TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 07-30-2013, 11:33 PM   #1
miltstevens

TiVo IP not found

I'm using kmttg (on a Mac 10.7) with a Premiere TiVo - until recently successfully.

Now however, kmttg "fails to retrieve" the Now Playing list. I tried connecting thru a web browser with TiVo's IP address and that also failed.

The strange part is the TiVo app on my iPad connects flawlessly. I also used a Bonjour sniffer on my Mac to confirm that TiVo is listed and it is.

The TiVo box is connected via ethernet to the router. Any thoughts on why I can't connect via my desktop computer?
miltstevens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 06:35 AM   #2
ggieseke

Check the IP address on the TiVo itself. Unless you had it set to static it probably picked up a different address from DHCP.

If the address is correct, the built-in webserver might be wedged and a simple reboot should fix that.
ggieseke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 04:31 PM   #3
miltstevens

Thank you for the reply.

I have confirmed that the IP is correct. And a restart of TiVo didn't solve the issue.

Still looking for answers if anyone has any suggestions.

Thanks.
Old 07-31-2013, 04:39 PM   #4
moyekj

Check to see if "ping" gets a response. i.e. From command prompt type:
ping IP
If you don't get a response then that means it's some kind of network issue where your Mac can't talk to your TiVo.
Cox - Motorola CableCards & TAs
Slingbox 350 via TiVo Mini & TiVo Stream for remote viewing

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
moyekj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 04:45 PM   #5
waynomo
My One Time

By recently you mean within the last month? Last 6 months?

For good measure I would reboot everything before doing anything else. Shut everything down. Startup your router first. Give it a minute of so, then boot your other items.

And when I say everything, I mean everything. All PCs, smartphones, game systems, tablets, cable boxes if those go through the router like on FIOS.
waynomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 07:22 PM   #6
miltstevens

Thanks again for the replies. Truly appreciated. No luck yet, however.

I am able to successfully ping the IP address of the TiVo.

I tried the complete restart in the order suggested, but that did not resolve the issue.
Old 07-31-2013, 07:29 PM   #7
moyekj

Next try port 80 of the TiVo by using following url in your browser:
Code:
http://IP/index.html
That should give you the "Congratulations" screen.

If that works then next try port 443 (which is the one that really matters for getting NPL):
Code:
https://IP
Also check "System Information" screen to see if it says TTG=a,a,a since perhaps your tivo account got screwed up and TTG was disabled.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by moyekj : 07-31-2013 at 07:41 PM.
Old 07-31-2013, 11:35 PM   #8
miltstevens

@moyekj: The urls didn't work. But your note about TTG led me to check that and, sure enough, it is listed as "i,i,i."

My Tivo Desktop is running and I checked my device preferences (on the Tivo website) where I do have video downloads enabled. Am I missing something?
Old 08-01-2013, 02:40 AM   #9
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by miltstevens View Post
@moyekj: The urls didn't work. But your note about TTG led me to check that and, sure enough, it is listed as "i,i,i."

My Tivo Desktop is running and I checked my device preferences (on the Tivo website) where I do have video downloads enabled. Am I missing something?
i,i,i means TTG is disabled. You should probably go through the motions of disabling it on website then making a connection with your TiVo, then enable it again on website and connect with TiVo. Until you get a,a,a TTG won't work. You may have to call TiVo to get it sorted out since it could be an account issue.

Old 08-08-2013, 09:34 PM   #10
miltstevens

The issue seems to be an update that has failed to install. I've contacted TiVo and we are working to resolve.

Thanks to all who commented.