TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 07-16-2013, 10:02 AM   #5431
Hi8
TiVoPro - wanabe!

Quote:
Originally Posted by moyekj View Post
Sounds like it can't connect to the Slingbox. Double check Slingbox settings:
IP (Make sure you can "ping" that IP from command line)
port
admin password

I assume you followed instructions on slingbox_capture Wiki to get the port number and password?

Also what Slingbox model are you trying this for? Older Slingbox Solo models won't work.

You were right.... I had the port set wrong should have been 5001 !

it's working now Thanks!!

(3) TiVo THX HD S3
(1) Roamio - Basic 3TB
(1) PremiereXL4 & (1) TiVo Mini
Hi8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 01:43 PM   #5432
sanjonny

Quote:
In File Settings if I have "Overwrite existing files" unchecked and try and download a title that is already downloaded I get as expected:
SKIPPING DOWNLOAD, FILE ALREADY EXISTS: ...

The download task though will remove a file that failed to download correctly since for that situation you normally want subsequent tasks to fail as well if the download doesn't complete. Going through check-in history delete after any type of download failure was added way back on 2/18/2010 so it's nothing new/recent.
Here is what I think has changed... Just my experiences and memory and guesses.

Before, if there was a network interruption, kmttg would usually get stuck in the download task. Basically, it would not download anymore, but the timer would still tick. So I might come back from a downloaded file that had a problem and let's say, should have downloaded in a half hour, but at 3 hours, is 3/4 downloaded but not increasing (timer still ticking). I would then cancel the task, the file would be there, I would then rename it and set the tivo to resume downloading around where the network timeout happened.

For example, say I was downloading jon is great.tivo and it hung at 22 minutes of play of 30 minutes. I would cancel and rename it to jon is great part 1 and then use resume download to pick it back up from 22 minutes in the playtime.

The downloading attempts 2,3,4 seems to have happened rather recently, or did not work the way it is now, because I have used the prior protocol many times when network wonkiness caused issues and it has been much more recent than 2010. Maybe the checks for redownloading or whatever have changed or the detection for hung downloads has changed.

I would suggest, especially for big files, that it is much better to be able to pick up where you left off, than to restart as it now does. Or possibly if it has to automatically restart the download, to leave the original file and name the second attempt jon is great 2 for attempt 2, jon is great 3.tivo for attempt 3 or something similar.

That way if there are significant errors, you do not lose the original hard network work done and all the time spent. (I am fine with cleaning up the files or whatever, that is why I leave overwrite off)

Because if you have spotty networks, you might never be able to download a big file. I would much rather have it fail, leave the file and move on and let me sort it out than to automatically try to redownload it and overwrite all the existing work already done.
sanjonny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 01:58 PM   #5433
moyekj

You can change # download attempts under "Program Options". Perhaps for your case you would prefer to set it to 1 so that there will be no attempts to try again. Still, if kmttg detected there was a problem with the download even with only 1 attempt it will be deleted.

I guess I disagree with leaving behind partial downloads. In no scenario do I want unintended partial downloads which may give you the impression at first that nothing is wrong until you go play it back and discover it's not all there. If file is missing completely then you know something went wrong and to go try again. Especially now that series 4 downloads "resume" option doesn't even work anymore having a partial download becomes totally useless. I can understand where having a series 3 unit it may be somewhat useful to have partial download and then you can figure out where it stopped and do a resume download again to get the rest of it and then edit to put them back together, but that seems like a huge hassle and easier just to try re-download the whole thing.
If your network is so unreliable that this happens all the time then it would be worth pursuing fixing that perhaps by wiring PC to TiVo for downloads instead of using wireless.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
moyekj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 03:54 PM   #5434
cweb

Atomic Parsley ...

Wasn't there a button in kmttg that was under the file tab that allowed you to just run atomic parsley on a file? Maybe it was somewhere else, I no longer seem to be able to find it.
cweb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 04:40 PM   #5435
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by cweb View Post
Wasn't there a button in kmttg that was under the file tab that allowed you to just run atomic parsley on a file? Maybe it was somewhere else, I no longer seem to be able to find it.
It will be under FILES tab but only if you configure kmttg to point to AtomicParsley binary under Programs tab.

Old 07-16-2013, 05:54 PM   #5436
Hi8
TiVoPro - wanabe!

one off my TiVos is unlocked?

I just installed and have been playing around with kmttg.

