TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 07-01-2012, 05:21 PM   #271
BHNtechXpert

Quote:
Originally Posted by windracer View Post
Really? Do you have a link for that? All I can every find is the basic channel lineups. I've never been able to find an actual list of which channels are SDV and require a TA.
One of these days reply notifications will work properly here...sorry for the delay. I'll dig it up tomorrow and get it over to you.
BHNtechXpert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 02:14 PM   #272
Duke

Thumbs up SDV Channel Listing

Quote:
Originally Posted by BHNtechXpert View Post
One of these days reply notifications will work properly here...sorry for the delay. I'll dig it up tomorrow and get it over to you.
Thanks, BHNtechXpert. If there is such a list, it is not readily apparent as to how to access it on the BH website.

It would be great if you can add some type of SDV indicator to the on-line channel listings, and downloadable channel guide pdfs.

Thanks!
Old 07-02-2012, 02:28 PM   #273
BHNtechXpert

After checking things a specific SDV channel list is unavailable online at the moment. You are free to call in an check the channels you enjoy the most or simply provide me with the channels in question and I can verify one way or the other for you.
Old 07-02-2012, 11:13 PM   #274
Duke

Wink SDV Channels for BHN - Tampa Bay Area

Here's the list I just received from Customer Care -
"At this time, we do not have an online listing for the Switched Digital channels. I have provided a list below of the channels that have been transitioned to the new format":

@Max East
@Max East HD
5StarMax East
5StarMax East HD
ActionMax East
ActionMax East HD
ActionMax West
America's Auction Network
Antenna Satellite
Arabic Radio and Television
Bio HD
BBC America
BBC America HD
BET HD
BHN 3D 1
BHN Sports Network HD
BHN Travel Weather Now
Bloomberg HD
BTN
BTN HD
BTN Extra 1
BTN HD Extra 1
BTN Extra 2
BTN HD Extra 2
Canal 24 Horas
Caracol TV Internacional
Cartoon HD
CBS College Sports
CBS College Sports HD
Central Florida News 13 HD
Centric
Channel One Russia
Cine Latino
Cine Mexicano
Cinemax - All Channels
CMT HD
CNBC HD
CNBC World
CNN en Español
Cooking HD
Crime and Investigation
Crime and Investigation HD
Current TV
Daystar
Deutsche Welle
Discovery en Español
Discovery Familia
Discovery Fit & Health
Disney Channel HD
Disney XD HD
DIY HD
E! HD
Ecuavisa
Encore - All Channels
Erotic Networks PPV
ESPN 3D HD
ESPN Buzzer Beater HD
ESPN Classic
ESPN Deportes
ESPN Deportes HD
ESPN Full Court
ESPN GamePlan
ESPN Goal Line HD
ESPN News
ESPN News HD
ESPN U
ESPN U HD
ETTV - ET-Super
EWTN Español
FearNet
FearNet HD
The Filipino Channel
FLIX West
FOX Business Network HD
FOX College Sports Atlantic
FOX College Sports Central
FOX College Sports Pacific
FOX Deportes
FOX Deportes HD
FOX Movie Channel
FOX Soccer Channel
FOX Soccer HD
FOX Soccer Plus
FOX Soccer Plus HD
FOX Sports Detroit
FOX Sports Detroit HD
FOX Sports Wisconsin
FOX Sports Wisconsin HD
Fresh!
FUEL TV
G4 HD
GAC
Galavision HD
Game HD 1-9
Gators PPV
GMC HD
GSN HD
GEMS TV
GMA Life
GMA Pinoy
GOLTV
GOLTV HD
Gospel Music Channel
H2 HD
Hallmark Movie Channel
Hallmark HD
HBO2 East HD
HBO Comedy East HD
HBO Family East HD
HBO Latino East HD
HBO Latino West
HBO Signature East HD
HBO Zone East HD
HD PPV Events
HD PPV Events 2
Headline News HD
Here!
History en Español
Hub
Hub HD
IFC
IFC HD
In Demand Movies & Events
IndiePlex
IndiePlex HD
InfoMas
InfoMas HD
Investigation Discover HD
Jewish Life TV
KBS World
LaTele Novela Network
Lifetime HD
Lifetime Real Women
Liquidation
MavTV HD
MGM HD
Military History
MLB Network HD
MLB Extra Innings
MLS Direct Kick
MoreMax East
MoreMax East HD
MoreMAX West
MSNBC HD
Mun2
Nascar 3D
National Geographic Channel HD
NBA League Pass
NBA TV
NBA TV HD
New England Sports Network
NHL Center Ice
NHL Network HD
NY1 HD
Once TV Mexico
Outdoor Channel
Outdoor Channel HD
OuterMAX East
Ovation TV
Ovation TV HD
OWN HD
Oxygen HD
Palladia HD
Pentagon Channel
Penthouse PPV
PFC Internacional
Planet Green
Planet Green HD
Playboy PPV
Playboy en Español
Prime Ticket HD
RAI ITALIA
Reelz HD
RetroPlex
RetroPlex HD
RTPI
RTN Premium
Saigon Broadcasting TV Network
Seminoles PPV
SET Asia
SexSee
Showtime - All Channels
Skin TV
Sorpresa
Smithsonian HD
Speed HD
Sportsman Channel
Sportsman Channel HD
SportsSouth HD
Starz - All Channels
Style HD
SUR
Team HD 1-9
TEN
TENReal
Tennis Channel
Tennis Channel HD
The Movie Channel East
The Movie Channel East HD
The Movie Channel Xtra East
The Movie Channel West
The Movie Channel Xtra West
ThrillerMAX East
ThrillerMAX East HD
ThrillerMAX West
TruTV HD
Tr3s
Turner Classic HD
TV Asia
TV Columbia
TV Dominicana
TV Guide Network
TV Guide Network HD
TV Korea
TV Japan
TV Venezuela
TV5Monde
TV One HD
TVE Internacional
Utilisima
Vavoom PPV
VH1 Classic
VH1 HD
VS HD
WE HD
WFN
WFN HD
WMax East
WMax HD East
Word Network
YES Network
YES Network HD
YouToo
ZEE TV
Old 07-03-2012, 06:51 AM   #275
windracer
joined the 10k club

