TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Reply
Forum Jump
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-26-2013, 07:03 AM   #61
loubob57
Cancer sucks!
 
loubob57's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Fort Worth, TX
Posts: 24,444
TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyD79 View Post
The worst part about the stupid bomb plot is that not a single viewer (you know, the ones the show is for) thought they were going to die. It would end the show.
I was pretty sure the dome wouldn't even get a scratch from the bomb.
__________________
Well boys, I reckon this is it: nuclear combat, toe to toe with the Russkies.
loubob57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 12:36 PM   #62
DouglasPHill
Registered User
 
DouglasPHill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: St Louis, MO
Posts: 956
Quote:
Originally Posted by brettatk View Post
I remember her from The Secret Circle. It was a short lived series about witches on the CW. Although I couldn't place her until I looked at your IMDB link and saw what she had starred in.
I placed her on Secret Circle the second I saw her lips.
DouglasPHill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 12:37 PM   #63
nickels
opinionated dope
 
nickels's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Warrington, PA
Posts: 4,415
Kind of hard to build tension when you already know the outcome. It wasn't like this was the season finale, so there was zero chance the bomb would do anything except fail.

Kind of a spoiler so I'll hide it, but not really...
Spoiler:

I believe the point of hitting it with a bomb is that it changed the dome. In an interview I posted earlier the producer mentions that we will see how the dome reacts to being attacked. The next episode is supposed to be a big one for moving the plot along.

__________________
D'oh!
nickels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 01:40 PM   #64
Bob_Newhart
My Custom User Title
 
Bob_Newhart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Houston
Posts: 20,599
"Do not taunt happy fun dome".
Bob_Newhart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 01:45 PM   #65
Numb And Number2
Registered User
 
Numb And Number2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 168
Maybe Chester's Mill is not in a dome, rather the rest of the universe is. That's my theory, see you in three years!
Numb And Number2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 02:05 PM   #66
scandia101
Just the facts ma'am
 
scandia101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: MN, greater TC metro area
Posts: 9,218
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickels View Post
Kind of hard to build tension when you already know the outcome. It wasn't like this was the season finale, so there was zero chance the bomb would do anything except fail.

Kind of a spoiler so I'll hide it, but not really...
Spoiler:

I believe the point of hitting it with a bomb is that it changed the dome. In an interview I posted earlier the producer mentions that we will see how the dome reacts to being attacked. The next episode is supposed to be a big one for moving the plot along.
Spoiler:
The dome has only been there a few days and nobody knows anything about it. Who's to say that anything that happens from here on out is different than it would have been otherwise.

__________________
discipuli nostrum bardissimi sunt.
scandia101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 02:25 PM   #67
scandia101
Just the facts ma'am
 
scandia101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: MN, greater TC metro area
Posts: 9,218
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anubys View Post
I seem to recall someone saying the dome encompassed 10 square miles. But don't count on my memory.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyD79 View Post
I meant population.
About 2000.
__________________
discipuli nostrum bardissimi sunt.
scandia101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 03:28 PM   #68
nickels
opinionated dope
 
nickels's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Warrington, PA
Posts: 4,415
Quote:
Originally Posted by scandia101 View Post
Spoiler:
The dome has only been there a few days and nobody knows anything about it. Who's to say that anything that happens from here on out is different than it would have been otherwise.
Well - this isn't a spoiler because we saw it happen - the two kids touched/kissed and they didn't have seizures once the dome was hit by the bomb. Before the bomb they had them every time they touched.
__________________
D'oh!
nickels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 07:33 PM   #69
scandia101
Just the facts ma'am
 
scandia101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: MN, greater TC metro area
Posts: 9,218
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickels View Post
Well - this isn't a spoiler because we saw it happen - the two kids touched/kissed and they didn't have seizures once the dome was hit by the bomb. Before the bomb they had them every time they touched.
So that would have otherwise been permanent? and you know this because...?
__________________
discipuli nostrum bardissimi sunt.
scandia101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 08:11 PM   #70
Langree
The Gimp
 
Langree's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Spring, TX
Posts: 16,753
Quote:
Originally Posted by JYoung View Post
Spoiler:
The residents of Chester's Mill or the TCF members?
Yes
__________________
The TOS for the Internet clearly notes there will be people who display their ignorance without giving any warning and indeed are likely unaware they are displaying their ignorance for all to see.
Langree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 08:19 PM   #71
PotentiallyCoherent
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 286
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Helmerichs View Post
Do people who are deputized in emergencies get badges and uniforms?

(Serious question!)
It's not like they don't have a few extras laying around...
PotentiallyCoherent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 11:09 AM   #72
awsnyde
Registered User
 
awsnyde's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Maryland
Posts: 129
Maths

Quote:
Originally Posted by heySkippy View Post
I thought it was that the dome was 10 miles across which I think would give them about 78 square miles inside.
Wow, somebody remembers their maths, and even the difference between a radius and a diameter.
awsnyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 11:40 AM   #73
KyleLC
Unregistered User
 
KyleLC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Sugar Land, TX
Posts: 5,375
TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Helmerichs View Post
Do people who are deputized in emergencies get badges and uniforms?