I have been transferring shows from both my TiVos. The strange this is that one of my TiVos does not show any protected files/shows from the recordings from HBO.

I even have the same show that I recorded on both the same night... one is protected and the other is not? None of the HBO recorded shows have the lock.

I have transferred 3 shows and they all play fine.

I'm hoping that the new upgrade 11m doesn't; take this away?

anybody seen this?

see attachment, screen grab from each NPListing 2 different TiVos
Attached Images
File Type: jpg no_hbo.jpg (11.9 KB, 12 views)

(3) TiVo THX HD S3
(1) Roamio - Basic 3TB

Last edited by Hi8 : 07-16-2013 at 06:03 PM.
Old 07-16-2013, 06:13 PM   #5437
Hi8
TiVoPro - wanabe!

Slingbox capture ... channel change breaks it

I've been testing with the SlingBox capture ... works fine until I try entering a channel change in the field box...

Code:
> CAPTURING SLINGBOX TO C:\kmttg_v1p0c\slingbox_2013_07_16_15_34_15.ts ...
"C:\Perl64\bin\perl.exe" "C:\kmttg_v1p0c\slingbox\rec2.pl" -stdout -ip 192.168.2.254 -port 5001 -pass XXXXXXX -vbw 4000 -vs 5 -dur 300.0 -chan 1910 | "C:\kmttg_v1p0c\ffmpeg\ffmpeg.exe" -fflags +genpts -i - -vcodec copy -acodec ac3 -ab 224k -y -f mpegts "C:\kmttg_v1p0c\slingbox_2013_07_16_15_34_15.ts"
Capture to file failed: C:\kmttg_v1p0c\slingbox_2013_07_16_15_34_15.ts
Exit code: 1
ffmpeg version N-53033-g56ba331 Copyright (c) 2000-2013 the FFmpeg developers
  built on May 13 2013 22:18:29 with gcc 4.7.3 (GCC)
  configuration: --enable-gpl --enable-version3 --disable-w32threads --enable-avisynth --enable-bzlib --enable-fontconfig --enable-frei0r --enable-gnutls --enable-iconv --enable-libass --enable-libbluray --enable-libcaca --enable-libfreetype --enable-libgsm --enable-libilbc --enable-libmp3lame --enable-libopencore-amrnb --enable-libopencore-amrwb --enable-libopenjpeg --enable-libopus --enable-librtmp --enable-libschroedinger --enable-libsoxr --enable-libspeex --enable-libtheora --enable-libtwolame --enable-libvo-aacenc --enable-libvo-amrwbenc --enable-libvorbis --enable-libvpx --enable-libx264 --enable-libxavs --enable-libxvid --enable-zlib
  libavutil      52. 31.100 / 52. 31.100
  libavcodec     55.  9.100 / 55.  9.100
  libavformat    55.  7.100 / 55.  7.100
  libavdevice    55.  0.100 / 55.  0.100
  libavfilter     3. 65.100 /  3. 65.100
  libswscale      2.  3.100 /  2.  3.100
  libswresample   0. 17.102 /  0. 17.102
  libpostproc    52.  3.100 / 52.  3.100
cmd: 135 err: 5 172 at C:\kmttg_v1p0c\slingbox\rec2.pl line 165.
pipe:: Invalid data found when processing input

(3) TiVo THX HD S3
(1) Roamio - Basic 3TB
Old 07-16-2013, 06:39 PM   #5438
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hi8 View Post
I've been testing with the SlingBox capture ... works fine until I try entering a channel change in the field box...