Thanks, Duke!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
windracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 06:08 PM   #276
megory
Advanced TiVoOligan

Trouble with sound and other problems

For the past month or so, the sound cuts out frequently. Anyone else have this problem? I'm wondering if it is a TiVo problem or a BHN problem.

Also, how do you all feel about the changes on NBC. I'm not happy with the local stuff from 7-7:30 and the various rescheduling for local, might I say, garbage. I think the other stations are doing this too.

Thanks yall. Glad the campaigns are over, and thrilled with FF over ads on my TiVo. Keep warm
Old 11-07-2012, 06:37 PM   #277
cannonz

Quote:
Originally Posted by megory View Post
For the past month or so, the sound cuts out frequently. Anyone else have this problem? I'm wondering if it is a TiVo problem or a BHN problem.

Also, how do you all feel about the changes on NBC. I'm not happy with the local stuff from 7-7:30 and the various rescheduling for local, might I say, garbage. I think the other stations are doing this too.

Thanks yall. Glad the campaigns are over, and thrilled with FF over ads on my TiVo. Keep warm
I've had that happening recently on my cable company DVR and tivos, one time was no audio (their DVR) for long time switched to other tuner had sound came back to first tuner sound was back, rewound and the audio was there there that wasn't before. Haven't had since a new drop don't know if that has anything to do with it or was some problem with the system.
cannonz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 06:41 PM   #278
windracer
joined the 10k club

No audio issues here that I'm aware of.

Quote:
I had to look in my Guide to see what you were referring to ... the local news at 7pm? I hadn't even realized they had done this (I don't really watch news on TV).

|
Old 11-07-2012, 06:53 PM   #279
megory
Advanced TiVoOligan

The cutting out that I notice is like a cellphone when it has a bad signal--the sound misses a beat every few seconds. I don't think it's all the time but enough that I wonder whazzup.

WR, they've added what is junk to me. Stuff that I don't want to see. There were times I'd watch some of the entertainment shows (Mario Lopez (forget the name of the show) and Inside Edition, but now, those shows are on the next day, during the day and something else is on at 7. I don't care enough to TiVo them, but sometimes they are pleasant brainless entertainment.

Tonight I was irked because NBC was adding a half hour to the news tonight, but our Local Affiliate didn't show it because they have a local show. Oh well. I just watch cable more and more because the locals interfere too much.
Old 11-07-2012, 07:08 PM   #280
cannonz

Quote:
The cutting out that I notice is like a cellphone when it has a bad signal--the sound misses a beat every few seconds. I don't think it's all the time but enough that I wonder whazzup.

