TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 07-26-2013, 04:27 PM   #31
verdugan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ment View Post
That was the aim since he didn't even want to be HOH. He'd much rather have been Andy this round. Either Aaryn or Kaitlyn going would be good for his game. It takes out people who are better at comps than him and he isn't blamed for it.
He wanted it. He said as much in his HOH blog.
verdugan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 05:10 PM   #32
gweempose

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtypacman View Post

I agree Judd's HOH was a complete bust. It was a useless week overall in the grand scheme of his game in my opinion. I am sure I don't have the whole story as to what was said' and promised this week to him but it seems like he did not use the HOH to his advantage.
At the very least, you need to use the power of HoH to make some deals that guarantee your safety. Like you said, all we know is what we see, but they never once showed Judd negotiating with any of the other players in any way shape or form.
(3) Minis

gweempose is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 05:12 PM   #33
gweempose

Quote:

The house did make the smart move continuing to vote out the strongest people ...
It's certainly been a very unique season in this regard. So far, every single player that has gotten voted out has been either a strong player, a smart player, or both. It never goes down like this.
(3) Minis

Old 07-26-2013, 05:13 PM   #34
gweempose

Quote:
Originally Posted by DancnDude View Post
Just realized that I don't think Julie has talked with the current HoH privately at all on the live show this season. "Remember that your housemates cannot hear you so feel free to speak your mind" ...
I hadn't even thought about that. I kind of like when Julie does this. Maybe they are waiting until later in the season.
(3) Minis

Old 07-26-2013, 05:15 PM   #35
Ment

Quote:
Originally Posted by verdugan View Post
He wanted it. He said as much in his HOH blog.
Not sure if serious. I'll use your source: 'I nominated Kaitlin and Aaryn for eviction this week and by doing that I was hoping to not ruffle any feathers.' His HOH was to go along and to get along not to make any moves. Perhaps you mean he wanted HOH for the bed and snacks.
Ment is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 06:26 PM   #36
NorthAlabama
tabasco rules

Quote:
I agree Judd's HOH was a complete bust. It was a useless week overall in the grand scheme of his game in my opinion.
i respectfully disagree. he left hoh without becoming a bigger target, he maintained his alliances, it was the first unanimous vote all season, and one of the bigger competitors against his alliances was eliminated.

could it have be better? sure, but it could have been a whole lot worse. all in all, i say it was mission accomplished.

The truth will set you free. But not until it is finished with you. - David Foster Wallace
NorthAlabama is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 01:37 AM   #37
verdugan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ment View Post
Not sure if serious. I'll use your source: 'I nominated Kaitlin and Aaryn for eviction this week and by doing that I was hoping to not ruffle any feathers.' His HOH was to go along and to get along not to make any moves. Perhaps you mean he wanted HOH for the bed and snacks.
Not wanting to ruffle feathers by nominating the two biggest pariahs in the house is not the same as not wanting HOH.
Old 07-27-2013, 06:18 AM   #38
Ment

Quote:
Originally Posted by verdugan View Post
Not wanting to ruffle feathers by nominating the two biggest pariahs in the house is not the same as not wanting HOH.
The point is there was no game moves to be made, he's not on anyone radar and he doesn't want anyone in particular to leave, if anything he raised his profile which he did not want at this stage, thus he left the choices to others. If AM/Mc/Ellen/Ellissa could've agreed on Howard/Spencer up he'd have equally ok with it.

Why did he try and get HOH at all then? He just wants to be seen as competent not a total country bumpkin although that has worked for him thus far. He wanted to win HOH like I want to win the lottery.

Last edited by Ment : 07-27-2013 at 06:35 AM.
Ment is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 01:33 PM   #39
LlamaLarry

So many BB episodes kind of mix them all together for me, but WTH was with Elissa's vignette of picking on Amanda? Seemed pretty harsh and personal, not to mention extended. Amanda strikes me as a pretty tough chick and if Elissa reduced her to crying in the bathroom then it went too far (IMO).
LlamaLarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 02:35 PM   #40
verdugan

Ment, we'll just have to agree to disagree.
Old 07-27-2013, 04:44 PM   #41
stellie93

Quote:
Originally Posted by gweempose View Post
At the very least, you need to use the power of HoH to make some deals that guarantee your safety. Like you said, all we know is what we see, but they never once showed Judd negotiating with any of the other players in any way shape or form.
Wasn't it Judd who exposed the new alliance with Spencer, Howard, and Kaitlyn? (sp) I think there was somebody else--that could have been real trouble for Helen and her side and he nipped it in the bud without anyone giving him a hard time for spilling. Probably an accident....
stellie93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 06:01 PM   #42
gweempose

Quote:
Originally Posted by stellie93 View Post

Wasn't it Judd who exposed the new alliance with Spencer, Howard, and Kaitlyn? (sp) I think there was somebody else--that could have been real trouble for Helen and her side and he nipped it in the bud without anyone giving him a hard time for spilling. Probably an accident....
Yes. Judd was the one who spilled the beans on the fledgling alliance consisting of him, Spencer, Howard, Kaitlyn and GinaMarie. It's funny, I didn't view that as strategic, but I suppose it could have been.
(3) Minis