TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 07-24-2013, 10:12 PM   #1
dmarzo2

Tivo stream and fios

Hi

For those of you with FIOS service...I am in the process of converting from Xfinity to FIOS - will have FIOS installed next week. I have four TIVO devices - a TIVO Premiere 4, a TIVO Premiere, a TIVO 3 HD, and a TIVO Mini. I will not have any FIOS boxes. I am debating the value of also obtaining a TIVO stream. Do the various FIOS apps allow you to stream/record to IPADs and other mobile devices and have a good selection of shows and movies? Or would a TIVO stream give me a lot more options and flexibility?

Thanks in advance for your thoughts....

Dave
dmarzo2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 01:41 AM   #2
BigJimOutlaw

The Fios Mobile app allows you to stream a number of live TV channels (not all), as well as access some on-demand libraries (Starz/Encore) if you subscribe to them. And you must be at home to use these features. There aren't any download options at this point.

The Stream can stream live TV of any channel you receive (it will initiate a recording on a Premiere and stream it to you) as well as stream your recordings. You must be at home for the streaming to work. You can also download recordings to your device and take them on the road with you if you wish (except for HBO/Cinemax which are copy-protected on Fios). The Stream only works with the Premieres in your setup.

Overall Stream has more flexibility. The Fios app is decent for some casual TV viewing though.

Last edited by BigJimOutlaw : 07-25-2013 at 01:46 AM.
BigJimOutlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 07:36 PM   #3
dmarzo2

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJimOutlaw View Post
The Fios Mobile app allows you to stream a number of live TV channels (not all), as well as access some on-demand libraries (Starz/Encore) if you subscribe to them. And you must be at home to use these features. There aren't any download options at this point.

The Stream can stream live TV of any channel you receive (it will initiate a recording on a Premiere and stream it to you) as well as stream your recordings. You must be at home for the streaming to work. You can also download recordings to your device and take them on the road with you if you wish (except for HBO/Cinemax which are copy-protected on Fios). The Stream only works with the Premieres in your setup.

Overall Stream has more flexibility. The Fios app is decent for some casual TV viewing though.
Thank you for this - very helpful
dmarzo2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 09:32 PM   #4
mattack

e.g. I have still used the Comcast app a few times, even though I mostly watch stuff from my Tivo.
mattack is offline   Reply With Quote