TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Forum Extras > HD Comcast TiVo DVR (Archive)
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 04-20-2013, 02:17 AM   #1
durbauer

Comcast Internet & Watching TiVo programs in other rooms

Hello. I just moved and had the Comcast service move with me. I know have two tvs with TiVos on both. I usually cannot watch something recorded on one TiVo with another TiVo- something about losing signal. I was wondering if this is a typical thing with Comcast. I really love TiVo so much better than Uverse, but I am having this problem & some other problems with Comcast that I might make the switch to Uverse.
durbauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 10:14 PM   #2
Davelnlr_

Playing recordings from one Tivo to another has nothing to do with your internet service, unless you are using one of their routers. Personally, I would buy a good gigabit router, and a cablemodem. Save yourself $7 modem rental fee, and have a good house network setup. Its the house network that determines the video transfer/streaming between Tivos.
Davelnlr_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 04:38 AM   #3
Hi8
TiVoPro - wanabe!

Quote:
Originally Posted by durbauer View Post
Hello. I just moved and had the Comcast service move with me. I know have two tvs with TiVos on both. I usually cannot watch something recorded on one TiVo with another TiVo- something about losing signal. I was wondering if this is a typical thing with Comcast. I really love TiVo so much better than Uverse, but I am having this problem & some other problems with Comcast that I might make the switch to Uverse.
my understanding is you can not use a TiVo with Uverse service - not sure nationwide but it will not work in Connecticut. They do not use QAM tuning - their signal is carried on a twisted pair of copper wires (telephone line) - it is converted inside the home to coaxial cable to carry ethernet communications to the boxes. I believe Uverse is a IPTV service. (TiVo does NOT work with IPTV)

(3) TiVo THX HD S3
(1) Roamio - Basic 3TB
(1) PremiereXL4 & (1) TiVo Mini
Hi8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 05:59 PM   #4
SNJpage1

I have to agree with Dave on this. Viewing Tivo to Tivo has nothing to do with Comcast. It is only using the in house network. In fact you don't even need a cable modem to do this. I would check to see if one of the Ethernet cables has gone bad since moving to the new house. The one thing you didn't mention is if you are using a wired network or a wireless one. If wireless there could be something in the new house that is blocking some of the signal. It might have to travel thru more walls than at the old house. Work on the problem as a network problem and not a Comcast problem, unless you are using one of their wireless routers. The router could be a problem in that case.