That's what mine was doing except for that one time stayed out, have a new TV in bedroom was afraid it was it till it happened on another TV. Like I said has not done it since the new drop might have been weak signal I had causing it I don't know.
Old 11-08-2012, 05:13 AM   #281
megory
Advanced TiVoOligan

Happened a lot yesterday. As I watch Ch 8 this a.m., it isn't cutting out. Sporadic. And yesterday, on one of my recordings, cutting out, freezing up, and pixelating.
I'm in South Pinellas. You?
Old 11-08-2012, 07:44 AM   #282
cannonz

Quote:
Happened a lot yesterday. As I watch Ch 8 this a.m., it isn't cutting out. Sporadic. And yesterday, on one of my recordings, cutting out, freezing up, and pixelating.
Orlando, now that your getting pixelating probably do have weak signal, should call cable company.
Old 11-14-2012, 09:14 AM   #283
cannonz

Quote:
Did you get it figured out? Mine had to be weak signal hasn't happened once since new drop.
Old 12-21-2012, 10:14 AM   #284
megory
Advanced TiVoOligan

Hi Y'all. I have a few questions and updates:
1. My TV continues to sputter unpredictably.
2. I just read that Bright House is dropping Channel 8 / NBC on January 1. Is that true and what do we do? Are we to be limited to HD? (I don't use HD because it limits my recordings. Some day I'll have Weaknees massively increase my HD)
3. I've been considering getting a TA. Can I go to the BH office and pick it up? I presume I can easily install it myself.

Anything else happening here? I just wish we had an option besides BHN
Old 12-26-2012, 12:01 PM   #285
windracer
joined the 10k club

Quote:
2. I just read that Bright House is dropping Channel 8 / NBC on January 1. Is that true and what do we do? Are we to be limited to HD? (I don't use HD because it limits my recordings.
I hadn't heard this, do you have a link? Do you mean just the SD channel, or NBC altogether (which would be strange)? You can still record 1008 (NBC HD) without a TA and it's not a copy-protected channel since it's a local station, so that won't cripple your ability to TTG/MRV (except to non-HD TiVos).

|
Old 12-26-2012, 12:09 PM   #286
megory
Advanced TiVoOligan

Thanks WR. I followed it more and I do have the HD channel but the ribbon on Ch8 and . . . 607 (?) say it's coming to an end on those channels. I like to record analog so I can get more on my TiVo.

I'm thinking of getting a TA because we're just using 1 TV these days, so don't need multi-room viewing/sharing.

Merrie Holidaze!!
Old 12-26-2012, 09:07 PM   #287
windracer
joined the 10k club

I haven't seen any notice of the analogs going away, but I don't watch the analog channels.

I believe Brighthouse permits self-installs, so you should be able to pick up a TA and do it yourself. It's pretty easy: power supply brick, coax connection, and a USB cable to the TiVo. I suggest using a splitter to run coax from the wall to the TA and the TiVo separately as the TA's internal splitter is terrible (and can interfere with MoCA, if you're using that). If you're lucky, Brighthouse should authorize the TA before you take it home so it should be plug-and-play without needing a phone call. Good luck!

|
Old 02-12-2013, 10:16 AM   #288
windracer
joined the 10k club

I know this really isn't the thread for this, but I know it has a lot of BHN customers subscribed to it.

Just noticed this on my current bill:

Quote:
Effective March 2013, a monthly charge of $3.50 will be applied to your bill for lease of the Internet or Phone modem. If you choose to purchase your own modem, please go to brighthouse.com/ModemOptions for a list of compatible equipment.
I've been a RoadRunner customer for almost 12 years and now they are starting to charge for the modem?

|
Old 02-21-2013, 10:30 AM   #289
igirl
Tivo and EyeTV User

We only just moved here and signed up with BHN, but bought our own modem years ago when another provider in another state tried charging monthly fees. Taking their money away is the only way to protest. :-/
Old 02-21-2013, 10:33 AM   #290
igirl
Tivo and EyeTV User

I came to this thread looking to complain about © channels on BHN in the Tampa Bay area. Everything from USA, TNT and TCM (probably others too) is locked down and cannot be transferred to computer. Very disappointed. Our previous provider didn't do this.
Old 02-21-2013, 12:06 PM   #291
windracer
joined the 10k club

Quote:
Originally Posted by igirl View Post
We only just moved here and signed up with BHN, but bought our own modem years ago when another provider in another state tried charging monthly fees. Taking their money away is the only way to protest. :-/
I did end up purchasing a Motorola SB6141 from Amazon and installing it myself over the weekend (which also allowed me up upgrade to the 30mpbs service). Turned in the old modem to a local office yesterday so I shouldn't see the monthly charge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by igirl View Post
I came to this thread looking to complain about © channels on BHN in the Tampa Bay area. Everything from USA, TNT and TCM (probably others too) is locked down and cannot be transferred to computer. Very disappointed. Our previous provider didn't do this.
Yep, BHN copy flags everything except the locals. You can still stream those channels if you have two TiVo Premieres (or the TiVo Stream) but no transfers or PC downloads.

|
Old 02-21-2013, 06:51 PM   #292
igirl
Tivo and EyeTV User

Quote:
Yep, BHN copy flags everything except the locals. You can still stream those channels if you have two TiVo Premieres (or the TiVo Stream) but no transfers or PC downloads.
We have the option of Comcast here - wonder if they do the same thing? I didn't originally like them because of convoluted pricing structures and "contracts". We don't often need to transfer shows - but having that option is nice.

