TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 07-31-2013, 09:14 AM   #1
newsposter
Poster of News

NCIS casting

didnt see this in the forum yet. ill definitely miss her, especially when her hair was down so do you really get tired of doing shows like this and the money? i guess it's possible but i'd have to think it's pretty darn rewarding.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...n_3671151.html

"We offered Cote a lot of money and then we offered her even more money," Moonves said. "We really didn't want to lose her. We love her ... We obviously were in discussion with the rest of the cast and the producers [and Cote]. Ultimately, she decided she didn't want to do the show."

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

monsterjoe - You aren't wrong; spartanstew- I agree with newsposter
newsposter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 09:17 AM   #2
sieglinde

I liked her character and it looked like she and Tony were warming to each other.
Old 07-31-2013, 09:53 AM   #3
KungFuCow
Thread Killer

Time to bring Kate back and explain away the bullet in the head as an evil twin or clone!
KungFuCow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 09:59 AM   #4
justen_m

Quote:
Originally Posted by KungFuCow View Post
Time to bring Kate back and explain away the bullet in the head as an evil twin or clone!
Sasha Alexander is sort of busy co-starring in Rizzoli and Isles, with Angie Harmon.

I'm curious if her replacement will an actress new to the series, or if they bring in a character that has appeared before, however briefly. Maybe somebody that was slated for NCIS:Red. I don't see many seasons left for the original NCIS, but maybe it has gotten an extension now that Red has been axed.
justen_m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 10:44 AM   #5
Bierboy
Seasoned gas passer

We'll miss Ziva, too. Something I read yesterday indicated that, early in the upcoming season, they will address the "will they/won't they" issue between her and Tony...
Bierboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 10:45 AM   #6
KungFuCow
Thread Killer

Quote:
Originally Posted by justen_m View Post
Sasha Alexander is sort of busy co-starring in Rizzoli and Isles, with Angie Harmon.
I didnt even know that show was still on the air. Ill have to start catching up.. it fell off my radar after season 1.
KungFuCow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 11:01 AM   #7
justen_m

Quote:
I didnt even know that show was still on the air. Ill have to start catching up.. it fell off my radar after season 1.
The first season was only 10 episodes, and season two started an entire year later. Seasons two, three and four (almost halfway through so far) are 15 episodes, but again, starting a YEAR apart. I pretty much forget everything from the past season by the time the next starts. This applies to a few shows that only air a short summer season.
justen_m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 11:04 AM   #8
murgatroyd
Don't stop believin'

The writing for the female agents on the show has always been sub-par, IMHO. I can see why someone would want to move on. I wish her all the best.

And it'll be good for the show to mix things up a little.
Old 07-31-2013, 11:15 AM   #9
DouglasPHill

Quote:
This
DouglasPHill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 11:42 AM   #10
unitron

I'd like to see them bring back the young lady who's a relative of the producer and played McGee's girlfriend in a short scene at the end of one of the episodes a few years ago, wearing nothing but one of his shirts.

"I am altering the deal. Pray I don't alter it any further."

Darth TiVo, 14 February, 2011
unitron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 02:16 PM   #11
Bierboy
Seasoned gas passer

Quote:
Originally Posted by unitron View Post
I'd like to see them bring back the young lady who's a relative of the producer and played McGee's girlfriend in a short scene at the end of one of the episodes a few years ago, wearing nothing but one of his shirts.
Spoiler:
McGee has a new girlfriend this year according to THIS...Margo Harshman. She played Sheldon's brainiac assistant on BBT last season.

Old 07-31-2013, 06:02 PM   #12
aaronwt
HD Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by newsposter View Post
didnt see this in the forum yet. ill definitely miss her, especially when her hair was down so do you really get tired of doing shows like this and the money? i guess it's possible but i'd have to think it's pretty darn rewarding.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...n_3671151.html

"We offered Cote a lot of money and then we offered her even more money," Moonves said. "We really didn't want to lose her. We love her ... We obviously were in discussion with the rest of the cast and the producers [and Cote]. Ultimately, she decided she didn't want to do the show."
In the past, actors have turned down alot more money than she was making because they wanted to move on to something else. This is nothing new.
39TB unRAID1--53TB unRAID2--36TB unRAID3
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme
aaronwt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 06:15 PM   #13
jamesl

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronwt View Post
In the past, actors have turned down alot more money than she was making because they wanted to move on to something else. This is nothing new.
such as
Chevy Chase - Saturday Night Live
David Caruso - NYPD Blue
McLean Stevenson - M*A*S*H

and they all found immediate success after leaving their TV series while it was still very highly rated
jamesl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 12:56 AM   #14
Worf

One wonders if this will be the last or second to last season for NCIS - to let NCIS LA and NCIS Red take over and be the ones to carry the brand.

