TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > DirecTV TiVo Powered PVRs & Receivers
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 09-04-2010, 07:34 PM   #91
poolgeezer

To those still having the dreaded "no local numbers" problem: email the president of Directv. They called me within 24 hours and told me to try using ,034# as a dial out prefix. It worked! DVR is now fully functional.
poolgeezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 10:58 AM   #92
poolgeezer

I made a typo in my last post. The correct dial in prefix should be ,#034 NOT ,034#
Old 09-05-2010, 11:53 AM   #93
stevel
Dumb Blond

TC CLUB MEMBER
That prefix slows down the modem to 33.8kb - I'm not sure why it is being suggested for this issue.
Old 09-05-2010, 06:15 PM   #94
ecurbswerdna

Also success!

This is just to let the forum know that my problem also has been fixed. I was away until Wednesday (Sept 1) and when I checked, my system had made a call on its own and recording was now working.

After seeing the message :
Quote:
Originally Posted by weaknees View Post
We just received a message from TiVo letting us know that the problem has been solved!

You should now be able to dial in your DIRECTV TiVo and get a list of local numbers.

(We also tested a box here and confirmed that things are working!)

Thanks to TiVo and DIRECTV!
I was able to get a local number. Now everything appears to be function as before.
Thanks for all the input and the effort that several have made, which probably got DirecTV to find a solution. (I suspect it was THEIR upgrade which lost the correct number!)
ecurbswerdna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 07:32 PM   #95
stevel
Dumb Blond

TC CLUB MEMBER
This was a TiVo problem. Those dialin numbers are TiVos. Most likely the 800 number that the DTiVos used either no longer worked or did not respond properly.
Old 09-07-2010, 02:43 PM   #96
Dansch18

Mine works now too

I was able to complete my setup and get the local numbers. Thanks to everyone that contributed to this discussion.
Dansch18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 05:47 PM   #97
weaknees

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecurbswerdna View Post
Thanks for all the input and the effort that several have made, which probably got DirecTV to find a solution. (I suspect it was THEIR upgrade which lost the correct number!)
Actually (and interestingly for all of the conspiracy theorists out there), the problem (and the solution) came from TiVo, rather than DIRECTV. From the outset, DIRECTV engineers indicated to us that the problem was on TiVo's side, and it unfortunately took longer than we had hoped to get resolve the problem.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
weaknees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 05:54 PM   #98
stevel
Dumb Blond

TC CLUB MEMBER
That's what I figured, since those dial-in lines are operated by TiVo and there has not been any software updates for DTiVos in quite a while now.
Old 09-10-2010, 05:49 AM   #99
krkaufman

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevel View Post
That prefix slows down the modem to 33.8kb - I'm not sure why it is being suggested for this issue.
Given the timing of the post, I suspect the reason this change worked had more to do with weaknees' earlier post that TiVo had fixed the root problem.

edit: p.s. And agreed, the modem speed tweak would be more for a unit not able to successfully connect, as opposed to the symptoms cited here... successful connections but to an apparently empty local numbers listing.

Last edited by krkaufman : 09-10-2010 at 06:01 AM.
krkaufman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 05:59 AM   #100
krkaufman

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitepelican View Post
I've recently loaded new images on a couple of DirecTivos, and then proceeded to hack the software (not Zipper, but manually hacked). I was able to get through the Guided Setup on both without even having a phone line connected and then after running fakecall.tcl was able to get to the Now Playing list.
Yes, this worked for me, as well, with the caveat that I had opted to reset the hard drives to 6.2a software, first. Post-Zipper/tweak.sh, I ran fakecall.tcl and, as you indicate, I was able to begin using the DVR services, including recording (as my 3 units *are* still under active subscription).
krkaufman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 12:37 PM   #101
poolgeezer

I am having a problem of pixilation or "even searching for signal Sat. 2 in". It is not the cable or anything outside the receiver. I know this because swapping satellite inputs at the unit still results in the same outcome. Does anyone have any ideas?
Old 09-22-2010, 12:57 PM   #102
weaknees

Quote:
Originally Posted by poolgeezer View Post
I am having a problem of pixilation or "even searching for signal Sat. 2 in". It is not the cable or anything outside the receiver. I know this because swapping satellite inputs at the unit still results in the same outcome. Does anyone have any ideas?
That's likely a bad tuner.

We can fix it:

http://www.weaknees.com/directv-tivo...ner-repair.php

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 09-22-2010, 12:57 PM   #103
whitepelican

Quote:
Originally Posted by poolgeezer View Post
http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb...53#post6521453
whitepelican is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 11:50 PM   #104
rcrocker

Arrow The problem is still active (3 years later)...

I was able to resolve it, it appears that if you do a clear and delete WITHOUT a local number on the drive, you just boxed yourself in with this problem. You would have this situation if you copied a drive image taken immediately after a clear and delete, without having a local number. Then, if you put this on another TIVO, and do a clear and delete (again), you've just done two clear and deletes in a row, with no active local phone number. The solution I used, obtain a local number by initiating the 1-800 call, BEFORE you do the clear and delete the second time, seems to work, even when the source image had no local number. Clear and delete the second time will clear the local number you just added, but by getting a local number first, the 1-800 call will now go through okay after the second clear and delete is performed.
Of course, best is to use a drive image of a hard drive that has an active local number to begin with, then when you clear and delete, the 1-800 call in number will work correctly.
rcrocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 11:04 PM   #105
satpro

Or you could just enter a known access number as a dialing prefix and then after it updates remove dialing prefix and select corresponding number from list instead.
satpro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 10:53 AM   #106
sbuck143

This problem is back.

