TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 07-22-2013, 07:25 PM   #511
SoBelle0
What's next?

They do. Two a day, I think.

I had borrowed DVDs, and only made it through S1E10. I think I just didn't have time to finish them. I still have them in iTunes format, and was going to put them on my phone for the treadmill. Saw an ad yesterday and set up a SP and today started S1E11 "Silence of the Lamb." How perfect is that!?
SoBelle0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 02:23 PM   #512
dswallow
Save the Moderatоr

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreadPirateRob View Post
Yeah, I'm not going to pay nearly $70 to watch each season online. That's insanity.
$44.99 for each season in HD; you certainly don't want to pay the per-episode price.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
dswallow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 03:36 PM   #513
DreadPirateRob
Seriously?

Checked the Soap Network runnings, but they're not in HD.
Old 07-24-2013, 07:24 AM   #514
StacieH
betativowho??

The VM panel from Comic Con is on You Tube. I don't know if it's the one that Rob Thomas was promising, though. I think it runs about 37 minutes.
StacieH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 07:38 AM   #515
cmontyburns
Excellent.

Definitely not the "official" video.
cmontyburns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 08:28 AM   #516
StacieH
betativowho??

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmontyburns View Post
Definitely not the "official" video.
I figured. It looked pretty amateurish. The content should be pretty much the same. RT will probably add some behind the scenes footage before/after.

I found a 2006 VM panel on You Tube as well. It's pretty badly shot and edited, but there was one funny part:

Spoiler:
An attendee got up to the mike and explained that he lived in her former apartment, where a package had been delivered to her. He held onto it and brought it with him to the panel. It was from her agent, who...as KB explained, "obviously doesn't know I moved two years ago!"

Old 07-24-2013, 07:35 PM   #517
ewolfr

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment...,2661738.story

Quote:
Veronica Mars is closer to staging her comeback.

The movie spinoff of the teen television drama — which recently made waves in Hollywood after creator Rob Thomas launched the biggest film fundraising campaign in Kickstarter history — wrapped production in downtown Los Angeles early Tuesday.

ewolfr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 10:16 PM   #518
cmontyburns
Excellent.

KB is on Leno tonight. She's there promoting a movie to be released and not VM, but it's hard to see Leno not asking her about VM. (Although he's usually a lousy interviewer, so maybe it's easy to see.)
Old 07-29-2013, 11:32 PM   #519
cmontyburns
Excellent.

Only a very brief mention of VM at the end of the segment.

It was a pretty amusing interview. Not because KB was all that funny -- however, she is usually a charmer in interviews, and was the same this time -- but because she went on and on about a loud bird that has been keeping her up at night, and Leno had absolutely no idea how to move her on to something else.
Old 07-30-2013, 06:04 AM   #520
Robin
w/ extra mean sauce

What's the new movie?
Old 07-30-2013, 06:47 AM   #521
danterner
Not it!

To Kill A Mockingbird

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
| Facebook:
| XBOX LIVE gamertag:
| Twitter:
| Goozex:
danterner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 07:15 AM   #522
LoadStar
LOAD"*",8,1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin View Post
What's the new movie?
I didn't see the interview, but her next film to be released is "The Lifeguard," opening August 30.
LoadStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 08:00 AM   #523
cmontyburns
Excellent.

It's also available on iTunes now.
Old 08-01-2013, 08:00 PM   #524
Robin
w/ extra mean sauce

Shirts are rolling out: https://twitter.com/amanda_noret/sta...300416/photo/1
Robin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 08:25 PM   #525
dswallow
Save the Moderatоr

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin View Post
"crew" is on that one.

dswallow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 08:33 PM   #526
cmontyburns
Excellent.

What? She's cast, not crew!
Old 08-02-2013, 05:52 AM   #527
Robin
w/ extra mean sauce

Ahh, I totally missed that! Whoever does the movie's FB page should have noted that. They now have scores of people asking where there shirts are.
Old 08-02-2013, 10:19 AM   #528
mwhip
All better

Watched the episode last night where Mac learns she was switched at birth. I forgot how emotional this episode was plus bonus Aaron Paul!!!

Gamertag - mwhip
mwhip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 10:35 PM   #529
cmontyburns
Excellent.

I've owned S1 for years and watched it this spring during the Kickstarter mania. But I never had S2 or S3 and haven't seen either since they first aired. I finally picked up a copy of S2 on eBay (brand new, $18) and am tearing into it. Just finish E6, "Rat Saw God".