Code:
> CAPTURING SLINGBOX TO C:\kmttg_v1p0c\slingbox_2013_07_16_15_34_15.ts ...
"C:\Perl64\bin\perl.exe" "C:\kmttg_v1p0c\slingbox\rec2.pl" -stdout -ip 192.168.2.254 -port 5001 -pass XXXXXXX -vbw 4000 -vs 5 -dur 300.0 -chan 1910 | "C:\kmttg_v1p0c\ffmpeg\ffmpeg.exe" -fflags +genpts -i - -vcodec copy -acodec ac3 -ab 224k -y -f mpegts "C:\kmttg_v1p0c\slingbox_2013_07_16_15_34_15.ts"
Capture to file failed: C:\kmttg_v1p0c\slingbox_2013_07_16_15_34_15.ts
Exit code: 1
ffmpeg version N-53033-g56ba331 Copyright (c) 2000-2013 the FFmpeg developers
  built on May 13 2013 22:18:29 with gcc 4.7.3 (GCC)
  configuration: --enable-gpl --enable-version3 --disable-w32threads --enable-avisynth --enable-bzlib --enable-fontconfig --enable-frei0r --enable-gnutls --enable-iconv --enable-libass --enable-libbluray --enable-libcaca --enable-libfreetype --enable-libgsm --enable-libilbc --enable-libmp3lame --enable-libopencore-amrnb --enable-libopencore-amrwb --enable-libopenjpeg --enable-libopus --enable-librtmp --enable-libschroedinger --enable-libsoxr --enable-libspeex --enable-libtheora --enable-libtwolame --enable-libvo-aacenc --enable-libvo-amrwbenc --enable-libvorbis --enable-libvpx --enable-libx264 --enable-libxavs --enable-libxvid --enable-zlib
  libavutil      52. 31.100 / 52. 31.100
  libavcodec     55.  9.100 / 55.  9.100
  libavformat    55.  7.100 / 55.  7.100
  libavdevice    55.  0.100 / 55.  0.100
  libavfilter     3. 65.100 /  3. 65.100
  libswscale      2.  3.100 /  2.  3.100
  libswresample   0. 17.102 /  0. 17.102
  libpostproc    52.  3.100 / 52.  3.100
cmd: 135 err: 5 172 at C:\kmttg_v1p0c\slingbox\rec2.pl line 165.
pipe:: Invalid data found when processing input
I don't have a Slingbox Pro (which uses rec2.pl script) to test with, but the rec350.pl script used with Slingbox 350/500 works for channel changing for me. Comparing the 2 scripts I do see a difference. So perhaps edit the slingbox\rec2.pl script and change:
Code:
    sling_cmd(0x87, $ircmds . pack("x448 v4", 3, 0, 0, 0));
to:
Code:
    sling_cmd(0x87, $ircmds . pack("x456 v4", 3, 0, 0, 0));
i.e. change 448 to 456 to see if that works.

Old 07-16-2013, 06:45 PM   #5439
Hi8
TiVoPro - wanabe!

That fixed it thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

(3) TiVo THX HD S3
(1) Roamio - Basic 3TB
Old 07-16-2013, 07:10 PM   #5440
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hi8 View Post
That fixed it thanks!
Guess I'll check in that change to rec2.pl for next release then.

Old 07-17-2013, 03:48 AM   #5441
sanjonny

Quote:
You can change # download attempts under "Program Options". Perhaps for your case you would prefer to set it to 1 so that there will be no attempts to try again. Still, if kmttg detected there was a problem with the download even with only 1 attempt it will be deleted.

I guess I disagree with leaving behind partial downloads. In no scenario do I want unintended partial downloads which may give you the impression at first that nothing is wrong until you go play it back and discover it's not all there. If file is missing completely then you know something went wrong and to go try again. Especially now that series 4 downloads "resume" option doesn't even work anymore having a partial download becomes totally useless. I can understand where having a series 3 unit it may be somewhat useful to have partial download and then you can figure out where it stopped and do a resume download again to get the rest of it and then edit to put them back together, but that seems like a huge hassle and easier just to try re-download the whole thing.
If your network is so unreliable that this happens all the time then it would be worth pursuing fixing that perhaps by wiring PC to TiVo for downloads instead of using wireless.
Well, isn't that why the log is red and wouldn't that be enough notification that the download was not finished? It might not just be the computer, heck, networks can get cranky for any reason, this doesn't happen all the time, but in the past, it was an easy fix. I just hate to see that the 5 hours spent trying to download would be wasted over and over. Plus, sometimes files get screwed up and will not finish downloading ( who knows why but it happens in tivo world) and I think some of the file is better than nothing in certain cases.

Tivos continuing removal of functionality from the premieres is making me nuts and I am using my HD more than ever because of their stupidity. I cannot see why I cannot schedule shows on my tivo using the app if my ipad is broken, but for some reason, tivo will not let me.

Anyway, I am sure I am not the only one who would like it to just error out and not overwrite when something goes wrong. The HDs are slow to download, it is not like the premieres so 5 hour shows take forever in HD to download and resuming them is preferable to it wiping the file out, and like I said, maybe the detection is different or something, but this change is recent, last few months.