I am trying to get DVR capability on a newly obtained HR10-250 and it wont get past the "First Call Setup" part.

I tried putting in the known local dial in number as the dialing prefix. When I do this it makes a successful "test connection" in that part of the settings menu, but as a part of the "final steps to activate service" where you put in your area code...no bueno.

It still tells me there that my area code has no known local dial in numbers, which I know isn't true because my 2 other directv TiVo's connect to them just fine.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
sbuck143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 04:59 PM   #107
zorro255

Ditto on the problem being back. Upgraded to new bigger harddrive. Thought this was going to be any easy upgrade. Then tried to do a call in.

"Try Another Area Code."
"The (###) area code has no dial-in numbers."

I don't want to call DTvo until absolutly nessisary.

Any other suggestions I tried the early prefexies.
zorro255 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 05:05 PM   #108
weaknees

TiVo is aware of the problem; we told them about it weeks ago. I can only presume/hope that they are working with DIRECTV. We have given them multiple TSNs of customers with this issue. We have had a couple of customers claim they could get around the issue by modifying the dialing prefix with ,#034,,XXXXXXXXX (replacing the Xs with a known working number from the popfinder, see below), and then forcing a test call ("Test Connection").

New Pop Finder link:

https://www.tivo.com/email-sub/popfinder.do

Old 09-21-2013, 05:35 PM   #109
zorro255

,#034,,XXXXXXXXX tried it with the new link. Still didn't work. I am on the "Final Setup Setps". And I see the "Test Connection" on the bottom of the screen. Still nothing.

I also tried it with ,#034,,1XXXXXXXXXX and ,#034,,XXXXXXXXXX failed and ,#034,,1XXXXXXXXXX,

I had a call in success with the 1 in the prefrex but still the same no numbers error.

I also called Dtv. She didn't know anything about this issue. She also never seen my tivo before.

Last edited by zorro255 : 09-21-2013 at 06:38 PM.
zorro255 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 11:20 AM   #110
sbuck143

Quote:
Originally Posted by zorro255 View Post
,#034,,XXXXXXXXX tried it with the new link. Still didn't work. I am on the "Final Setup Setps". And I see the "Test Connection" on the bottom of the screen. Still nothing.

I also tried it with ,#034,,1XXXXXXXXXX and ,#034,,XXXXXXXXXX failed and ,#034,,1XXXXXXXXXX,

I had a call in success with the 1 in the prefrex but still the same no numbers error.

I also called Dtv. She didn't know anything about this issue. She also never seen my tivo before.
yeah it seems as DirecTV gets deeper and deeper in the Genie Whole Home DirecTV Plus paradigm, I really think they don't provide any training or support to their CSR's with their TIVO boxes.

I called TiVO and they punted entirely saying it is a DirecTV issue, call DirecTV and the CSR's act like they have never heard of TiVo before.
sbuck143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 05:29 PM   #111
Marrelli

I don't have the problem of getting numbers. My system gave me a message that it has failed to call in, in two weeks. I connected a phone to the same jack and it works OK. I've tried switching to other local numbers also. I can get thru the Phone test successfully. But, it seems to timeout on "Accessing Acct Info" on "Connect to DVR Service". I also tried puting ,#034,, in the prefix.

So, unless this is a Directv or Tivo glitch, my unit might be damaged as far as making calls now.

My understanding is, that I can just disconnect the phone line and I will be pestered with these messages from time to time. But no other problems. Is this correct?
Old 10-14-2013, 03:11 PM   #112
timkelco

So is this still a problem?

I have been trying for a month to get dial in numbers. We installed a new drive in or R10 and get all the way to the Connecting part and get "Call interrupted" I get Negotiating...Configuring, Downloading then Failed, Call interrupted. We try 5 or more times a day we leave the phone line hooked up and it is always the same thing. Call waiting is off, not like we get any calls on that line it is a DSL phone line we never use for calls(but it does work)

When I test the Phone Connection it all works "Test Succeeded"
timkelco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 11:01 PM   #113
unitron

Quote:
Originally Posted by weaknees View Post
That's likely a bad tuner.

We can fix it:

http://www.weaknees.com/directv-tivo...ner-repair.php
Does that mean that you can actually fix bad tuners or that you figured he had a good tuner that wasn't working because of a bad cap right underneath the heat sink overhang on the power supply?

Because I've got a lifetimed S3 HD with an actual problem with one of the cable tuners.

"I am altering the deal. Pray I don't alter it any further."

Darth TiVo, 14 February, 2011

Last edited by unitron : 10-18-2013 at 02:51 AM.
unitron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 12:54 PM   #114
timkelco

OK, so the "Call Interrupted" is not on my end. Just had a chat with Weaknees and it is a Tivo problem. It is all related to this topic cause in the beginning it was "No Local Numbers" now that is fixed. Now they are working on the "Failed Call Interrupted" problem. I just have to try it everyday till they fix it.
timkelco is offline   Reply With Quote