TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 07-30-2013, 10:11 PM   #5491
wmcbrine
Resistance Useless

Maybe not a coincidence. I had a similar report of the IR remote mode being reset to zero from someone who used my network remote to enter, I think, the system information screen. To which I could only advise, "Don't do that." It's a TiVo bug, not something the network remote does.

No idea about the deleted folder though.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
wmcbrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 10:17 PM   #5492
mattack

OK, maybe I misspoke.. I have no idea how kmttg could do that though!
mattack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 10:38 PM   #5493
lpwcomp

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattack View Post
OK, maybe I misspoke.. I have no idea how kmttg could do that though!
When you are on the system information screen, the remote code will get set to whatever it "sees". I just used the remote in the TiVo app to navigate to the "System Information" screen and, as I suspected, the remote code got changed to 0, so it would appear that a network remote has remote code of 0, which makes sense. I immediately exited from the remote app and used the physical remote to set it back to the correct value.

"Jessica Fletcher visits Midsomer. Carnage ensues!"
lpwcomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 12:03 AM   #5494
scandia101
Just the facts ma'am

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmcbrine View Post
Maybe not a coincidence. I had a similar report of the IR remote mode being reset to zero from someone who used my network remote to enter, I think, the system information screen. To which I could only advise, "Don't do that." It's a TiVo bug, not something the network remote does.

No idea about the deleted folder though.
Thanks. It's not likely to happen again.
Old 08-01-2013, 08:57 PM   #5495
lpwcomp

I have an RFE: The ability to create an Auto Transfer entry from a ToDo list entry.

Old 08-02-2013, 09:39 AM   #5496
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by lpwcomp View Post
I have an RFE: The ability to create an Auto Transfer entry from a ToDo list entry.
For next release "Auto Transfers->Add selected titles" now works for Remote tables with show titles in addition to NPL tables.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

moyekj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 09:57 AM   #5497
lpwcomp

Quote:
Originally Posted by moyekj View Post
For next release "Auto Transfers->Add selected titles" now works for Remote tables with show titles in addition to NPL tables.
My thanks for the quick response.

Edit: Works great!

Last edited by lpwcomp : 08-02-2013 at 08:29 PM.
Old 08-03-2013, 12:31 AM   #5498
Hyrax

I just thought I'd thank you for KMTTG. It is a wonderful program and a joy to use.

Thanks!
Hyrax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 06:23 PM   #5499
murgatroyd
Don't stop believin'

I have a new computer (Win8), so I'm starting over with a fresh new install of kmttg.

I'm not sure I grok how the FILES mode is supposed to work.

Let's assume I have some TiVo recordings which I've transferred by other means (e.g. TiVo Desktop). Would I point the FILES directory in the kmttg configuration to the My TiVo Recordings folder, in order to make those visible?

From the FILES tab, would I schedule a job from there, to have either tivodecode or VideoReDo decrypt the already-transferred file?

Sorry to post such a stupid question, but my old computer has been down for so long, I've forgotten most of what I had learned from before.

For Win8, where's the most logical place to put a My TiVo Recordings folder? IIRC under WinXP it was a separate folder on the same level as My Videos (not a subfolder under videos).
Old 08-03-2013, 06:29 PM   #5500
ThAbtO
TiVoholic by the bay

Quote:
Originally Posted by murgatroyd View Post
I have a new computer (Win8), so I'm starting over with a fresh new install of kmttg.

I'm not sure I grok how the FILES mode is supposed to work.

Let's assume I have some TiVo recordings which I've transferred by other means (e.g. TiVo Desktop). Would I point the FILES directory in the kmttg configuration to the My TiVo Recordings folder, in order to make those visible?

From the FILES tab, would I schedule a job from there, to have either tivodecode or VideoReDo decrypt the already-transferred file?

Sorry to post such a stupid question, but my old computer has been down for so long, I've forgotten most of what I had learned from before.
Under the Files tab, click on ADD and it will open a dialog window to navigate to where your videos are located. The options are ALL, Video, etc. You can then select which files to add to the Files tab, Holding CTRL and clicking will let you select multiple files, also you can also press CTRL-A to select all the files in that folder.

~~~~~

The TiVo Apocalypse begins on Sat 2013 Feb 16 00:00 GMT!
ThAbtO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 08:04 PM   #5501
moyekj

Question for anyone with series 3 tivos using kmttg.
Are you able to schedule Season Passes and/or individual recordings with kmttg remote anymore? It's something that used to work but I just plugged in my S3 OLED unit to try it because of a recent reported problem and can't seem to get it to work anymore. If indeed it does no longer work then I will grey out the appropriate Remote buttons for next release.

Old 08-03-2013, 08:09 PM   #5502
ThAbtO
TiVoholic by the bay

Quote:
Are you able to schedule Season Passes and/or individual recordings with kmttg remote anymore? It's something that used to work but I just plugged in my S3 OLED unit to try it because of a recent reported problem and can't seem to get it to work anymore. If indeed it does no longer work then I will grey out the appropriate Remote buttons for next release.
I had tried it to schedule a recording for late night record, but it seemed to pick up the wrong time and get the next show of the same name instead, and only got partial also.