(Serious question!)
They did in Mayberry.
KyleLC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 12:49 PM   #74
Langree
The Gimp
 
Langree's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Spring, TX
Posts: 16,753
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Helmerichs View Post
Do people who are deputized in emergencies get badges and uniforms?

(Serious question!)
In a situation like this, where communication is down etc, the uniform would show those that were unaware that he is now a deputy or authority figure.

I'm more surprised they had one that fit him so well.
__________________
The TOS for the Internet clearly notes there will be people who display their ignorance without giving any warning and indeed are likely unaware they are displaying their ignorance for all to see.
Langree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 03:06 PM   #75
digdug
Registered User
 
digdug's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: SF Bay Area
Posts: 1,824
When we saw the buses start to arrive and drop people off, it was in the middle of the field once the butterflies cleared away from the dome.

The next scene however, we say the buses and visitors all at the end of the bridge back in town. Niggling little thing, but I don't like inconsistencies like that.
__________________
========

I left the satellite
digdug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 03:27 PM   #76
RGM1138
I wanna Rock
 
Join Date: Oct 1999
Location: Gulfport, MS
Posts: 3,426
Speaking of butterflies, how did that one survive the MOAB? Where was it hiding?
__________________
Bob

(I had Fun, fun, fun 'til Katrina took my Ti-Vos away)

"Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son."

Dean Vernon Wormer
Faber College
RGM1138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 11:18 AM   #77
Win Joy Jr
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Posts: 1,599
Don't know I'd it was discussed up thread, but HOW did the dad know his daughter was in the dome? No communications in or out.

I had such high hopes for the series. With King being hands on, and Speilberg's firm producing.
__________________
"Is it summer yet?"
Win Joy Jr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 02:32 PM   #78
scandia101
Just the facts ma'am
 
scandia101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: MN, greater TC metro area
Posts: 9,218
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickels View Post
Don't get near the dome with anything electric... oh except an ad for a Windows tablet. That's OK there Cop's boyfriend on the outside. Just slide that tab over and write her a message, no worries about all the other nearby electronics exploding.
On the outside of the dome, a military guy with a megaphone told the people not to touch the dome if they had a tablet or something with a battery.
__________________
discipuli nostrum bardissimi sunt.
scandia101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 02:37 PM   #79
scandia101
Just the facts ma'am
 
scandia101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: MN, greater TC metro area
Posts: 9,218
Quote:
Originally Posted by Win Joy Jr View Post
Don't know I'd it was discussed up thread, but HOW did the dad know his daughter was in the dome? No communications in or out.

I had such high hopes for the series. With King being hands on, and Speilberg's firm producing.

If the moms and Norrie didn't show up at wherever they were going on dome day and Chester's Mill may be on the route they were taking to get there, it's reasonable for someone to believe they might be there.
__________________
discipuli nostrum bardissimi sunt.
scandia101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 02:43 PM   #80
scandia101
Just the facts ma'am
 
scandia101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: MN, greater TC metro area
Posts: 9,218
Quote:
Originally Posted by digdug View Post
When we saw the buses start to arrive and drop people off, it was in the middle of the field once the butterflies cleared away from the dome.

The next scene however, we say the buses and visitors all at the end of the bridge back in town. Niggling little thing, but I don't like inconsistencies like that.
And visitors can only be at one point of a 10 mile wide dome?
__________________
discipuli nostrum bardissimi sunt.
scandia101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 03:08 PM   #81
RGM1138
I wanna Rock
 
Join Date: Oct 1999
Location: Gulfport, MS
Posts: 3,426
Quote:
Originally Posted by scandia101 View Post
And visitors can only be at one point of a 10 mile wide dome?
Well, for practical purposes, it's easier to control the crowd. And two, how are you going to tell 2000 people where in that 10 miles to meet their particular relatives, if you don't have a centralized location? You're already having communication problems as it is.
__________________
Bob

(I had Fun, fun, fun 'til Katrina took my Ti-Vos away)

"Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son."

Dean Vernon Wormer
Faber College
RGM1138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 04:45 PM   #82
scandia101
Just the facts ma'am
 
scandia101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: MN, greater TC metro area
Posts: 9,218
Quote:
Originally Posted by RGM1138 View Post
Well, for practical purposes, it's easier to control the crowd. And two, how are you going to tell 2000 people where in that 10 miles to meet their particular relatives, if you don't have a centralized location? You're already having communication problems as it is.
The thing is though, that they were at two locations (the McAlister place and the bridge) and the person I replied to seems unable to comprehend the concept.
__________________
discipuli nostrum bardissimi sunt.
scandia101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 04:58 PM   #83
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!
 
Rob Helmerichs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Minneapolis
Posts: 31,239
Quote:
Originally Posted by scandia101 View Post
The thing is though, that they were at two locations (the McAlister place and the bridge) and the person I replied to seems unable to comprehend the concept.
Wasn't it specifically said that they were to meet at a specific place for the reunions?

