Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Series3 HDTV DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 06-21-2013, 09:29 AM   #661
dlfl
Cranky old novice

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluewarp View Post
My original S3 gets this all the time. Rebooting eventually leads to a hard error, but works for a year or so. Rerunning the setup clears things out and fixes this temporarily too. From what I have researched, my problem is due to the guide info taking to long to process. So Tivo connects, processes but does not complete before next connection. Next connection resets the process etc etc. Tivo suggests pulling the network cable to let it complete. My solution is to activate parental controls on the router and block Tivo one day a week. Been working like this for couple years.

-jim
Disconnecting the USB cable to the TA for a few hours works for many people. Have you tried that? What is the GC (Garbage Collection) date saying during all this?

"It must be swell to be so perfect and odor-free" -- Del Griffith

VideoReDo users: Try
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

pyTivo users: Try
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
and
dlfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 09:41 PM   #662
pbakers

Quote:
Originally Posted by unitron View Post
Does anyone have a copy of the S03 fix posted at the above link (texasblindjack.com)? The link is down, I just get a "404 Page Not Found" message. Or at least a basic summary of the fix posted there? Thanks.
Old 07-22-2013, 10:38 PM   #663
Eccles
Mostly harmless

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbakers View Post
Does anyone have a copy of the S03 fix posted at the above link (texasblindjack.com)? The link is down, I just get a "404 Page Not Found" message. Or at least a basic summary of the fix posted there? Thanks.
The Wayback Machine is your friend: http://web.archive.org/web/*/http://...rom-your-tivo/
150-hour Premiere XL (Lifetime)
Eccles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 10:57 AM   #664
steffen707

I got the S03 error about a year ago, and after doing a guided setup, got stuck in the loop. I cleared everything and started over. I was lazy and waited a year to get a timer for my tuning adapter.

I have never had my tivo freeze on me before. After putting the timer on the TA last week, i have woken up 2 out of 6 days to have my tivo frozen, and unresponsive to any button pushing on the remote. I have to unplug its power and replug it back in.

After doing so it seems to run fine.

Has anybody else experienced this freezing of their tivo with using the timer on the tuning adapter? So frustrating as its hard to explain the hows and whys to my wife.
steffen707 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 12:58 PM   #665
Teeps

Quote:
Originally Posted by steffen707 View Post
Has anybody else experienced this freezing of their tivo with using the timer on the tuning adapter?
No.
But, this could be an indication of the power supply starting to fail, from faulty capacitors.
Many reports of this:

Time to check the power supply
http://www.google.com/search?client=...hannel=suggest

Last edited by Teeps : 08-13-2013 at 10:08 AM.
Teeps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 01:04 PM   #666
steffen707

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teeps View Post
Jeez, $99 for a new power supply? I probably should just pay $350 for a new TiVo Premiere XL4.
Old 08-13-2013, 10:06 AM   #667
Teeps

Quote:
Jeez, $99 for a new power supply? I probably should just pay $350 for a new TiVo Premiere XL4.
If your TiVo has a lifetime subscription, it's worth fixing the power supply.
They can be fixed for about $15 in parts if you can run a soldering pencil.
If you have to pay a local electrical repairman add another $20~30 to the parts bill.
I can help if you are in the L.A. area.
Old 08-13-2013, 10:34 AM   #668
steffen707

Quote:
If you have to pay a local electrical repairman add another $20~30 to the parts bill.
Very true about the lifetime subscription deal. I'm month to month though.

I have done some soldering, probably could de-solder and resolder it back with the new parts. I'm not convinced its the capacitors yet. I'll have to take the box apart and check them.

