TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 07-26-2013, 06:29 AM   #1
dimented
Comfortably Numb

Big Brother 07-25-2013

No surprise that Kaitlyn went home. She really was the best choice. Get her out while you can.

I wonder if Aryn is going to keep her deal or totally screw them over. Should be an interesting week.
Old 07-26-2013, 06:49 AM   #2
Donbadabon
Geocacher

I really hope Elissa gets put on the block again by the MVP vote this week. I had no issues with her at first, and even thought she was being unfairly targeted.
But now I see she is exactly like her sister - as long as things are going her way the game is fun and she can say whatever she wants to anyone, but as soon as she is on the block the game is no longer fun to her and she is ready to self-evict.
I put my 10 votes towards her.
Donbadabon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 07:00 AM   #3
loubob57
Cancer sucks!

TC CLUB MEMBER
How the worm turns with Aaryn winning HoH. At first I forgot about the deal she struck with Helen. I'm wondering if she'll realize her former allies numbers are down and she needs to find a new alliance to join. Or maybe the power will go to her head and she'll nominate Helen and Elissa. Interesting either way.
Old 07-26-2013, 07:34 AM   #4
nyny523
Oy

IF Aryan is smart, she will see that she needs to keep her word and align herself with one of the stronger groups in the house.

But as we have seen, Aryan is not very bright. This should be interesting...
Old 07-26-2013, 07:42 AM   #5
Alfer
WOOSAH!

Agree, this next week will be interesting for sure.

Best part about last night was watching Julie dance around the whole behind the scenes racial issues when she talked to Kaitlyn. Making sure she knew outsiders didn't like them etc. That was fun.
Alfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 08:03 AM   #6
gossamer88
HDTV Snob

Julie mentions that America is the MVP again. Kaitlyn caught it but the interview ended. Be interesting what she has to say with Jeff today.
gossamer88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 08:11 AM   #7
GoPackGo

I was really impressed with Kaitlin's humility during her interview with Julie. Had it been Aaryn or GM up there, they would have argued with Julie when told they were being called the Mean Girls.
GoPackGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 08:12 AM   #8
Dnamertz

The worst part about Aaryn bein HOH is that we, as MVP, can't nominate her this week.

I can't believe some of the HG's are stupid enough to have convinced themselves that Elissa was MVP and nominated herself.
Dnamertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 08:18 AM   #9
verdugan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dnamertz View Post
I can't believe some of the HG's are stupid enough to have convinced themselves that Elissa was MVP and nominated herself.
Why not? It'd be pretty ballsy, but based on what they know about how the MVP votes works and the Elissa's MVP history plus the fact that nobody fessed up about being MVP, it's not an unreasonable conclusion.
verdugan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 08:44 AM   #10
dimented
Comfortably Numb

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyny523 View Post
IF Aryan is smart, she will see that she needs to keep her word and align herself with one of the stronger groups in the house.

But as we have seen, Aryan is not very bright. This should be interesting...

It would definitely be fun to watch is she didn't hold up the deal.
Old 07-26-2013, 10:34 AM   #11
NorthAlabama
tabasco rules

elissa is vulnerable this week, not being able to play pov, and no power to nominate as mvp. will someone please, please, please put her on the block? maybe, finally, she will go home!

The truth will set you free. But not until it is finished with you. - David Foster Wallace
NorthAlabama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 10:48 AM   #12
mdougie

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthAlabama View Post
elissa is vulnerable this week, not being able to play pov, and no power to nominate as mvp. will someone please, please, please put her on the block? maybe, finally, she will go home!
She is only one of few interesting people left.
mdougie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 10:59 AM   #13
verdugan

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthAlabama View Post
After last week, I'm no fan of Elissa. Somehow, though, it just seems wrong that she (anybody) leaves before Aryn.
Old 07-26-2013, 11:16 AM   #14
hefe
Rebus Philbin

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoPackGo View Post
I was really impressed with Kaitlin's humility during her interview with Julie. Had it been Aaryn or GM up there, they would have argued with Julie when told they were being called the Mean Girls.
I agree. I can respect that a person acknowledges their behavior, especially since being isolated in that house can affect the way you act and react, to a point. Her understanding of how she looked to the viewers points to something more positive in her character.