I think it was just shaky directing, not an indication that there were multiple meeting sites...
__________________
“This is the moment of truth. Are you my friend, or are you some bloodsucking network vampire?”
“Why do I have to pick one or the other?”
Rob Helmerichs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 06:34 PM   #84
TonyD79
Registered User
 
TonyD79's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Columbia, MD
Posts: 4,045
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Helmerichs View Post
Wasn't it specifically said that they were to meet at a specific place for the reunions?

I think it was just shaky directing, not an indication that there were multiple meeting sites...
Yes. At the point where the dome meets the bridge.
__________________
Tony D
TonyD79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 07:15 PM   #85
aaronwt
HD Addict
 
aaronwt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Northern VA(Woodbridge)
Posts: 13,914
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Deficit View Post
Until they show he really didn't, which I'm 100% certain is coming right after he hooks up with reporter lady, provided this lump of doodoo isn't canceled

***exception to Windows 8.x devices!***
Why would they cancel it. Under the Dome is one of the highest rated shows right now. And for total viewers is the highest watched show this Summer. Its getting over 11 million people watching it each week. Before DVR viewing is factored in.
__________________
Roamio Pro
TiVo Mini x4
Roamio Basic OTA
39TB unRAID1--53TB unRAID2--36TB unRAID3
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme

Last edited by aaronwt : 07-28-2013 at 07:23 PM.
aaronwt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 07:23 PM   #86
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!
 
Rob Helmerichs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Minneapolis
Posts: 31,239
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronwt View Post
Why would they cancel it. Under the Dome is one of the highest rated shows right now. And for total viewers is the highest watched show this Summer.
The lesson of which is:

A) People like crap
B) People are so desperate in the summer, they'll even watch crap
C) All of the above

Personally, I fall into C. I always like good crap. This crap isn't terribly good, even by crap standards, but there's hardly any competition.
__________________
“This is the moment of truth. Are you my friend, or are you some bloodsucking network vampire?”
“Why do I have to pick one or the other?”
Rob Helmerichs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 07:25 PM   #87
aaronwt
HD Addict
 
aaronwt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Northern VA(Woodbridge)
Posts: 13,914
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Helmerichs View Post
The lesson of which is:

A) People like crap
B) People are so desperate in the summer, they'll even watch crap
C) All of the above

Personally, I fall into C. I always like good crap. This crap isn't terribly good, even by crap standards, but there's hardly any competition.
I think there are alot of shows on that are much worse than Under the Dome.
I know a bunch of people watching it from all ages. Ranging in age from 12 to 87. They all seem to be enjoying it.
__________________
Roamio Pro
TiVo Mini x4
Roamio Basic OTA
39TB unRAID1--53TB unRAID2--36TB unRAID3
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme
aaronwt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 10:12 PM   #88
astrohip
Stuart F
 
astrohip's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Houston & Brenham TX
Posts: 7,325
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Helmerichs View Post
"If we don't blow it up, then China will nuke us!!"
I'm surprised there hasn't been more discussion on this. "China was on the verge of attacking the U.S. after the dome came down as the nation's leaders believed it to be an illegal superweapon that was being tested."

Seriously? China is gonna start WW3 because they think the Dome is our secret weapon? Not even the Chinese are that paranoid. Heck, we'd simply invite them to send their scientists over to work with our scientists to study it. Oh wait, we never see *any* scientists or engineers studying this thing from the outside.

On second thought, I'd blow us up too. It's the only way to cleanse the stupidity out of the gene pool.
astrohip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 04:51 AM   #89
weaver
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Alexandria, VA
Posts: 235
Quote:
Originally Posted by astrohip View Post
I'm surprised there hasn't been more discussion on this. "China was on the verge of attacking the U.S. after the dome came down as the nation's leaders believed it to be an illegal superweapon that was being tested."

Seriously? China is gonna start WW3 because they think the Dome is our secret weapon? Not even the Chinese are that paranoid. Heck, we'd simply invite them to send their scientists over to work with our scientists to study it. Oh wait, we never see *any* scientists or engineers studying this thing from the outside.

On second thought, I'd blow us up too. It's the only way to cleanse the stupidity out of the gene pool.

Except for the stupidity Under The Dome.
weaver is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 06:49 AM   #90
loubob57
Cancer sucks!
 
loubob57's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Fort Worth, TX
Posts: 24,444
TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by weaver View Post
Except for the stupidity Under The Dome.
That brings up a frightening scenario. Apocalypse outside the dome kills everybody. People under the dome are the only ones to survive since they were protected. The dome eventually goes away and the world is repopulated by these idiots.
__________________
Well boys, I reckon this is it: nuclear combat, toe to toe with the Russkies.
loubob57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Forum Jump




Thread Tools


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Advertisements

TiVo Community
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vBulletin Skins by: Relivo Media

(C) 2013 Magenium Solutions - All Rights Reserved. No information may be posted elsewhere without written permission.
TiVo® is a registered trademark of TiVo Inc. This site is not owned or operated by TiVo Inc.
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:06 AM.
OUR NETWORK: MyOpenRouter | TechLore | SansaCommunity | RoboCommunity | MediaSmart Home | Explore3DTV | Dijit Community | DVR Playground |