TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Help Center
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 10-01-2007, 07:20 PM   #1
billbutter

Tivo HD doesn't work with NBA League Pass?

So my wife just ordered me a Tivo HD for my birthday and I'm extremely psyched! I've been stuck with Cablevision's SA 8300 for the past year when I went HD after years with my Series 2.

One of the big things I wanted to do was subscribe to NBA League Pass and TivoToGo all the Celtics games and watch them on my iPhone during my commute. Imagine my horror when I went to Optimum/Cablevision's website today to find this:

Quote:
Available to customers with a Scientific Atlanta digital cable box. The package is not available to customers with a Sony digital cable box or a CableCARD.
Is this for real? What else does this affect aside from NBA League Pass? PLEASE tell me this isn't true...

- Peter
billbutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 08:13 PM   #2
ajwees41

Quote:
Originally Posted by billbutter
So my wife just ordered me a Tivo HD for my birthday and I'm extremely psyched! I've been stuck with Cablevision's SA 8300 for the past year when I went HD after years with my Series 2.

One of the big things I wanted to do was subscribe to NBA League Pass and TivoToGo all the Celtics games and watch them on my iPhone during my commute. Imagine my horror when I went to Optimum/Cablevision's website today to find this:

Is this for real? What else does this affect aside from NBA League Pass? PLEASE tell me this isn't true...

- Peter

Tvo2go will not even be on the TivoHD until November and the PPV probably would not work,.
ajwees41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 03:16 PM   #3
classicsat
Astute User

And at that, League Pass would likely be copy protected as such TiVoTogo wouldn't work on it.

LP is probably going to be SDV or VOD, requiring a two-way box.
classicsat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 03:29 PM   #4
ajwees41

Quote:
Originally Posted by classicsat
And at that, League Pass would likely be copy protected as such TiVoTogo wouldn't work on it.

LP is probably going to be SDV or VOD, requiring a two-way box.

It's most likly SDV
Old 10-02-2007, 06:16 PM   #5
danlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajwees41
It's most likly SDV
Does that mean something like MLB extra innings on Comcast won't work on Tivo HD?
danlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 06:28 PM   #6
ajwees41

Quote:
Originally Posted by danlo
Does that mean something like MLB extra innings on Comcast won't work on Tivo HD?

depends on on how the contracts are set up. They might be straight PPV channels you can call and order or SDV.
Old 07-22-2013, 07:55 PM   #7
rogmatic

Sorry to bump a super old thread but I am moving to an area that has Comcast and wondered if TiVo would record NBA league pass on Comcast. It didn't work with TWC (or at least I couldn't get it to work) so I had to use Appletv, which worked okay except it is horrible at fast forwarding through commercials - you can only watch a game live.
rogmatic is offline   Reply With Quote