^^ D'oh!

meh
heySkippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 07:43 AM   #32
danterner
Not it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by john4200 View Post
As someone already said, Sookie is not half Fae. Neither her mother nor her father were 100% Fae. Niall is her great-grandfather, so that makes Sookie 1/8 Fae.
Perhaps I shouldn't have used the word "half," since it has a mathematical connotation. How much Fae she is wasn't my point. Rather, I was trying to get at the concept of hybridization. Sookie, Bill, Eric, Pam, Tara, Andy's kids - these are all hybrids. How they come into being is different. Sookie became a hybrid because - at some point in her family history - a fae hooked up with a human. Bill, Eric, Pam, Tara, etc, are hybrids because a vampire (itself a hybrid) turned them from human to hybrid-vampire. The only non-hybrid vampire we've seen thus far is Lilith. She's full Other, just like the fae are full Other. There may be others of Lilith's pure-vampire race or not; I'm not sure we've been told. But I believe we've been told that Lilith was the first to turn humans. We've also now seen she was the first to turn a fae (Warlow). The reason vampires get high on Lilith's blood, like they do on fae blood, is because it is the blood of an Other. If Lilith were just a very very old vampire, would the blood still make them high? If Tara, a young vampire, were to drink Godric's blood, would it make her a little high? I don't think so. Lilith is special not just because she's oldest, but because she's Different.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
| Twitter:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
danterner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 03:25 AM   #33
wmcbrine
Resistance Useless

Quote:
Originally Posted by busyba View Post
According to the vamp bible (and the human one, I think), Lilith predates Adam and Eve.
Lilith isn't in the Bible, but is part of Jewish mythology, as Adam's first wife. Of course there are lots of variations on the story.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lilith

wmcbrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 03:50 AM   #34
wmcbrine
Resistance Useless

Not that I understand how the whole inviting / disinviting thing works, but how did Sarah Newlin have the authority to disinvite Jessica from Jason's house, when she was only a visitor there herself?

wmcbrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 12:29 PM   #35
LlamaLarry

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmcbrine View Post
Not that I understand how the whole inviting / disinviting thing works, but how did Sarah Newlin have the authority to disinvite Jessica from Jason's house, when she was only a visitor there herself?
I was about to ask the same question. That did not make any sense and was really just a device to get her outside in violation of the curfew.
LlamaLarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 12:48 PM   #36
mdougie

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmcbrine View Post
It seemed that the suggestion was that Vampires are of the Devil and some of the old lore like Crucifix hurting vamps was being introduced. Thus leading Jessica to question if they are really evil.
mdougie is offline   Reply With Quote