TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Series3 HDTV DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 07-26-2013, 11:01 PM   #1
moonscape

Suggestions stopped recording

I have a Series 3 and an HD - and both of them have stopped recording suggestions! I've had these boxes for many years and this has never happened. Just noticed it today.

The Series 3 has not recorded a suggestion since 7/18 and the HD since 7/23. They both have >100 GB of space in deleted shows, and they both (historically) record suggestions daily.

I rebooted the Series 3 since it was the worst offender and it didn't record in 12 hours. Just followed an instruction I found online to change setting to not record suggestions, restart, change setting back to record, reboot. Have done that but won't know until tomorrow I guess if that worked.

Anyone else experience this with tried 'n true Tivos?

Also - haven't restarted my Tivo in forever, but didn't get the Tivo guy just static when it restarted. Got the wait screens but not the animation - that used to be the best part! Where's Tivo Guy? This isn't right!

Last edited by moonscape : 07-26-2013 at 11:42 PM.
moonscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 10:10 AM   #2
dlfl
Cranky old novice

Search much? If it had been a snake it would have bitten you!

http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb...d.php?t=500408

"It must be swell to be so perfect and odor-free" -- Del Griffith

VideoReDo users: Try
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

pyTivo users: Try
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
and
dlfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 11:51 AM   #3
moonscape

I did search! My butt is bite-free! - saw that thread - but I don't have a TA. Only solution I found was what I said in my OP, but neither recorded any suggestions overnight.

Am I missing something obvious?
Old 07-27-2013, 12:23 PM   #4
moonscape

Just chatted with Tivo - zero help. Rep said the obvious things, and kept repeating I need to make space for suggestions (sigh) when I have 70+ deleted shows on the HD and 30+ deleted on the Series 3.

Not finding anyone else with this problem and it's baffling! Why would it start now after all these years when nothing has changed in my set-up? Comcast has been rolling out a big upgrade in my area with lots of new HD channels - a pretty big rebuild - but no tuning adapters involved.
Old 07-29-2013, 08:38 AM   #5
unitron

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonscape View Post
Just chatted with Tivo - zero help. Rep said the obvious things, and kept repeating I need to make space for suggestions (sigh) when I have 70+ deleted shows on the HD and 30+ deleted on the Series 3.

Not finding anyone else with this problem and it's baffling! Why would it start now after all these years when nothing has changed in my set-up? Comcast has been rolling out a big upgrade in my area with lots of new HD channels - a pretty big rebuild - but no tuning adapters involved.
If you have a bunch of shows in your recently deleted folders, make sure you're done with them and then permanently delete them instead of waiting for the TiVo to do it.

Maybe that'll help, and I don't see how it could hurt.

"I am altering the deal. Pray I don't alter it any further."

Darth TiVo, 14 February, 2011
unitron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 09:18 AM   #6
jrtroo
User

What shows up in your todo list?
Old 08-02-2013, 11:59 PM   #7
moonscape

Suggestions started again the next day after having rebooted and done what I said in my original post.

Since it happened with both Tivos, albeit a week apart, I'm assuming Comcast's system rebuild had something to do with it.

When it started recording them again it did it with a vengeance - 7-8/day and is busy clearing out my deleted programs.

Thanks all.