tempted to opt-out. I'm looking for any downside to doing so.

Hopefully, this thread doesn't get lost in all the new-product madness.

Maybe a poll of some type would help see who thinks what?