After using the timer for a week, i checked the GC info in settings and all the dates look correct now. Since it took about a year for the issue to start acting up, does this mean you only need to switch off the TA once a year? Or can you even get by turning the TA off for a few hours every 2 weeks?
Old 08-13-2013, 11:15 AM   #669
buscuitboy

Wink

Quote:
I have had two lifetimed Series 3 (OLED) with capacitor issues. While I may have been able to fix them myself, I didn't feel real comfortable soldering it & possibly messing something up so I just had a local repair shop do it for me. Pulled the power supply from each on my own and took it to them directly. Cost was about $18 each time to fix the bad caps. All has been working good since.
buscuitboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 05:14 PM   #670
DougJohnson

Quote:
After using the timer for a week, i checked the GC info in settings and all the dates look correct now. Since it took about a year for the issue to start acting up, does this mean you only need to switch off the TA once a year? Or can you even get by turning the TA off for a few hours every 2 weeks?
I had this problem in October of 2011 and put my TA on a timer. After about a month, everything was going well, so I took it off the timer. Things continued to go well with GC occurring every few days. Then the problem reoccurred once, maybe 9 months later. I turned off the TA for about 4 hours, GC did its thing, and I haven't had a problem since.

So, at least for me, the problem is rare, and I don't need to use a timer. You might want to stop using the timer and just check GC about once a week. If it has been more than a week since GC, turn off the TA until GC completes, 4 hours or so. If this happens regularly, return to using a timer.

-- Doug

OLED S3, Time Warner TA, 1 TB internal drive.
DougJohnson is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 05:31 PM   #671
sushikitten
Exhausted mama

OTOH, I tried leaving mine off the timer...and was having to pull the plug weekly. So mine is now on a daily automated regimen.

sushikitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 08:57 PM   #672
dlfl
Cranky old novice

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougJohnson View Post
I had this problem in October of 2011 and put my TA on a timer. After about a month, everything was going well, so I took it off the timer. Things continued to go well with GC occurring every few days. Then the problem reoccurred once, maybe 9 months later. I turned off the TA for about 4 hours, GC did its thing, and I haven't had a problem since.

So, at least for me, the problem is rare, and I don't need to use a timer. You might want to stop using the timer and just check GC about once a week. If it has been more than a week since GC, turn off the TA until GC completes, 4 hours or so. If this happens regularly, return to using a timer.

-- Doug

OLED S3, Time Warner TA, 1 TB internal drive.
I think I may have the same situation. My TiVo HD is four years old and the one and only time I had the GC problem was in early April this year. I didn't even power down the TA -- just disconnected the USB cable for 3 hours. Haven't had the GC problem since then although I've noticed the interval between the last 3 GC dates was 5 days, whereas 2 to 3 days had been normal before that. I wonder if the GC interval slowly grows until it reaches a week, and causes the program-data-will-run out message?

and
Old 08-20-2013, 01:11 AM   #673
substance12

Do the newer tivos have this same problem? I did the update channels trick but it wasn't obvious to me that that method was forcing a GC on my unit.
substance12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 01:24 AM   #674
Eccles
Mostly harmless

Quote:
Originally Posted by substance12 View Post
Do the newer tivos have this same problem?
No. I eventually gave up and used this BS as an excuse to upgrade to a Premiere, and haven't had a moment's trouble since. Come to think of it, perhaps there's a reason why TiVo don't appear to be in any hurry to fix it.
150-hour Premiere XL (Lifetime)
Eccles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 10:21 AM   #675
Teeps

Quote:
Originally Posted by buscuitboy View Post
I have had two lifetimed Series 3 (OLED) with capacitor issues. While I may have been able to fix them myself, I didn't feel real comfortable soldering it & possibly messing something up so I just had a local repair shop do it for me. Pulled the power supply from each on my own and took it to them directly. Cost was about $18 each time to fix the bad caps. All has been working good since.
Well there you go... another happy TiVo owner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eccles View Post
No. I eventually gave up and used this BS as an excuse to upgrade to a Premiere, and haven't had a moment's trouble since. Come to think of it, perhaps there's a reason why TiVo don't appear to be in any hurry to fix it.
What ever it takes; I used the "need more tuners" excuse to get an XL4.
Old 11-17-2013, 01:43 AM   #676
joelkfla

So ...

The error message says "Connect to the TiVo service," but the fix is NOT to connect to the TiVo service for 2 days!