Sort of like what happened to JAG - it starts to collapse a bit, then finds its legs enough for a final season to wrap it all up and let the spinoff thrive.
Worf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 06:40 AM   #15
ADG
Allan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Worf View Post
One wonders if this will be the last or second to last season for NCIS - to let NCIS LA and NCIS Red take over and be the ones to carry the brand.

Sort of like what happened to JAG - it starts to collapse a bit, then finds its legs enough for a final season to wrap it all up and let the spinoff thrive.
NCIS has been the top rated scripted show for the past two years.

ADG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 06:57 AM   #16
brettatk
If I Only Knew

Quote:

NCIS Red was scrapped.
brettatk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 10:37 AM   #17
eddyj

Quote:
Originally Posted by brettatk View Post
NCIS Red was scrapped.
Hadn't heard that. I am a bit surprised that they axed it without giving it a chance.

eddyj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 11:52 AM   #18
aaronwt
HD Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesl View Post
such as
Chevy Chase - Saturday Night Live
David Caruso - NYPD Blue
McLean Stevenson - M*A*S*H

and they all found immediate success after leaving their TV series while it was still very highly rated
Didn't David Caruso bomb as a movie actor? I thought it wasn't until he came back to TV years later that he got popular again.
Old 08-01-2013, 11:53 AM   #19
aaronwt
HD Addict

Quote:

There is no NCIS Red. It wasn't picked up for a series.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddyj View Post
Hadn't heard that. I am a bit surprised that they axed it without giving it a chance.
There was nothing to axe.
Old 08-01-2013, 11:55 AM   #20
Langree
The Gimp

Quote:
Didn't David Caruso bomb as a movie actor? I thought it wasn't until he came back to TV years later that he got popular again.
Right, he was all but invisible until CSI: Miami.
Old 08-01-2013, 02:08 PM   #21
eddyj

Quote:
There is no NCIS Red. It wasn't picked up for a series.

There was nothing to axe.
There was a pilot, they said they were doing it, and then they decided not to. Sounds like axing to me, unless you want to argue semantics.

eddyj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 02:34 PM   #22
DouglasPHill

I was not impressed with the pseudo-pilot they did during NCIS.
DouglasPHill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 03:26 PM   #23
Bierboy
Seasoned gas passer

Quote:
He did bomb; I believe the first one was Jade. He sucked.
Old 08-01-2013, 07:04 PM   #24
pkscout

I'm just hoping they give her a happier exit then a bullet in the brain.
pkscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 07:25 PM   #25
jamesl

Quote:

yeah,
my post was meant to be sarcastic and imply that she will fail equally hard
jamesl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 08:38 PM   #26
tivogurl

I hope Cote isn't going for movies, I don't see her having success there. Another TV show maybe, but longtime stars rarely seem to get a second successful show. I could see her getting guest spots though. I'm sure she no longer needs to work for a living.
tivogurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 09:55 PM   #27
aaronwt
HD Addict

She can show up on Falling Skies? Didn't the lead actor in Falling Skies turn down tens of millions per season and still leave ER?
Old 08-02-2013, 01:30 AM   #28
Worf

Wow, with NCIS Red axed, guess it means NCIS and NCIS LA will continue.

I'm sure the plan was to wind down NCIS while NCIS LA picks up the writers and such and let NCIS Red build up. Having three NCIS series was stupid to begin with so you know two will walk out. But with no Red, that simplifies things.

Anyhow, there's always a chance she'll return - actors need to eat, after all. And it isn't exactly unheard of. Even DJE did it to JAG and he was the starring character. He was back later in the season after leaving.
Worf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 09:08 AM   #29
jgickler
Mr. Rolleyes

For an actor, leaving a highly rated series can be a very mixed bag but I think for every Clooney, Depp or Travolta, there are a bunch of Shelley Long's, and David Carouso's. I can't imagine that Zeva will be one of the success stories. She is good in the part, but I don't think she has the acting chops or charisma to take things to the next level.
Old 08-02-2013, 12:59 PM   #30
pendragn

I don't watch NCIS: LA, so I had no idea about Red. I will curious to see how they fill this position and how much longer NCIS has left.

tk

pendragn is offline   Reply With Quote