Wonder if my EyeTV software will record them from BHN instead? I'll have to set it up and test. It can export to iTunes as M4V to watch on AppleTV and iOS devices - - I can also read the files natively on our WDTV Live box. Just for those few we want on HDD.
Old 07-26-2013, 04:53 AM   #293
megory
Advanced TiVoOligan

Hey my friends, my TiVo space is disappearing. I posted about it here http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb...87#post9746487
If you have any similar experiences or suggestions, please post them there. Thanks so much.
Megory,
South Pinellas BHN
Old 08-07-2013, 07:22 PM   #294
windracer
joined the 10k club

Anyone having issues with BBC America HD (ch 1278 North Pinellas lineup)? I haven't been able to get it (or the SD version, ch 75) to tune in on my TiVo with TA for the past few days. Other SDV channels (like 1280, 1282, etc.) seem fine.

edit: nevermind ... the one thing I didn't think to try originally, resetting the tuning adapter, seems to have fixed this.

|

Last edited by windracer : 08-07-2013 at 08:29 PM.
Old 08-08-2013, 03:23 AM   #295
igirl
Tivo and EyeTV User

The TA Brighthouse uses is a major PI-TA. The things act up if the wind blows outside not to mention all the short power outages we get.
Old 08-08-2013, 07:25 AM   #296
windracer
joined the 10k club

I have my TA (and TiVo, of course) connected to a UPS for just that reason. It just seemed weird that I could tune in other SDV channels but not BBCA. Oh well.

|
Old 08-13-2013, 07:15 PM   #297
megory
Advanced TiVoOligan

Does anyone here know of anything significant that BHN did on July 16-17? Like make everything it transmits HD? Did they do away with analog?
M

relative to this thread: http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb...87#post9746487
Old 10-31-2013, 09:26 PM   #298
windracer
joined the 10k club

TiVo "Tuner Pack" from BHN

While awaiting delivery of my new Roamio Pro I decided to get another tuning adapter from Brighthouse. I called support and asked if a truck roll was needed or if I could just pick one up at the local office and was told I could certainly just go pick one up.

After waiting in line I told the rep at the desk I wanted to pick up another tuning adapter (I never mentioned TiVo). What she gave me was a "TiVo Tuner Pack": a box that contained a brand new Cisco 1520 TA and Cisco CableCARD (although it was an older PKM802 and not the newer PKM803).

I had no issues setting up the TA myself and getting it activated and working (using my TiVo Premiere). I wish I had realized there was a CableCARD, though, because I didn't need it since the Roamio is replacing an older box I won't be using anymore. So I'll need to take the card back to get it off of my monthly bill (although I'll probably keep the card since it's newer than the SciAtl PKM800 I currently have so I'll probably have better luck with 6 tuners and the newer card).

Still, I was pleasantly surprised with the whole process. They've come a long way from the early days when I was trying to get two S-Cards for my OLED S3. Now if they would just stop copy-protecting everything so I could actually use that out-of-home streaming feature of the Roamio!

|
Old 10-31-2013, 09:28 PM   #299
BHNtechXpert

Quote:
While awaiting delivery of my new Roamio Pro I decided to get another tuning adapter from Brighthouse. I called support and asked if a truck roll was needed or if I could just pick one up at the local office and was told I could certainly just go pick one up.

After waiting in line I told the rep at the desk I wanted to pick up another tuning adapter (I never mentioned TiVo). What she gave me was a "TiVo Tuner Pack" that consisted of a brand new TA and CableCARD.

I had no issues setting up the TA myself and getting it activated and working (using my TiVo Premiere). I wish I had realized there was a CableCARD, though, because I didn't need it since the Roamio is replacing an older box I won't be using anymore. So I'll need to take the card back to get it off of my monthly bill.

Still, I was pleasantly surprised with the whole process. They've come a long way from the early days when I was trying to get two S-Cards for my OLED S3. Now if they would just stop copy-protecting everything so I could actually use that out-of-home streaming feature of the Roamio!
Oops sorry about that...but I will take credit for all the rest except for the last one
Old 11-01-2013, 06:01 AM   #300
sbiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by BHNtechXpert View Post
Oops sorry about that...but I will take credit for all the rest except for the last one
That's very cool. Kudos Gary.

Regarding the copy-control flags, is there anything that can be done about it or is it related to the TV Everywhere content agreements that BHN has negotiated with the networks?

I'm willing to start a lobbying campaign to get this changed! :-)
sbiller is online now   Reply With Quote