TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 08-16-2013, 11:34 PM   #5551
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexofindy View Post
moyekj: does it matter where in the command line of the encoding profiles I put the strings you mention? Is just before the "OUTPUT" OK?
ffmpeg may be picky about it. Put it right after -i INPUT to be safe (that's what worked for me). For handbrake I put it before -o OUTPUT.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
moyekj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 12:14 AM   #5552
nooneuknow
TiVo User Since 2007

I forget...

Which one did the Premiere (Series 4) introduce, TS or PS? I know TiVo desktop has an option to transfer in a mode that either works with Premiere-only, or a mode that works with the HD/S3 as well, but it doesn't say TS/PS...
nooneuknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 12:20 AM   #5553
ThAbtO
TiVoholic by the bay

Quote:
Originally Posted by nooneuknow View Post
I forget...

Which one did the Premiere (Series 4) introduce, TS or PS? I know TiVo desktop has an option to transfer in a mode that either works with Premiere-only, or a mode that works with the HD/S3 as well, but it doesn't say TS/PS...
TS, which is Transport Stream.

PS or Program Stream is the older form.

~~~~~

The TiVo Apocalypse begins on Sat 2013 Feb 16 00:00 GMT!
ThAbtO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 12:34 PM   #5554
TimothyGraham

KMTTG seems to be working great on my Mac. One question, is there an option to correct deinterlacing while converting a .tivo file.
TimothyGraham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 06:16 PM   #5555
wmcbrine
Resistance Useless

Quote:
Originally Posted by moyekj View Post
I'm not sure if simply using ts=on with pyTivo to pull existing mpeg2 program stream container file will work as ffmpeg may throw out the captions when remuxing.
It doesn't. But, the captions seem to be corrupted, as noted by Alex.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexofindy View Post
I'm pretty sure I found that pyTivo won't send the .Tivo program stream files back to the Tivo unless I first decrypted them.
Incorrect. Unless you were using a broken version of pyTivo, like the old "Windows Installer" that won't go away. <sigh> But that version wouldn't do ts=on, either.

wmcbrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 07:34 PM   #5556
True Colors

One of the coolest features in kmttg used to be the ability to start a download from a paused point in a recording.

Some time back, kmttg lost this functionality(at least with Tivo premieres it did).

Will this functionality be coming back someday? If so, is there a timetable for this?

I updated to the most recent version of kmttg today but it still will not allow me to do this.

Thanks,

TC
True Colors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 08:35 PM   #5557
ThAbtO
TiVoholic by the bay

Quote:
Originally Posted by True Colors View Post
One of the coolest features in kmttg used to be the ability to start a download from a paused point in a recording.

Some time back, kmttg lost this functionality(at least with Tivo premieres it did).

Will this functionality be coming back someday? If so, is there a timetable for this?

I updated to the most recent version of kmttg today but it still will not allow me to do this.

Thanks,

TC
I believe it happened when there was an update on the Premieres to 20.3 and a bug broke that feature. It does not happen on earlier Tivos prior to Premiere.

~~~~~

Old 08-19-2013, 01:03 PM   #5558
resildoc

kmtgg optimal hd/audio encoding profile for audio

Hi, Love and have used kmtgg, but in the pull downs menu, which encoding profile should I use for hd shows to maintain optimal audio playback once decrypted? Warmly, Joel.
resildoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 04:19 PM   #5559
c293716

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedMan8 View Post
I've been using KMTTG for years without any issues (amazing program)... but recently my computer crashed and I set up a brand new one. Everything installed and started working from scratch very easily!
(again... amazing program!)

The only issue I've found is that ProjectX can't handle some shows. They are "mpg" files, but I get an error in the log when ProjectX tries to cut their commercials:
2013_04_22_16:49:52 ERROR: xcl file not found: C:\Users\RedMan\Documents\Current\00KMTTG\Family Feud (04_22_2013)(15_00).mpg.Xcl
2013_04_22_16:49:55 ERROR: input video=eia-608: projectxcut only supports mpeg2 video

It "feels" like I'm missing a codec or something??

Thanks again for the continued development and support of this!!

