TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Help Center
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 07-16-2013, 12:33 AM   #1
Jadan

Question Cannot get to Kickstart screens

I have been trying for the last few days, to get to the kickstart menu/settings/test to initiate, with no luck. (Im getting the s03 error when trying to get new program data on my Tivo HD Series 3). Ive followed the instructions but I think my Tivo Slide remote is cutting off in the middle of pressing the pause button. I noticed that after 3 tries of rebooting, the light on the top of the remote goes out at random points. Ive tried to repress it the second it goes out, but that doesnt work....
Has anyone else gotten the kickstart to work with this remote, or am I just crazy and mentally challenged? Is there another way to initiate the kickstart without the remote?

cheers!
Jadan
Jadan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 05:15 AM   #2
unitron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadan View Post
I have been trying for the last few days, to get to the kickstart menu/settings/test to initiate, with no luck. (Im getting the s03 error when trying to get new program data on my Tivo HD Series 3). Ive followed the instructions but I think my Tivo Slide remote is cutting off in the middle of pressing the pause button. I noticed that after 3 tries of rebooting, the light on the top of the remote goes out at random points. Ive tried to repress it the second it goes out, but that doesnt work....
Has anyone else gotten the kickstart to work with this remote, or am I just crazy and mentally challenged? Is there another way to initiate the kickstart without the remote?

cheers!
Jadan
You can pick up a universal remote for under $10 and try with it, provided there are no other TiVos in the room.

As for the s03 itself, I went to find the page about it at texasblindjack.com to refer you to, but apparently the site is now defunct.

However, in my post in this thread

http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb...d.php?t=490576

from about a year ago, I mention enough of what it's about for you to know.

And you might want to refer to this

http://www.weaknees.com/tivo-kickstart-codes.php

to make sure you're following the right procedure for your model, as they seem to vary a bit.

"I am altering the deal. Pray I don't alter it any further."

Darth TiVo, 14 February, 2011
unitron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 08:21 AM   #3
bshrock

Unplug the USB - Bluetooth adapter the Keyboard remote should then work as the normal IR remote.
bshrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 10:37 AM   #4
Davisadm
TiVo is Back!!!!!!!!

Try replacing the batteries on the remote. Sounds like they may be low.
Davisadm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 05:15 PM   #5
HomeUser

Quote:
Originally Posted by bshrock View Post
Unplug the USB - Bluetooth adapter the Keyboard remote should then work as the normal IR remote.
I don't think the Blue Tooth communication is active yet at the point for entering the KS code. Definitely try the fresh batteries or the standard remote if you still have it.
Old 07-16-2013, 08:08 PM   #6
Jadan

Thank you all for the great info and stupid simple suggestions! Ill try the batteries asap and follow the info on the kickstart initiation, it was def more detailed than anything Ive seen anywhere else! FYI, I haven't used the Bluetooth simply because I dont have enuf USB ports, as the WiFi adapter is using it...

Ill give it a go and let you guys know!
just curious, but can anyone recommend a cheap IR remote in the event that the this doesn't do the trick? Looking at the Tivo page, they dont suggest anything, only to be sure its IR.

cheers
Old 07-17-2013, 05:59 AM   #7
ggieseke

You can also try just pressing the pause button over & over.
ggieseke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 09:59 PM   #8
unitron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadan View Post
Thank you all for the great info and stupid simple suggestions! Ill try the batteries asap and follow the info on the kickstart initiation, it was def more detailed than anything Ive seen anywhere else! FYI, I haven't used the Bluetooth simply because I dont have enuf USB ports, as the WiFi adapter is using it...

Ill give it a go and let you guys know!
just curious, but can anyone recommend a cheap IR remote in the event that the this doesn't do the trick? Looking at the Tivo page, they dont suggest anything, only to be sure its IR.

cheers
Check Home Depot for an under $10 GE universal remote being closed out right now.

Just don't use it in a room with more than one TiVo in operation.

"I am altering the deal. Pray I don't alter it any further."

Darth TiVo, 14 February, 2011
unitron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 10:21 PM   #9
Jadan

OK, so I was able to get the Kickstart to go. I did it by changing the batteries, but the remote still needed to be pressed more than once to keep the light on.
Alas, it didnt help. I think all of the restarts was able to get the Tivo to download at least once. However it is still bugging me to download soon, so I tried the update and it gave me the same error, S03. Maybe Im destined to have to constantly unplug the Tivo from the internet and let it do its thing, and pray that Im able to get it to work....