Hefe's a cruel man, but fair.~edhara
That hefe, he's really smart!~Fish Man
hefe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 11:19 AM   #15
gweempose

I'm so glad Aaryn won HoH. I can't stand her, but it should make for a very entertaining week. Judd's HoH was one of the most boring weeks I can recall in the Big Brother house.

As for America's MVP nomination, I'm pretty sure it will be GinaMarie. Yes, there are a lot of Brenchel haters out there who will vote for Elissa, but I still think they are outnumbered by the Brenchel fans. Since they can't vote for Aaryn, and Kaitlin is no longer in the house, they will all take aim at GinaMarie.

And I agree that Elissa is just as bad as her sister. Actually, she's probably worse. Rachel seemed to at least have some grasp on strategy. Elissa is flat out one of the worst players I have ever seen.

I'm pretty sure a floater is going to win this season. To me, it seems like Jessie, Andy and Judd are sitting pretty.
(3) Minis

gweempose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 11:31 AM   #16
Shaunnick

Quote:
Originally Posted by gweempose View Post
I'm so glad Aaryn won HoH. I can't stand her, but it should make for a very entertaining week. Judd's HoH was one of the most boring weeks I can recall in the Big Brother house.

As for America's MVP nomination, I'm pretty sure it will be GinaMarie. Yes, there are a lot of Brenchel haters out there who will vote for Elissa, but I still think they are outnumbered by the Brenchel fans. Since they can't vote for Aaryn, and Kaitlin is no longer in the house, they will all take aim at GinaMarie.

And I agree that Elissa is just as bad as her sister. Actually, she's probably worse. Rachel seemed to at least have some grasp on strategy. Elissa is flat out one of the worst players I have ever seen.

I'm pretty sure a floater is going to win this season. To me, it seems like Jessie, Andy and Judd are sitting pretty.
The show does not show it But Judd actually has a pretty strong alliance with McCrae and Amanda and Andy. They have a final four and McCrae encouraged Judd to develop the relationship he now has with Jessie.
Shaunnick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 11:31 AM   #17
hefe
Rebus Philbin

Quote:
This season, being a floater is the best strategy. Everyone is so concerned every time with getting rid of the "strongest player." It pays not to be a strong player. Amanda is on the strong player rampage, wanting to keep the Aaryns and Elissas of the house...what happens when Helen is HOH late in the game, and has to nominate either Amanda, Elissa, Aaryn, Andy, Judd...guess who goes up...Amanda. It's not always best to be surrounded by all weak players.

Old 07-26-2013, 11:36 AM   #18
verdugan

Quote:

I don't think Judd is a floater. He won HOH.

As for Jessie? It's almost like she's in the house only part time.
Old 07-26-2013, 11:46 AM   #19
hefe
Rebus Philbin

Quote:
Originally Posted by verdugan View Post
Floaters win HOH too. If he wins consistently, that's different.

To me, a floater is someone that goes along, and doesn't try to organize alliances or make strategic decisions.

Old 07-26-2013, 11:46 AM   #20
nyny523
Oy

Quote:

I keep forgetting she is even there...
Old 07-26-2013, 11:52 AM   #21
hefe
Rebus Philbin

Quote:
Oh yeah...me too.

Old 07-26-2013, 12:20 PM   #22
loubob57
Cancer sucks!

