TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Series3 HDTV DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 08-05-2013, 11:43 PM   #1
ELEVO

Smile New to the board Got me a lifetime Series 3 652 Model

Hello All, Thanks for letting me come aboard.

Way back in the days LOL about 7 years ago i used to have a Sony SAT-T60 Tivo that worked With Direct TV only. Well i did upgrade it to 2 500 GB Hard Drives and if i am not Mistaken i got Lifetime On it, Well I am Certain "I PUT" Lifetime on it I was able to do the upgrade myself.

I purchased a new home and got DT HD With an HD Recorder and Put my SAT-T60 Away for about 7 years Today Retrieved it and now plan to put it up for sale, I am not sure if SAT-T60 did HD Recording or NoConfirmationtion of this would be appreciated.

Well I got me a Lifetime Series 3 Model with a 1TB HD Upgrade on it Not sure if it was Factory Done or Done by the Seller on the bay who says he is the original Owner of the Tivo.

How quickly should i Transfer the lifetime Service under my name once i get the Series 3 ?

Once iLifetime Llifetime Service under my name, can i Re Transfer the Lifetime Service to a Newer Unit like Premier XL4 for a $199.99 Fee ?

How good and Dependable is the Series 3 Model TCD-652160 ?

Got this Model for about 380.00 Including Shipping, Was that Decent Deal ? or did i over pay ?

I will be using this with OTA and Maybe Fios if i Decide to get Fios. Will it work just fine with either?

Also have a Pioneer Plasma TV anReceivereer Elite Reciever and an HD Antenna from Antenna Direct. What would be the best way to hook up this Tivo ?

Thanks for all your Help and Comments in Advance
ELEVO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 01:33 AM   #2
ThAbtO
TiVoholic by the bay

I believe the lifetime service is no longer transferable to another box. Its called lifetime for a reason, for the life of the Tivo box and not the user.

You can hook up the antenna directly to the antenna coax input of the Tivo. You can also split it with the other side to go directly to your TV as well, so you can watch regular TV while the Tivo does something else. You would not need a digital converter box for the antenna going into the Tivo.

You can also add cable in to the cable input coax as well. Antenna and cable can co-exist and record as separate channels. You may need a multi-stream or 2 single-stream cable cards to access the cable portion, and maybe even a tuning adapter. These you need to lease from the cable co. As most will not activate if it were not from them.

~~~~~

The TiVo Apocalypse begins on Sat 2013 Feb 16 00:00 GMT!
ThAbtO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 01:51 AM   #3
ELEVO

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThAbtO View Post
I believe the lifetime service is no longer transferable to another box. Its called lifetime for a reason, for the life of the Tivo box and not the user.

You can hook up the antenna directly to the antenna coax input of the Tivo. You can also split it with the other side to go directly to your TV as well, so you can watch regular TV while the Tivo does something else. You would not need a digital converter box for the antenna going into the Tivo.

You can also add cable into the cable input coax as well. Antenna and cable can co-exist and record as separate channels. You may need a multi-stream or 2 single-stream cable cards to access the cable portion, and maybe even a tuning adapter. These you need to lease from the cable co. As most will not activate if it were not from them.
Thanks for the Quick Reply )

But at one time didn't Tivo Offer Transfer of lifetime from one box to another for $199 ? Or was this a Myth of some kind?

How about Ownership of the Lifetime Service, Does it stay with the Tivo or do i have to do an owner Transfer ? I Read somewhere on this forum , that it was a good idea to Transfer Ownership of the Lifetime Tivo Service one i get the Tivo in my hands, as there has been times where The Previous Owner Would Transfer Ownership to his New Box after Selling his old one to a Buyer? Since the old owner had the serial No. This was Possible ?

Wow i can't Believe Tivo doesn't offer Lifetime Membership? Since most Tivo's Will be Outdated after 5+ Years ? I don't think i would upgrade to another Tivo if Lifetime is not offered, Unless its Possible to Put Lifetime on it yourself ?
Old 08-06-2013, 01:58 AM   #4
ThAbtO
TiVoholic by the bay

Lifetime transfer did exist years ago. I, myself, had a transfer done. You just had to be "invited" for the transfer. It was before they raised their prices of Lifetime.

If you do not transfer the sub to your name, you would not be able to do things such as, transfer of your recordings, remote scheduling, etc.

~~~~~

The TiVo Apocalypse begins on Sat 2013 Feb 16 00:00 GMT!
ThAbtO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 01:26 PM   #5
ELEVO

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThAbtO View Post
Lifetime transfer did exist years ago. I, myself, had a transfer done. You just had to be "invited" for the transfer. It was before they raised their prices of Lifetime.

If you do not transfer the sub to your name, you would not be able to do things such as, transfer of your recordings, remote scheduling, etc.
Wow Thanks for the heads up on the Transfer Issues i would have if i dont Transfer it, I will Transfer as soon as i get my TIVO
Old 08-06-2013, 09:45 PM   #6
mattack

They had lifetime transfer from s1s to S3 / TivoHD for a short period of time.. that's what got me to get HD capable Tivos long before I had a HD TV.. (but I still record mostly in SD)

Also, with DirecTV, the lifetime was tied to the *DirecTV account*, not the Tivo.
mattack is offline   Reply With Quote