TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 07-22-2013, 02:52 AM   #1
wmcbrine
Resistance Useless

True Blood "Don't You Feel Me?" 7/21/2013

OK, I realize that this is a fantasy universe, but even here, the Second Law of Thermodynamics has to apply. So Warlow's plan of just endlessly recycling blood between himself and Sookie is never going to work -- with each cycle, they're going to lose a little energy, because they need to use some just to live. (Un-live?) Ultimately they'll have to feed on someone else.

Strange that Billith didn't already know that Jessica was gone / in trouble -- he had no trouble sensing Sookie's distress.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
wmcbrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 09:42 AM   #2
Gunnyman
Super FunBall

Am I suppose to care about the Sam/Alcide storyline? I just can't seem to.
Old 07-22-2013, 10:33 AM   #3
mdougie

Wow Terry's death was sudden.

Alcede and Sam is worthless as a story I agree.
mdougie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 11:02 AM   #4
NorthAlabama
tabasco rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunnyman View Post
Am I suppose to care about the Sam/Alcide storyline? I just can't seem to.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdougie View Post
same thoughts here, i sped through the scenes after a few of moments. most of the tawdry werewolf "chip on the shoulder" storyline has been mundane.

the predictable sookie & ben intimacy finally happened - what took so long?

The truth will set you free. But not until it is finished with you. - David Foster Wallace
NorthAlabama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 11:07 AM   #5
Gerryex

How all of a sudden does Sookie have enough faerie power to go into the faerie world? I don't remember exactly how she got there the last time but I do not think she was able to do it on her own. Also, the last time she was there for only a little while yet when she came back to the real world 2 or 3 years had passed. Is that going to happen again this time?

Gerry

P. S. Didn't Sookie say her faerie powers were getting weaker?
Gerryex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 11:13 AM   #6
mdougie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerryex View Post
How all of a sudden does Sookie have enough faerie power to go into the faerie world? I don't remember exactly how she got there the last time but I do not think she was able to do it on her own. Also, the last time she was there for only a little while yet when she came back to the real world 2 or 3 years had passed. Is that going to happen again this time?

Gerry

Yes Sookie was supposedly running out of Fairy power and this was not congruent.
Old 07-22-2013, 11:41 AM   #7
Gunnyman
Super FunBall

She needed Warlow and his power to get there I think.
Old 07-22-2013, 11:49 AM   #8
mdougie

Quote:
True she did have to have him give her his hand.
Old 07-22-2013, 12:11 PM   #9
zordude
WDW Fan

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerryex View Post

Based on the end of the episode, she appears to be re-charging them through the crotch.
Old 07-22-2013, 12:20 PM   #10
mdougie

Quote:
Originally Posted by zordude View Post

Based on the end of the episode, she appears to be re-charging them through the crotch.
Yeah when I saw that I could hear Pam's comment about her magic vagina in the back of my mind.
Old 07-22-2013, 12:31 PM   #11
busyba
The Funcooker

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmcbrine View Post
OK, I realize that this is a fantasy universe, but even here, the Second Law of Thermodynamics has to apply. So Warlow's plan of just endlessly recycling blood between himself and Sookie is never going to work -- with each cycle, they're going to lose a little energy, because they need to use some just to live. (Un-live?) Ultimately they'll have to feed on someone else.
I don't think that was meant to be a solution so much as foreplay.

"of course, you are 100% correct" --
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"busyba is officially my favorite poster." --

busyba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 12:32 PM   #12
busyba
The Funcooker

Poor Terry. RIP.

"of course, you are 100% correct" --

"busyba is officially my favorite poster." --

busyba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 01:16 PM   #13
Rickvz
TiVoholic

Quote:
That one I saw coming as soon as they had him glamored into forgetting the past. As soon as he picked up the garbage to take out I knew he would be shot since he had put the deal in place with his ex-Marine buddy last week.

The sudden one for me was Billith ripping the head off the Governor.
Rickvz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 02:15 PM   #14
robojerk

Sookie is a danger whore...
Old 07-22-2013, 02:20 PM   #15
Test

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickvz View Post
That one I saw coming as soon as they had him glamored into forgetting the past. As soon as he picked up the garbage to take out I knew he would be shot since he had put the deal in place with his ex-Marine buddy last week.

