TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 07-21-2013, 03:11 PM   #1
Gerryex

BBCA COPPER - Season 2 **SPOILERS**

Is anyone watching this as its pretty good. Since there had been no other threads I figured would start this one as a whole season thread.

Originally I thought this season wasn't going to be as good as the first but so far its quite good. Kevin's ex-partner cop turned bad guy is an interesting story line. At first I thought it was just him acting as a deep undercover but for him to actually kill another cop, and his new boss and all us viewers actually saw it. So he really has turned bad. Of course he wasn't an angel to begin with having hidden and slept with Kevin's wife!

In the episode of 7/14, they introduced a new character - the counterfeit printer and big boss. Is this Lee Tergesen as the IMDb does not show him as being in Copper, but I was pretty sure it was him!

Gerry
Gerryex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 06:24 AM   #2
markp99
TakoKichi

I have the eps queuing up on my TiVO. Have not watched them yet, but previews look good. Hope to have a marathon sometime this summer...
markp99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 07:22 AM   #3
eddyj

Am am watching, but an episode or so behind. So far, it seems to be as good as last season.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
eddyj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 11:10 AM   #4
Gerryex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerryex View Post
In the episode of 7/14, they introduced a new character - the counterfeit printer and big boss. Is this Lee Tergesen as the IMDb does not show him as being in Copper, but I was pretty sure it was him!
Anyone?

Gerry
Old 07-22-2013, 11:37 AM   #5
LlamaLarry

Yeah, that is definitely him.
LlamaLarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 11:59 AM   #6
Dawghows

We're still watching, and I agree: still just as good as the previous season. I love that they've made the ex-partner into a bad guy. He was my favorite character, and you don't see many shows do this kind of thing with a lead role. Very interesting.
Dawghows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 12:06 PM   #7
Timbeau

What do people think, is General Donovan (Donal Logue) a good guy or bad guy? Everything points to him being a good guy, but something just doesn't seem quite right with him.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
-- visionary
Timbeau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 12:13 PM   #8
philw1776

He like most others depicted (except for the perfect black doctor) is neither good nor bad, a mixed bag. All said, he's doing more good than evil, especially when judged by 19th century standards.
philw1776 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 08:40 PM   #9
cheesesteak
Meh.

I finally got caught up. The counterfeiter was too much like a 19th century Joker for my taste. Other than that, I've really liked this season so far although I'm getting a little tired of Annie's bs. I wouldn't mind it if the doctor's character was somewhat blurry like everybody else's.

I have to admit that I get a laugh how an arrest back then almost certainly resulted in a butt kicking.

A Cheesesteak always pays its debts
cheesesteak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 11:39 AM   #10
NorthAlabama
tabasco rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesesteak View Post
The counterfeiter was too much like a 19th century Joker for my taste. Other than that, I've really liked this season so far although I'm getting a little tired of Annie's bs. I wouldn't mind it if the doctor's character was somewhat blurry like everybody else's.
last sunday's ep was my favorite this season, a break from the deeper, complex, emotional storylines. a little old fashioned action was a welcomed change, even if it was over the top.

annie is a devious little squirt, one of my favorites i love to hate, and i would miss her if she was gone, but her deceptions and reasoning are becoming all too predictable. they need to shake her story up a little more.

yes, the doctor seems to be a saint, alone compared to the rest of the cast in that regard. it wouldn't hurt for his character to develop more depth, too.

The truth will set you free. But not until it is finished with you. - David Foster Wallace
NorthAlabama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 12:18 PM   #11
Gerryex

SPOILERS 7/21 "A Morning Song"

I knew it!!! I always suspected that Francis was in deep undercover. The only reason I wasn't 100% sure was that he actually DID kill the uniformed cop, and we viewers all saw it. But here he ended up killing the only eye witness so that he could now say that guy was the one that killed the cop. Even though Francis was no angel, having slept and hid Kevin's wife, it just seemed TOO much of a change of attitude when he left the cops and turned to a life of crime. He just seemed TOO bad!!!

Anyway a very good episode and it was a nice change of pace.

Gerry
Old 07-23-2013, 12:21 PM   #12
john4200

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerryex View Post
Even though Francis was no angel, having slept and hid Kevin's wife, it just seemed TOO much of a change of attitude when he left the cops and turned to a life of crime. He just seemed TOO bad!!!
Did you forget that he murdered two women but the judge let him off on a technicality?
john4200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 05:34 PM   #13
Gerryex

Quote:
Originally Posted by john4200 View Post
Did you forget that he murdered two women but the judge let him off on a technicality?
Yes, I did forget!! So is he a bad guy or a good guy who sometimes does really bad things?

Gerry