I see your point about partial files, but isn't that the whole reason users get to decide to use the overwrite files option or not? Those who want them overwritten can, but others might not want the partials overwritten for the obvious reasons stated.
Old 07-17-2013, 08:24 AM   #5442
moyekj

There's been no changes to failed download deletion in years. You can look at change log history and code for "download.java" for example:
http://sourceforge.net/p/kmttg/code/.../download.java

I've added another option under File Settings for next release to give you option to get behavior you want:
"Delete failed downloads" (on by default).

If you want to test it out there's a beta version of kmttg.jar with that option added in this zip file.

Old 07-17-2013, 01:20 PM   #5443
SiB57

I searched the thread and haven't see this question yet, so apologies if it was already asked.

Is there a problem with some show names and adding them to the auto transfers list? Two (admittedly bad) summer shows "Whodunnit?" and "Whose Line is it Anyway?" both have a ? in them and both do not transfer for me automatically. Those are the only two shows (of a LOT of shows) that I've had problems with so wondering if it's an issue with the ? in the show name. I checked the auto.ini file and they're both in there, but they won't downloaded, but do transfer if I do it manually.

Thanks
SiB57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 01:51 PM   #5444
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiB57 View Post
I searched the thread and haven't see this question yet, so apologies if it was already asked.

Is there a problem with some show names and adding them to the auto transfers list? Two (admittedly bad) summer shows "Whodunnit?" and "Whose Line is it Anyway?" both have a ? in them and both do not transfer for me automatically. Those are the only two shows (of a LOT of shows) that I've had problems with so wondering if it's an issue with the ? in the show name. I checked the auto.ini file and they're both in there, but they won't downloaded, but do transfer if I do it manually.

Thanks
Yes, since regex matching is used for matching titles the ? if left unescaped will prevent matching, so you will need to escape the ? for those. I've added the following note to the auto_transfers Wiki page:
Quote:
NOTE: For titles that contain special characters such as ? or any other character that has special meaning for Regex you will need to escape it. Thus, for example if you setup an auto transfer for series with title "Whodunnit?" you would actually have to make it "Whodunnit\?" for it to work.

Old 07-17-2013, 03:32 PM   #5445
lpwcomp

Quote:
There's been no changes to failed download deletion in years. You can look at change log history and code for "download.java" for example:

I've added another option under File Settings for next release to give you option to get behavior you want:

If you want to test it out there's a beta version of kmttg.jar with that option added in this zip file.
Believe it or not, I am having the exact opposite problem. Occasionally, a download will fail to acquire the full recording w/o generating an error. The larger problem is that the particular show that has exhibited this problem is being pushed to a remote TiVo. I record it in both SD (for the push) and HD (for my viewing), so if I know the transfer has not completed successfully, I can try the HD, which so far has been successful. I'm just afraid that at some point I'm not going to find out until it is too late.

"Jessica Fletcher visits Midsomer. Carnage ensues!"
lpwcomp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 03:36 PM   #5446
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by lpwcomp View Post
Believe it or not, I am having the exact opposite problem. Occasionally, a download will fail to acquire the full recording w/o generating an error. The larger problem is that the particular show that has exhibited this problem is being pushed to a remote TiVo. I record it in both SD (for the push) and HD (for my viewing), so if I know the transfer has not completed successfully, I can try the HD, which so far has been successful. I'm just afraid that at some point I'm not going to find out until it is too late.
Yes, that is nothing new where due to a glitch of some sort the TiVo server just stops serving up the file without any indication of an error, so as far as client goes (kmttg) the download completed without error. It was those problem shows that made the "resume download" option useful (which TiVo "broke" for series 4 units, though broke is not quite accurate as it was never an officially supported feature in the 1st place).

Old 07-17-2013, 04:34 PM   #5447
christheman

Quote:
Yes, that is nothing new where due to a glitch of some sort the TiVo server just stops serving up the file without any indication of an error, so as far as client goes (kmttg) the download completed without error. It was those problem shows that made the "resume download" option useful (which TiVo "broke" for series 4 units, though broke is not quite accurate as it was never an officially supported feature in the 1st place).
So far I've asked about transferring a "partially downloaded" show between two Tivo Premieres to get the rest of the show, but the answer I got was that doing so would about double my Tivo charges, as both Premieres would need to be "activated."

Would it be possible to use a Tivo Mini as a second unit to transfer the shows internally - and possibly fix broken Tivo files for PC download? Has anyone tried this and accomplished anything?