~~~~~

Old 08-03-2013, 08:16 PM   #5503
moyekj

I was more referring to errors even attempting to schedule, i.e. following response:
"RPC error response: middlemindError"

I'm getting above error for "SP" & "Record" buttons for various Remote tables and Season Passes "Copy" button but oddly not for Season Passes "Modify" button.

Old 08-03-2013, 11:13 PM   #5504
lpwcomp

Quote:
I was more referring to errors even attempting to schedule, i.e. following response:

I'm getting above error for "SP" & "Record" buttons for various Remote tables and Season Passes "Copy" button but oddly not for Season Passes "Modify" button.
I never tried it so don't if it ever worked for me, but it definitely doesn't work now.

RPC error response: middlemindError
Failed to schedule/modify recording for: 'Kind Hearts and Coronets'

Old 08-04-2013, 12:12 AM   #5505
moyekj

OK thanks for confirming. I've disabled the relevant Remote buttons for series 3 units in next release.
It definitely used to work so something must have changed with middlemind.tivo.com.

Old 08-04-2013, 12:18 PM   #5506
murgatroyd
Don't stop believin'

Quote:
I seem to have discovered a different problem.

Just installed v1p0c on my new computer. I have a TiVoHD. (I had never tried to use any of the features on kmttg's remote tab before, because I thought you needed a Premiere for those to work. So I can't say whether anything was working in the previous installations.)

I enabled the Network remote functions. I can use the graphic remote (clicking the TiVo button, the select button, etc.) -- the TiVo HD shows up in the drop-down selector, and it all seems to work.

However, on all the other tabs, the drop-down selector is empty, and clicking the REFRESH button results in the error "Cannot determine IP for TiVo named: null".

(I discovered all this after having a problem with my physical remote skipping, and saying "yes" to 'permanently delete' when I meant to choose 'no'. )
Old 08-04-2013, 12:28 PM   #5507
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by murgatroyd View Post
I seem to have discovered a different problem.

Just installed v1p0c on my new computer. I have a TiVoHD. (I had never tried to use any of the features on kmttg's remote tab before, because I thought you needed a Premiere for those to work. So I can't say whether anything was working in the previous installations.)

I enabled the Network remote functions. I can use the graphic remote (clicking the TiVo button, the select button, etc.) -- the TiVo HD shows up in the drop-down selector, and it all seems to work.

However, on all the other tabs, the drop-down selector is empty, and clicking the REFRESH button results in the error "Cannot determine IP for TiVo named: null".

(I discovered all this after having a problem with my physical remote skipping, and saying "yes" to 'permanently delete' when I meant to choose 'no'. )
To use the other Remote tabs with series 3 units you have to provide your tivo.com login information under Configuration->Tivos tab (and may have to re-start kmttg after doing so).

Old 08-04-2013, 12:36 PM   #5508
murgatroyd
Don't stop believin'

Quote:
To use the other Remote tabs with series 3 units you have to provide your tivo.com login information under Configuration->Tivos tab (and may have to re-start kmttg after doing so).
Oh, right. I haven't finished that part of the configuration yet.

Thanks for the reminder.

Edited to add: I also get:

Last edited by murgatroyd : 08-04-2013 at 12:56 PM.
murgatroyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 04:58 PM   #5509
theeric

VideoRedo Vs. ticodecode?

Quote:
It works in SOME cases. But for me most often fails or even if it doesn't fail when I play back resulting .mpg it has improperly decrypted segments that pixelate. So in general I would say it DOES NOT work. I do use TS downloads but I'm using VideoRedo for decrypt/qsfix.
Maybe I missed the discussion but what advantages do you get when using VideoRedo over tivodecode?

Thanks
theeric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 05:01 PM   #5510
IPbUnSJ5njOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by theeric View Post
Maybe I missed the discussion but what advantages do you get when using VideoRedo over tivodecode?

Thanks
It's still being developed and hence actually works better to keep things in sync...

BUT

It doesn't work on Mac.
It costs A LOT compared to free tivodecode.

I need to research if we can just use latest ffmpeg to cut commercials AND qsfix. Seems it has to have that functionality in there somewhere...
IPbUnSJ5njOL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 05:17 PM   #5511
theeric

VideoRedo Vs. ticodecode?