As I recall Superman saying in the comic books 50 years ago, "What irony!"
joelkfla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 05:32 PM   #677
ravingfans

Guided Setup Loop S03 fix

I'm posting this in all the threads related to Guided Setup loops as I have not seen this advice anywhere on the nets:

How to get out of Guided Setup:
1. Prerequisite--have to have either a serial cable connection to get a shell or a telnet connection to get a shell on the TiVo--there are plenty of resources to show how to do these options elsewhere.
2. disconnect the Tuning Adapter and unplug all cable cards
3. let the TiVo boot up to the Guided Setup entry page, but don't click select with the remote
4. telnet in to the TiVo (or access through the serial link
5. type (without quotes):
dbgc-mcp -fg-gc
this initiates a garbage collection, and since the Tuning Adapter and CableCards are not connected, it does not distract the TiVo from completing GC

6. WAIT for this command to complete. Took mine several hours
7. once dbgc-mcp has completed, go through Guided Setup and it should now complete

Notes: I was having trouble getting fakecall.tcl to work in rc.sysinit.author (although a couple years ago I used it successfully)--it ran fine from the command prompt, but did not bypass the guided setup for me, so perhaps I wasn't doing something right there. Nevertheless, fakecall.tcl is still called from my rc.sysinit.author file, but it was having no effect, so I don't think it played any role in the solution above.

I welcome comments back. This fix does not correct the S03 problem itself, just gets you past the Guided Setup loop. It has been 3.5 years since I had the S03 problem, so now am retracing my steps. My solution at that time was to increase swap space to 2GB, so I think that fended off the problem for a long time.
ravingfans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 01:28 PM   #678
sushikitten
Exhausted mama

I thought just for sheetz and gigglez that I'd take my TA off the lamp timer to see if things had changed. Nope. It took about a month, but as of today, my GC date was January 6. It goes back on the timer tonight.

Old 02-07-2014, 10:21 AM   #679
Teeps

Quote:
Originally Posted by sushikitten View Post
I thought just for sheetz and gigglez that I'd take my TA off the lamp timer to see if things had changed. Nope. It took about a month, but as of today, my GC date was January 6. It goes back on the timer tonight.
Like to dance with the devil heh?

Even with the lamp timer my S3 648 gets GC constipated occasionally.
At the point I have to leave the TA off for a few hours longer 5 instead of 2.5 hrs.

And, just to answer the original question: when will tivo fix "program info will runout on 7-18-2011 connect to tivo" problem?

NEVER!
Old 02-08-2014, 11:39 AM   #680
sushikitten
Exhausted mama

Quote:
Like to dance with the devil heh?
LOL!

At least it fixed itself with four hours back on the timer.

Old 08-02-2014, 04:02 PM   #681
archangelsfv

Possibly fixed?

Can anyone confirm if perhaps TiVo has actually fixed this issue on the S3s?

I've been doing the "pull the usb cable" off the TA weekly since I got cable back in January. I normally do this every Friday night. This past Tuesday, I went into system info and it showed GC ocurred on Tuesday (should have been the previous Saturday). I checked again yesterday and GC ran at 7:15 am Friday morning, but I had not yet pulled the USB cable.

I don't have TiVo suggestions yet, but they usually take a while to restore after GC is run. I also noticed I'm on software version 11.0m-1-2-648. IIRC, my last version was "k".

Just wondering if anyone else has noticed GC running normally. I'm on TWC in LA, too, if that matters.
archangelsfv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 06:05 PM   #682
Teeps

There will never be a "fix" by tivo for this problem... tivo insists that non tivo certified hard drives and/or upgrade drives are the only tivos with this problem.
Therefore tivo has little reason to fix the problem on modified obsolete units.

That said: I've had the tuning adapter on a lamp timer for several years, now. GC occurs every other day to 3 days, never more.
Last month I disabled the t/a timer for 3 weeks, and GC did not occur until 2 days after restoring the lamp timer solution.
Old 09-19-2014, 10:49 AM   #683
randywalters
AVS Old Timer

I just want to pop in here and thank they guys and gals in this thread that came up with and tested the simple solutions to this S03 Error problem.

A few months ago My OLED S3 started giving me the "Guide Data Running Out Soon" warning message but i would ignore it for a few days then it would apparently fix itself and not come back. Then several weeks later it would happen again but go away within a few days. But this last time it wasn't going away and my Guide Data only extended about 4 more days so i forced a connection and for the first time i got the dreaded Failed - Error S03. I tried a few more forced connections over the next few days then instead of Error S03 it got a scary Failed - Unrecoverable Error message instead. The next few attempts were Error S03 so i searched the S3 Forum and found this thread.