The sudden one for me was Billith ripping the head off the Governor.
I saw it coming too, but I still don't get it. Is that it? What was the point? Why didn't they just end him last season with the demon? That was HIS drama/story. This season he had nothing going on. Unless he is coming back as a zombie and his story isn't over yet. I just don't see the point.
Old 07-22-2013, 02:28 PM   #16
nirisahn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Test View Post
I saw it coming too, but I still don't get it. Is that it? What was the point? Why didn't they just end him last season with the demon? That was HIS drama/story. This season he had nothing going on. Unless he is coming back as a zombie and his story isn't over yet. I just don't see the point.
Me either, unless it's just to reduce cast size. But if that's what they're after, the whole Sam/Alcide storyline could just go away. It's really not adding anything to the show. Terry's character, struggles, and the way he manages to keep a lid on Arlene's craziness and nastiness is much more interesting to watch.
nirisahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 02:33 PM   #17
cheesesteak
Meh.

Heck, they could drop Sookie from the show and I wouldn't mind that much. I knew she was going to end up knocking boots with Warlow as soon as he showed up young and good looking.

A Cheesesteak always pays its debts
cheesesteak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 02:46 PM   #18
mdougie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nirisahn View Post
Me either, unless it's just to reduce cast size. But if that's what they're after, the whole Sam/Alcide storyline could just go away. It's really not adding anything to the show. Terry's character, struggles, and the way he manages to keep a lid on Arlene's craziness and nastiness is much more interesting to watch.
I agree Terry is the wrong character to kill of it is just about cast size. He is much more interesting than Sam or Alcede.

I agree I wouldn't really care if they killed off magic vagina danger whore either.

Eric, Pam are what make the show. Even Tara is far better with Pam and Jessica than snaggletooth.
Old 07-22-2013, 03:03 PM   #19
john4200

Quote:
Yeah when I saw that I could hear Pam's comment about her magic vagina in the back of my mind.
I believe it is called a super-snatch. Or a fairy vagina.
john4200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 04:59 PM   #20
AeneaGames

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesesteak View Post
Heck, they could drop Sookie from the show and I wouldn't mind that much. I knew she was going to end up knocking boots with Warlow as soon as he showed up young and good looking.
Since it's (very loosely these days) based on the Sookie Stackhouse book series I don't see that ever happening.
AeneaGames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 05:20 PM   #21
Gerryex

Quote:
YES, I forgot about that! I don't know if that will recharge Sookie's faerie power, but it probably was needed to get to the faerie land.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesesteak View Post
I respectfully disagree!! I still like Sookie's character and I do think she has a very pleasant figure!

So what about the time difference when she comes back from faerie land?

Gerry
Gerryex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 06:03 PM   #22
stellie93

I just finished reading the latest Sookie Stackhouse book, and on the cover it says it's the last book. That's too bad. The books are way better than the show.

I thought the governor had some magic way of making glamouring not work. How did it work for the girl? All the vampires could have escaped if it was that easy.
stellie93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 06:06 PM   #23
robojerk

She ripped the contacts out....
Old 07-23-2013, 08:44 AM   #24
danterner
Not it!

I've actually been enjoying this season. I think it is stronger than the last several. It may help that I've stopped watching with a critical eye, and I just take it for what it is.
| Twitter:
danterner is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 09:17 AM   #25
heySkippy
oldweakandpathetic

I'm liking it too. It's going in directions that aren't completely predictable, unlike previous years. I quite like the idea of Sookie embracing her inner danger whore.

meh
heySkippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 09:35 AM   #26
danterner
Not it!

There's also a little more campiness. I laughed out loud at the whole "passing the arm back and forth" routine, it was so ridiculous.
| Twitter:
danterner is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 11:48 AM   #27
NorthAlabama
tabasco rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by danterner View Post
I've actually been enjoying this season...It may help that I've stopped watching with a critical eye...
Quote:
Originally Posted by heySkippy View Post
I'm liking it too...
same for me, compared to last season. i had set my hopes too high when chris meloni joined the crew, and didn't recover from the disappointment when his character was gone so early. he was one of my favorite unpredictable villians on oz.

The truth will set you free. But not until it is finished with you. - David Foster Wallace
NorthAlabama is offline   Reply With Quote