TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Roamio DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 08-20-2013, 10:11 PM   #1
Surrealone
TiVoOnThEmInD

TA question

After I got my Roamio pro and I take my 2 single stream cable cards in for 1 multi stream card should I also make sure to take my TA to make sure the firmware is up to date to support 6 tuners? I did do a search and from I'm reading all the TA's should have updated firmware to support the 6 tuners. oop's I forgot to add that I have cox cable if that matters
Surrealone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 10:46 PM   #2
CoxInPHX
COX Communications

You should always specify Motorola or Cisco when asking questions about TAs and CableCARDs.

But, Yes, both Motorola and Cisco CCs and TA do support 6 tuners, and Cox has recently updated the Cisco CC's for improved 6 Tuner Support.

For Cisco
CableCARD OS Version should be: PKEY1.5.3_F.p.0601
Tuning Adapter Firmware should be: FLASH: STA1.0.0_1520_LR_F.1601

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

CoxInPHX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 11:16 PM   #3
Surrealone
TiVoOnThEmInD

oop's I forgot that part Motorola TA and the CC will not matter I'm turning them in for multi stream.

So I should take my TA with me to have it updated? Or should I look for firmware ver in the menu for TA on my tivo box?
Old 08-21-2013, 12:25 AM   #4
crxssi
Veteran TiVo User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surrealone View Post
oop's I forgot that part Motorola TA and the CC will not matter I'm turning them in for multi stream.

So I should take my TA with me to have it updated? Or should I look for firmware ver in the menu for TA on my tivo box?
Neither. If you take it in, you might even get one with OLDER firmware.

The firmware can be updated over the wire, but only by the cable company pushes, so you will have to call them if it doesn't do it automatically.
Old 08-21-2013, 12:57 AM   #5
Surrealone
TiVoOnThEmInD

Thank you!
Old 08-21-2013, 01:06 AM   #6
MeInDallas

We have the Motorola MTR-700 tuning adapter here, and they updated the firmware back the first of the year I think it was, I forgot, but its running Platform Version: 01.37 which allows 6 tuners, if that helps you out any.
MeInDallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 05:05 PM   #7
ahwman

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeInDallas View Post
We have the Motorola MTR-700 tuning adapter here, and they updated the firmware back the first of the year I think it was, I forgot, but its running Platform Version: 01.37 which allows 6 tuners, if that helps you out any.
Do you ever lose your SDV channels and need to power-cycle your TA? I also have a Motorola TA running version 1.37 and at least twice/week have to power-cycle it as I will lose all of my SDV channels without warning. Swapping out the TA for a new one has had no effect and I have had all of my cabling/signal levels checked from the pole right to my TiVo by a senior engineer and all is within spec. At this point I'm starting to wonder if it's an issue related to the Roamio. I don't know where to go from here...
ahwman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 08:37 PM   #8
crxssi
Veteran TiVo User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahwman View Post
Do you ever lose your SDV channels and need to power-cycle your TA? I also have a Motorola TA running version 1.37 and at least twice/week have to power-cycle it as I will lose all of my SDV channels without warning. Swapping out the TA for a new one has had no effect and I have had all of my cabling/signal levels checked from the pole right to my TiVo by a senior engineer and all is within spec. At this point I'm starting to wonder if it's an issue related to the Roamio. I don't know where to go from here...
I have a similar experience although probably not as frequently. I don't know HOW often it happens, since I never live tune and there are very few SDV channels I actually record anything from.

Roamio, Cox, Motorola TA
Old 12-29-2013, 08:50 PM   #9
dkarius

Yes this has been happening to me but I completely loose the signal so the Tivo ends up recording nothing but air. The way I have been fixing it is to reboot the Tivo which I cannot do while away from home. I would like Tivo to have the ability to reboot off site with a software patch.
dkarius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 11:12 PM   #10
crxssi
Veteran TiVo User

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkarius View Post
Yes this has been happening to me but I completely loose the signal so the Tivo ends up recording nothing but air. The way I have been fixing it is to reboot the Tivo which I cannot do while away from home. I would like Tivo to have the ability to reboot off site with a software patch.
It is much faster, easier, and safer to reboot the TA. I have actually thought about putting a timed power controller on it, if the problem gets worse.