I'm really really glad i read through the whole thread before attempting any of the premature and more drastic recommendations some posted to clear and delete or reboot or re-run guided setup or replace the hard drive as none of these were necessary in my case. My GC was stuck at a date two weeks ago so it had not been updating.

On the recommendations posted here by so many several pages into this thread, i simply disconnected the power and USB from my TWC Cisco T/A and also disconnected the Network Cable and let it sit for about 12 hours overnight, and the next morning i checked my GC and it had updated to the current date, so i re-connected the Network Cable, forced a connection which was successful, then baby-sat it for several minutes while it downloaded info, then when it disconnected i unplugged my Network Cable and monitored it while it Loaded Info. Two Hours and 21 minutes later it was done and i soon had 13 days of Guide Data !!

I'm not sure if disconnecting the T/A or disconnecting the Network Cable is what cleared my S03 problem (as i did both) but all my Season Passes and Recordings and Settings are intact.

I bought it Jan 1st 2007 and upgraded to Weaknees 500GB 14 months later when the original hard drive failed out of warranty. I got the Tuning Adapter when Teeps did (we're on the same South Bay TWC Network) and while it's been problematic and unreliable, i had never gotten the S03 thing until just recently.

Premiere 2TB, Series3 OLED w/500GB, TWC Cisco 8742HDC DVR, Panasonic TC-P55ST60, URC R40 Remote, Onkyo TX-SR333 AVR

Last edited by randywalters : 09-19-2014 at 05:37 PM. Reason: fixed typo
randywalters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2014, 11:57 AM   #684
Teeps

Quote:
Originally Posted by randywalters View Post
I just want to pop in here and thank they guys and gals in this thread that came up with and tested the simple solutions to this S03 Error problem.

A few months ago My OLED S3 started giving me the "Guide Data Running Out Soon" warning message but i would ignore it for a few days then it would apparently fix itself and not come back. Then several weeks later it would happen again but go away within a few days. But this last time it wasn't going away and my Guide Data only extended about 4 more days so i forced a connection and for the first time i got the dreaded Failed - Error S03. I tried a few more forced connections over the next few days then instead of Error S03 it got a scary Failed - Unrecoverable Error message instead. The next few attempts were Error S03 so i searched the S3 Forum and found this thread.

I'm really really glad i read through the whole thread before attempting any of the premature and more drastic recommendations some posted to clear and delete or reboot or re-run guided setup or replace the hard drive as none of these were necessary in my case. My GC was stuck at a date two weeks ago so it had not been updating.

On the recommendations posted here by so many several pages into this thread, i simply disconnected the power and USB from my TWC Cisco T/A and also disconnected the Network Cable and let it sit for about 12 hours overnight, and the next morning i checked my GC and it had updated to the current date, so i re-connected the Network Cable, forced a connection which was successfull, then baby-sat it for a few hours while it downloaded info, then when it disconnected i unplugged my Network Cable and monitored it while it Loaded Info. Two Hours and 21 minutes later it was done and i soon had 13 days of Guide Data !!

I'm not sure if disconnecting the T/A or disconnecting the Network Cable is what cleared my S03 problem (as i did both) but all my Season Passes and Recordings and Settings are intact.

I bought it Jan 1st 2007 and upgraded to Weaknees 500GB 14 months later when the original hard drive failed out of warranty. I got the Tuning Adapter when Teeps did (we're on the same South Bay TWC Network) and while it's been problematic and unreliable, i had never gotten the S03 thing until just recently.
Time for a lamp timer.
I have one similar to this: http://www.acehardware.com/product/i...uctId=18590696
But it's branded Ace Hardware.
I have it set to turn power off @ 0100 and on at 0400 hrs.
Old 09-20-2014, 04:21 AM   #685
unitron

Quote:
There will never be a "fix" by tivo for this problem... tivo insists that non tivo certified hard drives and/or upgrade drives are the only tivos with this problem.
Therefore tivo has little reason to fix the problem on modified obsolete units.