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by hefe View Post
Oh yeah...me too.
But she's so pretty! Just ask her.
Old 07-26-2013, 01:02 PM   #23
gweempose

Quote:
Originally Posted by hefe View Post

This season, being a floater is the best strategy ...
I think being a floater is generally a good strategy in Big Brother, at least for the first half of the season. It allows you to fly under the radar, but still forge strong personal relationships. When the time is right to make a move, the floaters are often in the best position. For example, Jessie, Andy and Judd could join together and then flip the script at some point and change the whole game. By using their three votes as leverage, they could make some key deals that would get them very far. Since there are three people on the block every time, three votes is HUGE, especially deep in the game.
(3) Minis

Old 07-26-2013, 01:06 PM   #24
gweempose

Quote:

It's unbelievable how little screen time she gets. I'm not really privy to what's going on with the live feeds, but the way they edit it on the show makes it seem like she's a complete non-factor. I always find it interesting how much the editing can affect how America views the players. It's my understanding that Amanda comes off as kind of a bitch on the live feeds, but that's not the case at all on the show.
(3) Minis

Old 07-26-2013, 01:09 PM   #25
Shaunnick

The only close relationship Jesse has is with Judd. She is certainly aligned with the house majority right now but she had a hard time fitting in at the beginning of the season. The mean girls let her tag along with them but treated her like dirt. The other side did not associate with her because they did not know if they could trust her. When the coup to kick Nick out happened getting her on board is pretty much what broke her away from Aaryn, Kaitlyn, and GM.
Old 07-26-2013, 01:28 PM   #26
Shaunnick

Kaitlyn says she stands up for gay people in a post eviction interview when asked about her comment that gay people are untrustworthy in a game like BB.

http://insidetv.ew.com/2013/07/26/bi...ys-not-racist/

At the bottom of the article is an audio file that has the whole interview.

The best (or worst) part is when she explains away her comment about telling Candice that her "black was coming out"

Kaitlyn said that Candice would always say that she had a white side and a black side. Ok, nothing wrong with that statement until you realize that Kaitlyn is saying that Candice has (good) white side and a (bad) black side because her blackside came out when she got into it with GM.
Old 07-26-2013, 02:16 PM   #27
dirtypacman
Coming and going

The house did make the smart move continuing to vote out the strongest people. I was surprised not more players could figure out that it was nobody in the house had MVP. I suspect this week they will figure it out, especially since Helen already mentioned it from the very beginning.

I agree Judd's HOH was a complete bust. It was a useless week overall in the grand scheme of his game in my opinion. I am sure I don't have the whole story as to what was said' and promised this week to him but it seems like he did not use the HOH to his advantage. One thing I can say was a plus for him is that he came out of it without much blood on his hands.

I was routing for Spencer, Andy or Howard to win HOH, hoping to see how they played their alliances. But if that could not happen one of the best results is Aaryn having the power. With the amount of promises she made to houseguests she is going to have a hard time keeping them all happy.

I would love Elissa to get on the block or even better get voted by MVP again. As already stated with her not playing Veto itsthe week to move her butt out. (Even as sad as I would be to watch her little butt walk out
3) PIONEER #810H-S
4) TIVO Series 2 80 Hour

Comcast HD & Digital
home wired network (4) USB200M
dirtypacman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 02:32 PM   #28
DancnDude
Thrice as nice

Just realized that I don't think Julie has talked with the current HoH privately at all on the live show this season. "Remember that your housemates cannot hear you so feel free to speak your mind"

Not sure it's missed but it was nice to occasionally see how somebody was thinking when asked directly.
Old 07-26-2013, 02:47 PM   #29
Ment

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtypacman View Post

I agree Judd's HOH was a complete bust. It was a useless week overall in the grand scheme of his game in my opinion. I am sure I don't have the whole story as to what was said' and promised this week to him but it seems like he did not use the HOH to his advantage. One thing I can say was a plus for him is that he came out of it without much blood on his hands.
That was the aim since he didn't even want to be HOH. He'd much rather have been Andy this round. Either Aaryn or Kaitlyn going would be good for his game. It takes out people who are better at comps than him and he isn't blamed for it.
Ment is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 03:09 PM   #30
andyw715

I kinda wish MVP had been America all along.
andyw715 is offline   Reply With Quote