I had forgotten how dense this season is! Lots happening in each episode, not all of it with success. But I'm enjoying revisiting it almost as much as I did rewatching S1, which I hadn't seen for a few years. I had forgotten who caused the bus crash, but was reminded of it in some article or other after the Kickstarter. So that's a bummer, but it'll be fun putting the puzzle together again.
Old 08-06-2013, 07:47 AM   #530
TriBruin

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by mwhip View Post
Watched the episode last night where Mac learns she was switched at birth. I forgot how emotional this episode was plus bonus Aaron Paul!!!
Wow! I watched the exact same episode last night

I am enjoying going back to S1 (and S2 & S3) and watching everything come back together. I had forgotten so many things about this show that it is fun watching it again.
TriBruin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 08:54 AM   #531
gilmoregirls102
Oregonian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwhip View Post
That episode gives me chills. Especially at the end, with that song, "Put yourself, put yourself in my place" with the creepy chanting...and the last thing she says (voice over, talking to Clarence Weidman), "Game on".

Woah.
gilmoregirls102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 11:37 PM   #532
cmontyburns
Excellent.

The Comic Con footage is on the backers website now.
Old 08-12-2013, 06:14 PM   #533
cmontyburns
Excellent.

iTunes has the season 1 pilot (episode 1, the way it was aired on the network) for free this week. Also it looks like full seasons have been discounted (S1 is $24.99 HD and $19.99 SD; S2 and S3 are $24.99 SD and $29.99 HD).

I may have to get season 3. I've had the DVDs for S1 since back in the day, but I hadn't seen S2 or S3 since they first aired. I recently picked up a new copy of S2 from eBay for about $18, and having finished that I was looking for S3 at around the same price. But no dice -- it's in the $30's even on eBay. If I pay that price I might as well get it from iTunes, and it would be in HD.
Old 08-12-2013, 07:57 PM   #534
Dago Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmontyburns View Post
I may have to get season 3. I've had the DVDs for S1 since back in the day, but I hadn't seen S2 or S3 since they first aired. I recently picked up a new copy of S2 from eBay for about $18, and having finished that I was looking for S3 at around the same price. But no dice -- it's in the $30's even on eBay. If I pay that price I might as well get it from iTunes, and it would be in HD.
You may want to check wbshop at http://www.wbshop.com/search.do?quer...ars&format=DVD. They have all three seasons on DVD for under $20 each.
Dago Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 08:10 PM   #535
cmontyburns
Excellent.

Wow, thanks for that -- I had no idea. Season 3 for $16.50!
Old 08-12-2013, 09:03 PM   #536
astrohip
Stuart F

There's some cable channel that runs all the episodes, all the time. They run 'em from start to finish, then run them again. Over and over. One or two eps a day.

[runs to TiVo to see what channel it is...]

SOAP channel. Have no idea who or what SOAP is, but after all this VM talk lately, I decided to record them all, so I have 64 (?) eps sitting on my TiVo, waiting for the right time to have my own VM marathon.

So if you have the SOAP channel, you can get them for free.
astrohip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 01:44 AM   #537
DreadPirateRob
Seriously?

But in SD
Old 08-13-2013, 01:54 AM   #538
JLucPicard

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreadPirateRob View Post
But in SD
I saw that as a downside, too, but the upside is it takes less space. I'll have to see what the picture quality turns out to be to see how viable it is for me. (I'm not too much of an HD snob, so should be OK?)
JLucPicard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 12:46 PM   #539
StacieH
betativowho??

I was in LA last weekend, visiting a friend. I’ve mentioned her before; she and her boyfriend do a lot of background work in Hollywood.

Her boyfriend spent a day working as a cab driver on the Veronica Mars movie. He said that the character in the cab was taking his parents to or from the airport (I can’t remember). I asked who it was, and he asked me if Zach Efron was in the movie. I showed him a picture of Piz, and he thought that’s who it was. He said there were several backers on the set that day, and that he thought the couple who played Piz’s parents were also backers.

It was funny because even though the whole Kickstarter campaign has been the talk of Hollywood and he was aware of it, he said it took a while to realize that some of the extras were backers. He joked that they (he and some other background folks) couldn’t figure out why all of these extras were standing around, seemingly very happy to be there!
Old 10-17-2013, 10:07 AM   #540
StacieH
betativowho??

Stickers and shirts start going out today!