That said: I've had the tuning adapter on a lamp timer for several years, now. GC occurs every other day to 3 days, never more.
Last month I disabled the t/a timer for 3 weeks, and GC did not occur until 2 days after restoring the lamp timer solution.

I'm pretty sure that sushikitten's S3 HD is still running the original hard drive, but can't swear to it. I know they were going to add an external and got the "not the one specifically intended for a TiVo" model at one point.

"I am altering the deal. Pray I don't alter it any further."

Darth TiVo, 14 February, 2011
unitron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2014, 09:17 AM   #686
dlfl
Cranky old novice

If all you're getting is the "Program Info will run out" message, and you see the GC date is several days old, try just disconnecting the TA USB cable (rather than all the other stuff mentioned above). Then check the GC date periodically. I've seen it update in as little as 20 mins but it might take up to several hours. (Then reconnect the USB.)

If this is happening frequently the lamp timer is attractive as an automatic corrective solution. I've only had this happen 3 times in 5+ years on my model 652, with 1 TB HDD upgrade -- so it hasn't been worth fussing with the timer.

It's easy to speculate that the software doesn't allow for increased times needed for GC with the increased HDD sizes (e.g. 1 TB and greater). But TiVo actually sold a model 658 (Tivo HD XL) that had a 1 TB drive as delivered. Did they actually tweek the software to handle the increased GC times, but only for that model? If so it seems like it would have been trivially easy for them to include that tweek in the 652 software.

and
Old 09-20-2014, 03:42 PM   #687
randywalters
AVS Old Timer

Quote:
Time for a lamp timer......I have it set to turn power off @ 0100 and on at 0400 hrs.
I actually have few small mechanical lamp timers like that, but i record a lot of cable channels at odd hours and i'm having trouble finding a 4-5 hour time slot window in any given 24 hour period that doesn't contain a scheduled Season Pass recording sometime during the week. And most of what i record happen to be on SDV channels (working off the SDV channel list i got from TWC 3 years ago).

So for now i'm holding off on the Lamp Timer solution and will just disconnect the T/A manually on a weekday that has no cable programs scheduled to record. I just have to remember to do it I'm going to monitor things for the next few weeks.

I've had the T/A since June 2011 and have never ever gotten the S03 Error until i got the first one a week or two ago, and i don't think it's a coincidence that it started the same week that TWC took away all of my my clear QAM local HD channels on my TVs that are connected straight to the wall (i've re-scanned several times but they're no longer there) so i'm thinking something at the head-end changed that is causing some sort of conflict between my S3 and the tuning adapter.

Right now my GC is stuck from a few days ago, and the last connection attempt failed and i have the Error S03 again, but guide data extends up till Wed 10/1 at 5:00 pm. I need to keep my T/A active for the whole weekend, but i unplugged the Network Cable for the weekend as i don't need to connect. Just curious if that will allow the GC to occur like it has for a few others in this thread.

Since i can't use my simple mechanical timer, i found a few digital timers on Amazon that can be set differently on different days so i can leave my T/A active all weekend, but turn it off for several hours on particular weekdays when i don't need it to be on:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...=ATVPDKIKX0DER

http://www.amazon.com/Woods-50008-In..._cd_al_qh_dp_t

Premiere 2TB, Series3 OLED w/500GB, TWC Cisco 8742HDC DVR, Panasonic TC-P55ST60, URC R40 Remote, Onkyo TX-SR333 AVR

Last edited by randywalters : 09-20-2014 at 06:38 PM.
randywalters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2014, 09:17 PM   #688
ravingfans

Lamp Timer for USB Hub instead of TA

Hi All, I was having a problem with the Tuning Adapter not sync'ing back to TWC after the lamp timer turned back on, therefore missed recording many shows. Would have to turn the TA off and on and unplug in various sequences to get it to re-sync--very ugly!

I changed my configuration to put a USB Powered Hub between the TiVo S3 and the TA. basically USB Cable from TiVo to the USB Powered Hub and another USB Cable from the USB Powered Hub to the TA. The Power adapter for the USB Adapter then plugs into the Lamp Timer, so that the TA is powered all the time.