Last edited by christheman : 07-17-2013 at 04:49 PM.
christheman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 04:43 PM   #5448
SiB57

Quote:
Yes, since regex matching is used for matching titles the ? if left unescaped will prevent matching, so you will need to escape the ? for those. I've added the following note to the auto_transfers Wiki page:

Great thanks, I'll try it!
SiB57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 04:50 PM   #5449
lpwcomp

Quote:
Originally Posted by christheman View Post
Would it be possible to use a Tivo Mini as a second unit to transfer the shows internally - and possibly fix broken Tivo files for PC download? Has anyone tried this and accomplished anything? If that worked then at least I wouldn't need to pay for the TV Guide services twice.
No, as the TiVo Mini streams, it does not transfer. It has no storage unit to which it could be transferred.

"Jessica Fletcher visits Midsomer. Carnage ensues!"
lpwcomp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 05:14 PM   #5450
christheman

Quote:
Originally Posted by lpwcomp View Post
No, as the TiVo Mini streams, it does not transfer. It has no storage unit to which it could be transferred.
Gotcha. Thanks.
christheman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 09:55 PM   #5451
sanjonny

Quote:

I completely believe you, you write the code so you should know, but has there been a change to the detection or something? Because it has only been recently that instead of hanging due to network timeout or whatever, that it would try to redownload again. I would say the last few months. Maybe it just had not happened much on my machine or I caught the hang before the detection did and cancelled it before it got a chance to wipe the file, who knows? I comb thru the logs pretty regularly.

Anyway, thank you so much for putting in the Option to not delete the file. These Tour de France stages can be very long, sometimes 6+hours to download, so I would much rather have the part and partial download the rest if something goes wrong than wait another 6 hours. I more than anyone wish that the downloads could be premiere fast, but nope!

Again, thanks for adding in this option, it might not be widely used, but it will be definitely appreciated by those who do use it.
Old 07-20-2013, 01:34 PM   #5452
IPbUnSJ5njOL

Hi,

Wow, this is an old, long thread. I guess people just keep adding new questions here instead of creating new threads?

I was wondering about the following:

1) Can KMTTG on the Mac be made to show the VideoRedo section in the configuration tab? If VideoRedo is better than ProjectX (and if not better is at least still under active development), then I'd like to use it via Wine. I currently use wine to use the latest windows version of comskip.exe by pointing to a shell script that passes the arguments and it works great, so I'd like to try the same with VideoRedo, but it isn't even listed in the Mac KMTTG configuration...

2) I'd like to achieve the following with advanced file naming: have the name be different based on whether it's a movie or a TV show. I saw the advanced file naming section and see how it's supposed to work, but I also want it to work with auto sub-folders, but only when it's a TV show. The following doesn't work the way I'd expect:

[mainTitle][" (" movieYear ")"][/ "Season " season][/ SeriesEpNumber " - " episodeTitle]

Am I missing something? Is it possible to get something like that to work? The resulting output puts _ in place of the / even though I don't have the / in quotes and am not trying for it to be a literal string. I want to use it as the folder separator keyword, and I want that in the conditional so it's only used if season and episodeTitle don't equate to null...

Thanks for such great software.

Last edited by IPbUnSJ5njOL : 07-20-2013 at 01:41 PM.
IPbUnSJ5njOL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 02:40 PM   #5453
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by IPbUnSJ5njOL View Post
Hi,

Wow, this is an old, long thread. I guess people just keep adding new questions here instead of creating new threads?

I was wondering about the following:

1) Can KMTTG on the Mac be made to show the VideoRedo section in the configuration tab? If VideoRedo is better than ProjectX (and if not better is at least still under active development), then I'd like to use it via Wine. I currently use wine to use the latest windows version of comskip.exe by pointing to a shell script that passes the arguments and it works great, so I'd like to try the same with VideoRedo, but it isn't even listed in the Mac KMTTG configuration...

2) I'd like to achieve the following with advanced file naming: have the name be different based on whether it's a movie or a TV show. I saw the advanced file naming section and see how it's supposed to work, but I also want it to work with auto sub-folders, but only when it's a TV show. The following doesn't work the way I'd expect:

[mainTitle][" (" movieYear ")"][/ "Season " season][/ SeriesEpNumber " - " episodeTitle]

Am I missing something? Is it possible to get something like that to work? The resulting output puts _ in place of the / even though I don't have the / in quotes and am not trying for it to be a literal string. I want to use it as the folder separator keyword, and I want that in the conditional so it's only used if season and episodeTitle don't equate to null...

