Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 07-02-2013, 08:09 AM   #31
nyny523
Oy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcb08 View Post
D'oh! It's Drew! Definitely not memorable! (Sorry Drew's mom )
Yes, Drew!!! Thank you!!!
Old 07-02-2013, 04:00 PM   #32
gossamer88
HDTV Snob

Anyone catch the previews next week? I don't know what to think about it.

Spoiler:
From the looks of it, seems like she quits the show!

gossamer88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 09:29 AM   #33
mcb08
Hoya for life!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gossamer88 View Post
Anyone catch the previews next week? I don't know what to think about it.

Spoiler:
From the looks of it, seems like she quits the show!
Spoiler:
If that was really the case, this entire season would have ended up on the cutting-room floor

Old 07-08-2013, 09:43 PM   #34
nyny523
Oy

Goodbye Michael . If I were only 20 years younger...

Why are people so stupid on these shows? She wants the one guy who really isn't that interested in her. Of course he will break her heart. I didn't like him from the start.

And why bother to put poor Zak through any more? It is clear he is not really in the running.

Why do I watch this stupid show? I get so irritated!!! She has bad taste - although we knew this since she fell for boring Sean last time.

Oy.
Old 07-08-2013, 10:57 PM   #35
Tracy
Truly

I didn't like Zak at first because he is kind of weird looking, but after their 1 on 1 date, I like him. He was really funny.

This whole episode I was waiting for the things from last week's previews to happen. I feel misled.
Old 07-09-2013, 07:07 AM   #36
gossamer88
HDTV Snob

It just boggles the mind how some of these women are still single. And Des and her friends are no different.

I knew it was going to be Michael, but don't get the connection with Chris. I also felt Drew manipulated her by bringing up his sister.
Old 07-09-2013, 07:51 AM   #37
Einselen
ɹǝsn pǝɹǝʇsıƃǝɹ

Chris has been my front runner from early. Brooks bothers me because he has the same name as my sister's dog so that is just odd for me. I am with Tracy where Zak is weird looking. He also seems like he would be a total toolbag, but glad he isn't. Drew for whatever reason set off my gaydar early (NTTIAWWT). I think I covered all the remaining guys. I am with nyny, Zak has no chance.

S2 526 HR - Lifetime
Premiere XL4 300 HR - Lifetime

XBL Gamertag - UnseenThought
Einselen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 07:53 AM   #38
mcb08
Hoya for life!!

My prediction: Zak will be next. Then Brooks will bail because he's not sure if he loves her. Chris or Drew will be the consolation prize.
Old 07-09-2013, 08:00 AM   #39
nyny523
Oy

Quote:
My prediction: Zak will be next. Then Brooks will bail because he's not sure if he loves her. Chris or Drew will be the consolation prize.
Yes, yes and yes.

I think the preview stuff we saw last week that did not take place this week will be about Brooks dumping her and she has a meltdown.
Old 07-09-2013, 08:09 AM   #40
mcb08
Hoya for life!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gossamer88 View Post
It just boggles the mind how some of these women are still single. And Des and her friends are no different.

I knew it was going to be Michael, but don't get the connection with Chris. I also felt Drew manipulated her by bringing up his sister.
I would disagree with this. All the guys talked about who Des would see if they got a hometown date - Drew was no different. He decided to mention that his sister was in a group home, and he would have to pick her up and bring her home for the date. I would have done the same thing so that I could judge her reaction.
Old 07-09-2013, 08:34 AM   #41
MauriAnne
Mostly lurking

Rather bleh episode. Des look so bored when Michael was talking, I thought that was a pretty clear sign he was history.

I thought it was odd they brought the girls from the previous seasons, but didn't let them spend any time with the guys.

I figure it's pretty telling what sort of season it is that I'm still getting the guys' names confused this late in the season.
Old 07-09-2013, 08:37 AM   #42
nyny523
Oy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MauriAnne View Post
Rather bleh episode. Des look so bored when Michael was talking, I thought that was a pretty clear sign he was history.

I thought it was odd they brought the girls from the previous seasons, but didn't let them spend any time with the guys.

I figure it's pretty telling what sort of season it is that I'm still getting the guys' names confused this late in the season.
There has not been one "stand out" guy, IMHO.

If they are going to pick the next Bachelor from this crop, they are going to have a hard time!
Old 07-09-2013, 08:56 AM   #43
mcb08
Hoya for life!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyny523 View Post
There has not been one "stand out" guy, IMHO.

If they are going to pick the next Bachelor from this crop, they are going to have a hard time!
James!!!
Old 07-09-2013, 09:53 AM   #44
nyny523
Oy

Quote:
James!!!

Old 07-15-2013, 09:42 PM   #45
nyny523
Oy

Well, that was a big surprise

We know who she wants...let's just get to it and watch him crush her like a bug.

You KNOW it's gonna happen...
Old 07-15-2013, 10:16 PM   #46
Tracy
Truly

Poor Zak. There is no way that they are going to give us all that info about how Desiree feels about Brooks if he isn't going to leave the show. No way.

It is really making me mad, though, the way they preview things that never happen. For example, all through this episode and in previews from the last episode, they showed the scene where Brooks' family member says something like, "You have to always to be with the one you love. Do you feel that way?" and then they cut to him with a sick expression on his face. When they finally show the scene, that expression was not there at all and Brooks responded positively. Grrrr.
Old 07-30-2013, 08:43 AM   #47
mcb08
Hoya for life!!