I ran into one problem doing this, in that the USB Powered Hub didn't always turn off since there was just enough energy on the USB line to keep it alive, so this wasn't completely reliable and I still had the GC issue, etc. To fix this, I got out my soldering iron and wire snippers exacto-knife,[Edit--thanks to Nooneuknow: I actually meant to say exacto knife to cut the PCB traces rx unning power to the USB connectors on the Hub. No for the inexperienced at electronics rework as it did involve some soldering too figured out the correct Power pins on the USB connectors I used and clipped them cut the lines. Had to clip on both the TiVo USB Connector as well as the TA USB Connector to have the USB Powered Hub fully dependent on the wall wart for power.

This configuration has worked much better as the TA has since never lost sync with TWC, it merely wasn't connected via the USB Hub to the Tivo which allows GC to complete and the TiVo get's regular programming updates ever since.

I'm cross-posting this in another forum or two where I've posted my input on the S03 error before, hopefully can save somebody else the irritation...

Last edited by ravingfans : 09-28-2014 at 07:34 PM. Reason: Suggestion from Nooneuknow
ravingfans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 06:18 AM   #689
nooneuknow
TiVo User Since 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravingfans View Post
Hi All, I was having a problem with the Tuning Adapter not sync'ing back to TWC after the lamp timer turned back on, therefore missed recording many shows. Would have to turn the TA off and on and unplug in various sequences to get it to re-sync--very ugly!

I changed my configuration to put a USB Powered Hub between the TiVo S3 and the TA. basically USB Cable from TiVo to the USB Powered Hub and another USB Cable from the USB Powered Hub to the TA. The Power adapter for the USB Adapter then plugs into the Lamp Timer, so that the TA is powered all the time.

I ran into one problem doing this, in that the USB Powered Hub didn't always turn off since there was just enough energy on the USB line to keep it alive, so this wasn't completely reliable and I still had the GC issue, etc. To fix this, I got out my soldering iron and wire snippers, figured out the correct Power pins on the USB connectors I used and clipped them. Had to clip on both the TiVo USB Connector as well as the TA USB Connector to have the USB Powered Hub fully dependent on the wall wart for power.

This configuration has worked much better as the TA has since never lost sync with TWC, it merely wasn't connected via the USB Hub to the Tivo which allows GC to complete and the TiVo get's regular programming updates ever since.

I'm cross-posting this in another forum or two where I've posted my input on the S03 error before, hopefully can save somebody else the irritation...
Wouldn't it make more sense to open up the hub, and cut the proper power carrying lines in there (for those those that have the skills)?

All it takes is an exacto knife, to cut the traces on the PCB inside. I've done this on many PCBs, for many different reasons.

I had often found myself thinking along the same lines as you, and ran into the same obstacles.

There are other alternatives. I have "Mini notebook travel USB hubs", that have a switch on the side, for "bus-powered" or "external powered". If the switch is set to external powered, and the external power is lost, the hard switch makes all this cutting wires or slicing traces completely unnecessary (and doesn't let USB bus power pass). But, many of these hubs don't include an AC power adapter, and use a special power connector type, typical of most 5V I.T.E. power supplies, to insure you use an I.T.E. (Information Technology Equipment) rated power supply. I used a universal one, with multiple tips (but the chance of reversing polarity, for those who are not careful).

I beg you to consider updating your posts, before the wrong people get involved in messing with things they aren't equipped to, and/or don't have the required skills to do it correctly. TCF gets members from all walks of life, and some have no business cutting/slicing cables and traces.

If you do, and include my alternate suggestions, it would be appreciated if you gave me credit for the alternative options for achieving the same results.
Old 09-22-2014, 08:58 AM   #690
Teeps

Quote:
Originally Posted by nooneuknow View Post
I beg you to consider updating your posts, before the wrong people get involved in messing with things they aren't equipped to, and/or don't have the required skills to do it correctly. TCF gets members from all walks of life, and some have no business cutting/slicing cables and traces.

If you do, and include my alternate suggestions, it would be appreciated if you gave me credit for the alternative options for achieving the same results.
Huh?
I'm confused, where did this come from?