TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Help Center
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 07-09-2013, 02:56 PM   #61
jayseae

If you want the full-blown version, you can read about it here:

http://www.cxliv.org/2013/07/08/tuni...e-suggestions/

(Same steps, just a bit more detail behind the process.)
jayseae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 07:26 PM   #62
Greg Eisenhauer

For what it's worth, I Emailed Margret Schmidt last Friday asking about the update and was told it would not apply to S3 or earlier. She has not yet responded to my follow-up asking about the HD.

From a personal point of view, I have two HDs purchased in late 2009 and have had trouble with suggestions since we got tuning adapters in early 2011. My annual subscription is up next month, and unless there's a patch for HDs I won't renew. I was a huge Tivo fan before this issue came up, but they've essentially stuck folks with a broken product since 2010. I don't feel like giving them more money.
Greg Eisenhauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 07:49 PM   #63
MeInDallas

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayseae View Post
If you want the full-blown version, you can read about it here:

http://www.cxliv.org/2013/07/08/tuni...e-suggestions/

(Same steps, just a bit more detail behind the process.)
I tried this on my office Tivo, used it as the guinea pig, and unfortunately its not working on TWC in the Dallas area
MeInDallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 07:29 PM   #64
sgreen0

I just wanted to add my voice to the chorus. My Tivo Premiere XL stopped recording Suggestions a couple of months ago, too. Now that I read these posts, I realize it coincided with the installation of the Tuning Adapter from Time
Warner.

My Tivo updated to 20.3xxxx with no remedial effect.

Looking forward to a solution.

Stephen Green
Los Angeles
sgreen0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 02:41 PM   #65
russmd

Again, mine were working for over a year, then suddenly stopped in May. Heard all the promises; how long can it take to rewrite a few frickin lines of code?? Absolutely ridiculous that they haven't fixed this yet.
russmd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 02:42 PM   #66
ahwman

Quote:
Originally Posted by russmd View Post
Again, mine were working for over a year, then suddenly stopped in May. Heard all the promises; how long can it take to rewrite a few frickin lines of code?? Absolutely ridiculous that they haven't fixed this yet.
Agreed, especially for all the money we pay...
ahwman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 02:42 AM   #67
decaffeinated

me too -- Omaha, Premiere unit, SDV

My sister-in-law uses a Tivo Premiere in Omaha (SDV) and after the tuning adapter was installed, no more Suggestions were recorded.

She's disappointed.
decaffeinated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 02:49 AM   #68
MeInDallas

Supposedly there is a fix, going to be released in the Fall Update, stay tuned.
Old 08-20-2013, 09:17 PM   #69
DaveDFW

Tivo Margret offered up a beta program for those who can't wait.

http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb...28#post9769228

Considering how historically unfinished Tivo's final software is, I don't think I'd willingly allow them to install beta software.
DaveDFW is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 11:25 PM   #70
unitron

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveDFW View Post
Tivo Margret offered up a beta program for those who can't wait.

http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb...28#post9769228

Considering how historically unfinished Tivo's final software is, I don't think I'd willingly allow them to install beta software.

Isn't it all beta, until they just quit working on it and retroactively declare the most recent version the final version?

"I am altering the deal. Pray I don't alter it any further."

Darth TiVo, 14 February, 2011
unitron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 03:16 PM   #71
jaquade

Suggestings working on quad tuner

I have three Tivo's. Two of them are premieres with two tuners, the third a four tuner unit. The day I installed the Cox (Cisco) tuning adapters suggestions stopped working on all my tivo units.

I contacted Tivo and Cox, Cox made a house called and fooled around with signal levels... to no avail... than all of a sudden I'm getting suggestions on my four tuner unit.

Does the four tuner unit use a version of the os that solves this issue? When will it be out for the standard two tuner premieres.
jaquade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 03:34 PM   #72
MeInDallas

I'm still not getting them on my 4 tuner unit. From what I have heard there will be a fix in the Fall 2013 update and we dont know when that will be released.
Old 08-25-2013, 04:00 PM   #73
nooneuknow
TiVo User Since 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaquade View Post
I have three Tivo's. Two of them are premieres with two tuners, the third a four tuner unit. The day I installed the Cox (Cisco) tuning adapters suggestions stopped working on all my tivo units.

I contacted Tivo and Cox, Cox made a house called and fooled around with signal levels... to no avail... than all of a sudden I'm getting suggestions on my four tuner unit.

Does the four tuner unit use a version of the os that solves this issue? When will it be out for the standard two tuner premieres.
Hello, fellow Nevada resident, who uses TiVo, and got stuck with TAs! I was beginning to think there were only three of us. Seriously...

I'm not having that issue, that I've observed. But, I reboot my TiVos about once a week, or they get too slow. This came as part of the last TiVo software update. Before that I only rebooted once every month or two, or they'd hiccup and reboot in the middle of primetime automatically.

I'm in Las Vegas. Are your tuning adapters actually doing anything at this point, or are they like mine? I can take them out and not lose anything, except Cox being able to read my signal levels remotely.

I'm still at a loss to the point of Cox deploying them, with such urgency, only to have them download an empty channel map, and only beam back more data to Cox... My SDV Link status is ALWAYS inactive.
Old 08-25-2013, 10:47 PM   #74
jaquade

Cisco Tuners

I will need to check and see. I subscribe to show time and hbo and I wanted to continue to access all the geographical versions of those programs, untherwise I would have had cox remove them when they cam and assisted me. I will double check and let you know.
jaquade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 12:43 AM   #75
MrSinatra

still no fix.

pathetic.
MrSinatra is offline   Reply With Quote