I think that this episode needed more mumbling and dead air They ruined this season by showing all the previews of Des' meltdown and having her say that she had fallen for Brooks. If they had left that stuff out, last night might have had the drama that they always promise. I'm hoping that she decides not to pick anyone (Kudos, Gossamer ). I don't see how either Chris or Drew could feel good about being chosen at this point.
Old 07-30-2013, 09:14 AM   #48
gossamer88
HDTV Snob

I only caught the first hour and went to bed. But I did catch Brooks and his family talking about his feelings. So I'm not surprised.

Does anyone else thinks Drew is gay?
Old 07-30-2013, 10:34 AM   #49
nyny523
Oy

Quote:
I think that this episode needed more mumbling and dead air They ruined this season by showing all the previews of Des' meltdown and having her say that she had fallen for Brooks. If they had left that stuff out, last night might have had the drama that they always promise. I'm hoping that she decides not to pick anyone (Kudos, Gossamer ). I don't see how either Chris or Drew could feel good about being chosen at this point.
I agree with all of this.

First of all, by the time we got there, we all knew what was going to happen. And they REALLY didn't need to show us what ended up being such a yawn-fest. Yes, we feel bad that she got dumped, but really, did we need to witness every second? They broadcast over 30 minutes of that breakup. Was that really necessary???

And we have ANOTHER 2 hours next week. 2 hours of her HOPEFULLY not picking one of the other guys, which would be incredibly hypocritical. And very hurtful to them once they see the truth. So WTF are they going to show us for 2 hours next week - her dumping the other 2 guys? With 1 hour breakups for each? Yawn-yawn-yawn.

It is interesting, because this is the first season I have watched this show without being at all invested in any of these people. The guys I liked all got sent home. I knew she was picking the wrong guys from the beginning. I didn't like Brooks from day one - he isn't a "bad" guy, but he had a vibe. And the other two are just meh, IMHO. Drew definitely has a less than masculine aura to me, and Chris seems kind of boring. At least Michael and Zak (my two favorites) were smart and interesting and masculine. She seems to like "soft" men - not my personal taste, but to each their own. Except, of course, the one she really wanted did not want her...shocker

All I keep thinking is how did she ever fall for Sean? He seems SO different from the kind of men she is attracted to here (except that he is boring, too).
Old 07-31-2013, 08:04 AM   #50
LlamaLarry

My wife watches this show in bed while I am going to sleep, so I rarely make it very far into an episode. That being said, Brooks' first date with Des (the first 1:1 of the season) was so freaking awesome that I said right away that no one else stood a chance. If I was on the crew filming I would have encouraged Des to just end the season early and declare him the winner.
LlamaLarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 05:06 PM   #51
nyny523
Oy

OK, so what are we thinking for tonight?

My prediction - double boring breakups, lots of crying and mumbling, and obviously no engagement. I just pray we don't have to watch 45 minutes of each breakup like last week - that was some of the worst TV I have ever seen. Yawn.

There is NO WAY she can bounce back from the Brooks debacle and pick one of these other guys. It's gonna be a bloodbath...

I will be SHOCKED if it turns out any other way!!! Now THAT would be good television!
Old 08-05-2013, 07:07 PM   #52
sburnside1

I think she breaks up with the last two, then Brooks re-appears.

You could kinda see it halfway through his breakup with her. He essentially was dumping her because being apart didn't hurt enough, then the breakup was hurting more than he thought.

Honestly, if she doesn't get back with Brooks I would be very surprised just due to the episode order. That episode should have been before "The Men tell All" episode complete with an appearance by Brooks, but was oddly after it making it a 2 episode finale.
sburnside1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 09:23 PM   #53
nyny523
Oy

I never for even ONE SECOND thought Brooks would come back.

I am frankly shocked at how many people thought that was going to happen.

Meanwhile, who's starting the pool on when these two are breaking up?
Old 08-05-2013, 09:41 PM   #54
Einselen
ɹǝsn pǝɹǝʇsıƃǝɹ

Anyone seem to think the Brooks seemed "different" during the After the Finale Rose show?

S2 526 HR - Lifetime
Premiere XL4 300 HR - Lifetime

XBL Gamertag - UnseenThought
Einselen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 11:19 PM   #55
sburnside1

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyny523 View Post
Meanwhile, who's starting the pool on when these two are breaking up?
Is last Monday night taken?
sburnside1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 09:16 AM   #56
gossamer88
HDTV Snob

Poor Chris. Seems like she felt obligated to pick him.

I'll be damn if I'm second choice over anyone.

I give it one week!
Old 08-06-2013, 09:28 AM   #57
nyny523
Oy

The whole thing seemed rushed and forced.

I kept hearing her telling herself to just do this for the cameras, and when it is all over she can break it off.

They kept talking about how much time she took to get over Brooks - regardless of when WE saw it, it was just a couple of days.

I'm not buying what they are trying to sell...
Old 08-06-2013, 11:20 AM   #58
gossamer88
HDTV Snob

Just caught the 3rd hour. They announced the new Bachelor. You would've think they cast a Rock Star!

Spoiler:
Juan Pablo. I do like the choice though. Women love that he's so dedicated to his daughter.