TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 08-10-2013, 11:06 AM   #61
LlamaLarry

I seem to recall that I liked this show when it was on, but when I tried slogging through the first episode of the burn off I was all 'meh'.

The whole house mostly couch surfed while the ep was on and was glad it was over. I think I am about to delete all the remaining episodes and just put this series behind me.
LlamaLarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 11:03 PM   #62
mattack

I still have 2 episodes left, but I've actually been enjoying this & Do No Harm more than most of the other new shows this year.. (I realize I think I "meh"-ed both of these shows earlier.)
mattack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 09:42 AM   #63
laria
Librocubicularist

I ended up enjoying it overall, even though I was playing a lot of Candy Crush while watching it and not giving it my full attention.

I wasn't really sure where they were going with a lot of the things from the early episodes before it got cancelled. It seemed like they were getting into some hokey time travel or other crazy mystical stuff, but I thought they actually wrapped it up in a semi-plausible scientific fashion.
Old 08-13-2013, 01:07 PM   #64
dianebrat
Uncontrolled Force

Quote:
Originally Posted by laria View Post
I ended up enjoying it overall, even though I was playing a lot of Candy Crush while watching it and not giving it my full attention.

I wasn't really sure where they were going with a lot of the things from the early episodes before it got cancelled. It seemed like they were getting into some hokey time travel or other crazy mystical stuff, but I thought they actually wrapped it up in a semi-plausible scientific fashion.
I was very pleasantly surprised at the ending, they did a good job of tying everything together and hitting all the marks, I'm sure we would have learned more in season 2, but we got the players in order in the end.

It really is too bad that they never had a shot with it being pulled from the initial lineup after the 3rd episode. But then how often do they get to cater to the Nazi religious conspiracy demographic?

One of the more fun summer series I've seen in a while even if that's not what they intended. It even feels smarter than Under the Dome in my book.
Old 08-13-2013, 03:11 PM   #65
laria
Librocubicularist

Quote:
Originally Posted by dianebrat View Post
I was very pleasantly surprised at the ending, they did a good job of tying everything together and hitting all the marks, I'm sure we would have learned more in season 2, but we got the players in order in the end.
While I guess it did end with sort of an opening for a second season, I think I had read way back that it was always intended to be just these 13 episodes.
Old 08-14-2013, 08:10 AM   #66
DouglasPHill

I wonder if Anthony Edwards will do a guest spot on Falling Skies?
DouglasPHill is offline   Reply With Quote