-RedMan
I am having the exact same problem...I looked through the thread but did not find a solution. I don't see how, if kmttg is decrypting it to mpeg2 with the tivodecode binary, how it can NOT be in the proper format needed to run qsfix?
c293716 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 09:32 AM   #5560
resildoc

Wink help: quick kmtgg encoding help needed

Hi, Love and have used kmtgg, but in the pull downs menu, which encoding profile should I use to decrypt hd shows and maintain optimal hd/audio playback?Thanks so much!! Joel.
Old 08-20-2013, 03:58 PM   #5561
ThAbtO
TiVoholic by the bay

Quote:
Originally Posted by resildoc View Post
Hi, Love and have used kmtgg, but in the pull downs menu, which encoding profile should I use to decrypt hd shows and maintain optimal hd/audio playback?Thanks so much!! Joel.
There are no profile for decrypting, just check on the "Decrypt" box and it will decode and convert to .mpg.

The encoding profiles is for converting to another format such as .mp4.

~~~~~

Old 08-21-2013, 11:38 PM   #5562
moyekj

FYI. Can confirm RPC Remote functionality works fine with Roamio Plus and managed to copy all my season passes from Premiere & Elite using kmttg (including series without current airings and my auto record wishlists). Initial TTG tests showed ~ 120 Mbps average download speed via Gigabit ethernet connection.

Old 08-22-2013, 07:30 AM   #5563
jcthorne

I can confirm much the same and add that pytivo pushes to the Roamio are working fine.

However, the base Roamio did not get the Gbit Ethernet connection advertised by Tivo. It is 100Mbit only like the older Premiere. I was pretty bummed about that.

Setup help for pytivo under windows:
jcthorne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 08:14 AM   #5564
sydnius

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimothyGraham View Post
KMTTG seems to be working great on my Mac. One question, is there an option to correct deinterlacing while converting a .tivo file.
I made my own profile that handbrake encodes to H.264 constant quality. Of importance to me is the audio/video sync of the encoded product. I found that handbrakecli produces the best result for me here. Included in this profile is the --decomb filter option, which acts as a deinterlacer.
# Description (single line, keep short)
<description>
Handbrake Optimized constant quality H.264

# Encode command or script (single line)
# Known keywords: FFMPEG, MENCODER, HANDBRAKE, PERL, INPUT, OUTPUT, PWD, CPU_CORES, SRTFILE
<command>
HANDBRAKE -i INPUT -o OUTPUT -4 -O -e x264 -q 20.0 -a 1,1 -E faac,copy:ac3 -B 160,160 -6 dpl2,auto -R Auto,Auto -D 0.0,0.0 -f mp4 --detelecine --decomb --loose-anamorphic -m -x b-adapt=2:rc-lookahead=50

# Encoded output file extension
<extension>
m4v
It gets files from my TivoHD down to about 50% of their MPEG-2 sizes with no appreciable drop in quality.
sydnius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 08:47 AM   #5565
philhu
User Since Day ONE!

Quote:
FYI. Can confirm RPC Remote functionality works fine with Roamio Plus and managed to copy all my season passes from Premiere & Elite using kmttg (including series without current airings and my auto record wishlists). Initial TTG tests showed ~ 120 Mbps average download speed via Gigabit ethernet connection.
How does kmttg send season passes from one tivo to another?
Tivo (S2-retired, 500gb HD, 2 units)
TivoHD (2tb HD, chip mod, 2 units)
Tivo Premiere (2tb HD)
Tivo Premiere4 (2tb (JMFS) HD)
philhu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 09:12 AM   #5566
akaussie

Hey moyekj-

As people are upgrading to the Roamio, I am wondering if it is possible to add the ability export the channel list in the 'Guide' section of kmttg to a csv or text file (or something similar)?
I could see this being handy to quickly generating a list of selected channels on say someone's Premiere and then using it as a guide to select the channels on a new Roamio (or any new tivo for the matter).
Anyways, just an idea that may have already been addressed previously.

Thanks.
akaussie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 11:35 AM   #5567
lpwcomp

Quote:
Originally Posted by philhu View Post
Quote:
Emphasis added.

edit: My bad. Hadn't had my coffee yet.

"Jessica Fletcher visits Midsomer. Carnage ensues!"

Last edited by lpwcomp : 08-22-2013 at 12:51 PM. Reason: misread the post.
lpwcomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 11:55 AM   #5568
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by philhu View Post
See the documentation:
http://sourceforge.net/p/kmttg/wiki/remote_control/
In short:
* save Season Passes for your other TiVos using the Save button
* switch to destination TiVo (Roamio) and use Load button to load the previously saved SPs
* Then select 1 or more SPs in the table and press the Copy button
* Repeat for any number of saved SPs you have
* SP priority is determined by the order in which you do the copies

Old 08-22-2013, 12:01 PM   #5569
resildoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThAbtO View Post
There are no profile for decrypting, just check on the "Decrypt" box and it will decode and convert to .mpg.

The encoding profiles is for converting to another format such as .mp4.
Thx. for response. Sorry, I was unclear. KMTGG has a pulldown menu of conversion profiles to re-format the *.tivo files such as "ff droid" with a number of others, so I was wondering which one should I use to give optimal hd and importantly, audio playback? Quality is most important, with hd space not an issue. Thanks!!
Old 08-22-2013, 12:17 PM   #5570
jcthorne

Quote:
Thx. for response. Sorry, I was unclear. KMTGG has a pulldown menu of conversion profiles to re-format the *.tivo files such as "ff droid" with a number of others, so I was wondering which one should I use to give optimal hd and importantly, audio playback? Quality is most important, with hd space not an issue. Thanks!!
The answer to your question is NONE of the profiles. Do not recode at all to maintain optimum quality at the expense of hard drive space.

Just download with the decode option and kmttg will store the file as a .mpg file in the native resolution and audio quality as received from the Tivo.

Old 08-22-2013, 01:37 PM   #5571
resildoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcthorne View Post
The answer to your question is NONE of the profiles. Do not recode at all to maintain optimum quality at the expense of hard drive space.

Just download with the decode option and kmttg will store the file as a .mpg file in the native resolution and audio quality as received from the Tivo.
Ok, but one last quickie..Does KMTGG not require you to select an encoding option on the pull down? Thanks again for your wisdom .
Old 08-22-2013, 01:42 PM   #5572
philhu
User Since Day ONE!

Quote:
Ok, but one last quickie..Does KMTGG not require you to select an encoding option on the pull down? Thanks again for your wisdom .
Just select download, metadata, decode
Do not select encode and it doesn't do it
Tivo (S2-retired, 500gb HD, 2 units)
TivoHD (2tb HD, chip mod, 2 units)
Tivo Premiere (2tb HD)
Tivo Premiere4 (2tb (JMFS) HD)
philhu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 01:43 PM   #5573
jcthorne

Quote:
No, download, decrypt and recode are each separate operations. The pull down list is for the recode operation only.

Old 08-22-2013, 03:24 PM   #5574
resildoc

Quote:
No, download, decrypt and recode are each separate operations. The pull down list is for the recode operation only.
ok, thanks! So, I am just selecting the shows, checking "metadata," but not "decrypt" or "encode", then hitting enter? Just concerned b/c in the computer replay of hd shows, the audio was so low on a high qual tv.
Old 08-22-2013, 03:40 PM   #5575
jcthorne

you DO want to select decrypt. That tells kmttg to change from a protected .TiVo format to an unprotected standard .mpg format. The audio track will be stored exactly as recorded on the TiVo.

Old 08-22-2013, 03:48 PM   #5576
resildoc

Quote:
you DO want to select decrypt. That tells kmttg to change from a protected .TiVo format to an unprotected standard .mpg format. The audio track will be stored exactly as recorded on the TiVo.
Thanks so much. Really appreciate it . Warmly, Joel.
Old 08-23-2013, 07:28 AM   #5577
filovirus

After getting my Roamio Pro yesterday, I moved a premier xl to the basement and pulled another XL out of service. KMTTG shows four Tivo tabs when I have only two on the LAN. I have searched but cannot figure out how to refresh KMTTG to show only the two that are live on my LAN.

Thanks,
Jerold

Edit: I guess I posted too soon. After some more digging I figured out how to delete the IP under the Tivo Tab in congfigure.

Last edited by filovirus : 08-23-2013 at 07:32 AM. Reason: Figured It out
filovirus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 02:01 PM   #5578
mattack

You could have deleted your post!
mattack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 06:27 PM   #5579
cweb

Transport Stream .....

I am experimenting with using transport streams for the first time and just wanted to get some clarifications on what to expect.

I enabled "download tivo file in transport format, the "VideoRedu qsfix" and the "decrypt using videoredu" The resulting file is a mpeg-2 transport file with the extension .ts. Is this the correct extension? I would have thought it would have the same old mpeg extension.

At present pytivo doesn't see the file because of the .ts extension. If this extension is correct then I assume I need to change the pytivo config to see and play it.

Most of the time I am just sending it back to the tivo premiere, but sometimes I want to encode them for iPad play. Should I just be able to check the encode button and use my existing profile to convert them for my iPad?
cweb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 09:09 PM   #5580
wmcbrine
Resistance Useless

pyTivo does see .ts files, and yes, that's the "correct" extension.

wmcbrine is offline   Reply With Quote