Quote:
Originally Posted by IPbUnSJ5njOL View Post
It's still being developed and hence actually works better to keep things in sync...

BUT

It doesn't work on Mac.
It costs A LOT compared to free tivodecode.

I need to research if we can just use latest ffmpeg to cut commercials AND qsfix. Seems it has to have that functionality in there somewhere...
So far sync hasn't been an issue but I've only been using it for a few days.
One problem I'm having is glitches in the MPEG file during commercial breaks.
Specifically on TNT HD and Bravo HD when doing local insertion there is a glitch in the MPEG that causes my third party transcoder to fail. I haven't tried turning on Ad detect/Ad Cut to see if that will remove the glitch point(s). I should try that.

Thanks

Last edited by theeric : 08-06-2013 at 05:18 PM. Reason: I forgot to mention this is on FIOS in NYC. In case anyone cares.
theeric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 05:31 PM   #5512
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by theeric View Post

Thanks
VideoRedo (with TiVoDirectShowFilter installed) can properly decrypt TS .TiVo files (including H.264). Plus with VideoRedo you get better QS Fix than ProjectX that also preserves captions, and you get a better visual editor for reviewing commercial cut points than the comskip editor.

Old 08-08-2013, 05:22 AM   #5513
Hi8
TiVoPro - wanabe!

Just Trying for the 1st Time .. (remove commercials)

I've being using kmttg for a couple of weeks now and really like it.

I've set it up with the VideoReDo support. All seemed to go well during the configuration, and running the first show through the process... except after the adscan step... it begins and seems to mark 2 commericals - then seems to just get stuck, and continues to run?

see attached screenshots.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg vrdreview.jpg (103.0 KB, 24 views)
File Type: jpg vrdreview2.jpg (51.1 KB, 12 views)

(3) TiVo THX HD S3
(1) Roamio - Basic 3TB
(1) PremiereXL4 & (1) TiVo Mini
Hi8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 10:04 AM   #5514
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hi8 View Post
I've being using kmttg for a couple of weeks now and really like it.

I've set it up with the VideoReDo support. All seemed to go well during the configuration, and running the first show through the process... except after the adscan step... it begins and seems to mark 2 commericals - then seems to just get stuck, and continues to run?

see attached screenshots.
That's as designed. Read the tooltip that comes up when you mouse over the "Use VideoRedo GUI to review detected commercials" option. With that option enabled kmttg starts VRD GUI showing the commercials that were detected and giving you a chance to review/correct them. Once satisfied in VRD choose File->Save Project and then exit VRD and then kmttg will proceed with subsequent tasks for that title.

Old 08-08-2013, 11:59 AM   #5515
Hi8
TiVoPro - wanabe!

Quote:
That's as designed. Read the tooltip that comes up when you mouse over the "Use VideoRedo GUI to review detected commercials" option. With that option enabled kmttg starts VRD GUI showing the commercials that were detected and giving you a chance to review/correct them. Once satisfied in VRD choose File->Save Project and then exit VRD and then kmttg will proceed with subsequent tasks for that title.
I couldn't find that setting?? When I set things up in the GUI all I found was (see screenshot)

and I had that selected.. I'm running ver 4.21.2.662

NEVERMIND.. I thought it was the GUI in VRD not GUI in kmttg ...

found it... So Sorry! thanks for your patience.
Attached Images
File Type: png ads_auto.PNG (70.6 KB, 15 views)

(3) TiVo THX HD S3
(1) Roamio - Basic 3TB
(1) PremiereXL4 & (1) TiVo Mini

Last edited by Hi8 : 08-08-2013 at 12:07 PM.
Hi8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 11:15 AM   #5516
moyekj

v10pd version released

v1p0d version is now released containing mostly user-requested enhancements and some changes and fixes.
If using v1p0b version or later remember you can update to latest version automatically from the Help menu.

Consult release_notes for details.

Old 08-10-2013, 09:29 PM   #5517
Hyrax

Can I use KMTTG with a deactivated Tivo?
Old 08-10-2013, 09:55 PM   #5518
ThAbtO
TiVoholic by the bay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyrax View Post
No. 99% of Tivo functions are disabled with a Tivo that is unsubscribed. Only viewing Live TV and recordings would work.

~~~~~

Old 08-10-2013, 09:57 PM   #5519
wmcbrine
Resistance Useless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyrax View Post
No.

wmcbrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 10:45 PM   #5520
Hyrax

Thanks for the quick response. As I suspected. My brother bought a used replacement Tivo via eBay instead of repairing a misbehaving Tivo, and now wants me to get some of his old recording off the deactivated Tivo. I've got to decide if I want to spend $12.95 on activation for about 30 GB of recordings. I'm going to call Tivo on Monday and see if they will have pity on me and let me activate it for a few hours.