Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Series3 HDTV DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 08-09-2013, 06:53 PM   #2161
CoxInPHX
COX Communications

Quote:
Originally Posted by LynnL999 View Post
Can anyone in Orange County verify if AMC is airing the correct feed? Tribune shows that we're getting the east coast feed, which I know was correct at the time Mad Men ended.

Someone on AVS claims we're getting the west coast feed now, but I don't sprechen Breaking Bad (there's a marathon) enough to verify whether it's off by 3 hours or not.
According to the Cox OC Listings it is now 1066 AMCPHD (Pacific)
http://ww2.cox.com/myconnection/oran...v-listings.cox

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

CoxInPHX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 07:22 PM   #2162
Johncv

Quote:
Originally Posted by LynnL999 View Post
Can anyone in Orange County verify if AMC is airing the correct feed? Tribune shows that we're getting the east coast feed, which I know was correct at the time Mad Men ended.

Someone on AVS claims we're getting the west coast feed now, but I don't sprechen Breaking Bad (there's a marathon) enough to verify whether it's off by 3 hours or not.
You know that you can use a phone and call Cox and ask THEM about the FEED coming to YOUR area.

HDTiVo
27-inch iMac with i7 quad core processor
Johncv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 07:22 PM   #2163
LynnL999

Quote:
According to the Cox OC Listings it is now 1066 AMCPHD (Pacific)
http://ww2.cox.com/myconnection/oran...v-listings.cox
:: sigh :: It would kill them to tell Tribune, I guess.

Quote:
You know that you can use a phone and call Cox and ask THEM about the FEED coming to YOUR area.
Yeah, if you're lucky enough to get someone on the phone who understands what you're talking about... if not, they'll just read off the lineup chart "it's AMC HD."
LynnL999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 08:25 PM   #2164
ddledgenet

I'm in Vegas and got the Cisco 2 way tuning adapter from COX. Store didn't have them on the date promised. Tech support had no clue and hadn't heard of them. Brought the "fast connect kit" home with the Cisco STA 1520 adapter 2 days later. Put it inline with coax before the tivo. Things worked the same until 2 weeks ago. I then began losing channels. Tech support was useless. A tech came out and instantly identified the problem. No cable to connect from the STA to the USB on the Tivo in addition to the coax cable jumper. Solved the problem. Two days ago, same channels went missing. Again, tech support was clueless and scheduled a tech visit. Just for the heck of it, unpluged the usb cable and reattached. Tivo reloaded the channels and is working fine. Called COX and cancelled service call. IF YOU SUDDENLY LOSE CHANNELS TRY THIS. A lot less time than the Tivo reboot that COX wants you to do with no impact. Not sure how often this is going to happen, but it is COX your "alleged" friend in the digital age.

Last edited by ddledgenet : 08-09-2013 at 08:34 PM.
ddledgenet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 08:32 PM   #2165
nooneuknow
TiVo User Since 2007

Here's a quote of what I posted in the "How do you connect your Tuning Adapter?" thread, in response to a Cox customer having difficulties. There's some difficulties of my own within it:

Quote:
They tend to blink in a pattern. The number, speed, and pauses will correlate to what the issue is. You can get that info from Cisco's website.

I hooked up six, they worked fine for a month, then went into "Service Disconnect (brick) mode". Cox fixed the issue by provisioning the TAs. They shouldn't have even worked for the time they did. The S/N of each TA must be provisioned (associated with your account).

The funny thing is, that the first 13 Cox reps I talked to couldn't figure it out. I even specifically asked if they needed to be provisioned, or authorized, like my cablecards. They either had no answer, or said "NO". The 14th rep had the issue fixed in 15 seconds, as the S/Ns were in their system from being picked up at the store, but they had never been provisioned.

Best bet, if you want any channels until you can get them provisioned, is to disconnect the TA entirely. Once it is in brick mode, it will block everything, and removing it will get you the channels that don't require a TA.

Your mileage may vary. Some markets (regions) might not give you any channels at all, if they require a TA, and you disconnect it. I think the reason they couldn't be auto-provisioned, is because they need to be hooked up and booted, so they can send the magic signals at that point.

Just to be clear, when I say disconnect, I mean remove it entirely, USB, coax, power, and all, like as if it isn't even there.
EDIT/ADD: Yet, they still don't actually download anything but an "empty" channel map, and the SDV Link status is never active. I can disconnect them, and NOT LOSE ANY CHANNELS, but if they are connected, and they go into a blink mode of any sort, I DO LOSE EITHER ALL, OR SEVERAL, CHANNELS. WTF?!?!

The only upside, is that now Cox can read the signal levels and SNR remotely. If it wasn't for that, I'd just take them out and wait and see if any channels EVER disappear without them.

The letter stated I would lose MANY channels if not installed... about a month ago.

Last edited by nooneuknow : 08-09-2013 at 08:38 PM. Reason: additions
nooneuknow is offline   Reply With Quote