TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Help Center
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 05-06-2008, 09:25 PM   #1
crosj

Question Stopped transfering

Everything has been set up for a few months and it is all working just fine until just now. In my "list" I can see what is on my other Tivo. I select the program that I want to transfer and I get the blue screen that says "Please wait". So I wait and wait and NOTHING.. I was locked in and only thing to do was unplug. So like a dummy I did it again with another program. Same results..
Any ideas?
So I just tried going the other way- transfering from my HD to my other tivo. Nothing to transfer is what I am getting. So my HD tivo is "seeing" what is on my other tivo but my older tivo is seeing nothing.
Help

Last edited by crosj : 05-06-2008 at 09:44 PM.
crosj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 10:07 PM   #2
windracer
joined the 10k club

Have you tried rebooting both TiVos? Reboot one, wait for it to come up, then reboot the other.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
windracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 12:06 AM   #3
crosj

I only rebooted one. I will try the other...
Old 05-08-2008, 08:01 AM   #4
crosj

Smile

It appears that all is back to normal with the rebooting of both units.
Thanks
Old 05-08-2008, 08:12 AM   #5
windracer
joined the 10k club

Good to hear.

|
windracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 11:38 PM   #6
sparky365

My TiVo desktop plus has stopped reading the "now playing" list on my TiVo HD DVR. When I click "pick recordings to transfer", it idles for a minute then times out saying "The network connection was aborted by the local system". When I go to my TiVo box and check my desktop folder, everything is there. My DVR can read my computer, but my computer can't read my DVR... I just downloaded an update from Microsoft (Vista 64-bit) this morning, but I think this problem started before that. Even when I try and connect directly to the DVR via web browser, it comes back as a connection error...
sparky365 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 07:18 AM   #7
ggieseke

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparky365 View Post
My TiVo desktop plus has stopped reading the "now playing" list on my TiVo HD DVR. When I click "pick recordings to transfer", it idles for a minute then times out saying "The network connection was aborted by the local system". When I go to my TiVo box and check my desktop folder, everything is there. My DVR can read my computer, but my computer can't read my DVR... I just downloaded an update from Microsoft (Vista 64-bit) this morning, but I think this problem started before that. Even when I try and connect directly to the DVR via web browser, it comes back as a connection error...
If you can't access it using https and your browser, the DVR's internal web server is locked up. A simple reboot should fix it.
ggieseke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 09:21 AM   #8
jhamilton

attempting to transfer from series 4 to series 3. Blue light comes on but nothing transferred. cannot get the light to go off.
jhamilton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 10:58 AM   #9
scole250

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhamilton View Post
attempting to transfer from series 4 to series 3. Blue light comes on but nothing transferred. cannot get the light to go off.
See post #2.
Old 08-17-2013, 06:52 PM   #10
steve614
what ru lookin at?

Also, you may need to cancel the pending transfer(s) from the to do list before you reboot.

Upon rebooting, try and transfer a different program. Could be corruption in the file you tried to transfer, causing the error.

F*CK CANCER!
steve614 is offline   Reply With Quote