Thanks for such great software.
1. I don't think any version of VideoRedo works via Wine because it relies heavily on Windows DirectX
2. The keyword to make sub-folders is [/] not just /. I think this template works for what you want to do:
[mainTitle][" (" movieYear ")"]["[/]Season " season]["[/]" SeriesEpNumber][" - " episodeTitle]

Examples:
"Covert Affairs [Ep 401] - Vamos" would come out as:
Covert Affairs/Season 04/s04e01 - Vamos.TiVo

"Superbad [2007]" would come out as:
Superbad (2007).TiVo

Old 07-20-2013, 04:04 PM   #5454
IPbUnSJ5njOL

Thanks for replying.

1. That's a shame. I just assumed it would work the same way... Oh well...

2. "The keyword to make sub-folders is [/] not just /." I know, but I read "You can define multiple space separated fields within square brackets" and I misunderstood that to mean I didn't need the square brackets around the / if using multiple fields in one block. Thanks for providing an example that works.

I had another question. Well more of a feature request, actually. Comskip doesn't work well to trim the very beginning or ending of shows that don't start at the right time. For instance a show starts 10 seconds after the hour, and there is no commercial between it and the previous show. So I'm using a custom script to use ffmpeg to trim the final encoded mp4. The amount of time that needs to be trimmed is generally consistent on a show/channel basis. For example for me, The Daily Show is 20 seconds past the hour and Love It or List It is 10 seconds.

How hard would it be to enhance the custom command to be different for each auto transfer configuration, the same way you can specify a different comskip.ini override? I'm thinking of simply building one large custom command that uses logic based on the name of the file to determine how much to trim, but I thought a different custom command per auto transfer might make sense...
Old 07-20-2013, 05:36 PM   #5455
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by IPbUnSJ5njOL View Post
How hard would it be to enhance the custom command to be different for each auto transfer configuration, the same way you can specify a different comskip.ini override? I'm thinking of simply building one large custom command that uses logic based on the name of the file to determine how much to trim, but I thought a different custom command per auto transfer might make sense...
For something like that you can make a custom encoding profile that calls a script which does the main encoding and calls ffmpeg a 2nd time within the script to do the trimming. i.e. The custom encoding profile can be a script as well, it doesn't have to be a call to ffmpeg or handbrake.

Old 07-20-2013, 07:08 PM   #5456
ShayL

moyekj, is there anyway that kmttg can prevent a mac running Mountain Lion from sleeping? The transfers take a long time and my computer can go to sleep. Apple changed their sleeping behavior in Mountain Lion.
ShayL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 07:19 PM   #5457
ThAbtO
TiVoholic by the bay

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShayL View Post
moyekj, is there anyway that kmttg can prevent a mac running Mountain Lion from sleeping? The transfers take a long time and my computer can go to sleep. Apple changed their sleeping behavior in Mountain Lion.
About the only thing to do is to disable sleep mode.

~~~~~

The TiVo Apocalypse begins on Sat 2013 Feb 16 00:00 GMT!
ThAbtO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 07:46 PM   #5458
IPbUnSJ5njOL

Quote:
For something like that you can make a custom encoding profile that calls a script which does the main encoding and calls ffmpeg a 2nd time within the script to do the trimming. i.e. The custom encoding profile can be a script as well, it doesn't have to be a call to ffmpeg or handbrake.
Thanks. I hadn't thought of that. KMTTG is so versatile! Thanks again!

There will be some donating coming your way eventually...
Old 07-20-2013, 08:12 PM   #5459
ShayL

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThAbtO View Post
About the only thing to do is to disable sleep mode.
You can use something like caffeine. Handbrake just put it that feature in the last release.
ShayL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 07:26 PM   #5460
IPbUnSJ5njOL

Button to pause the encoding?

This feature would be cool...

I don't really need to batch process solely at night since the only thing that's really intensive is the encoding. Everything else can be done whenever.

So I thought, let me find a way to send the handbrakecli job directly to the Handbrake GUI so I can use it's queue to pause encoding when necessary.

Then I thought, why not just see if there is some way to manually pause the process. Found this:

http://osxdaily.com/2013/05/30/pause...cess-mac-os-x/

Then I remembered I use atMonitor and it has it built in to be able to select a process from the list and pause it with a button.

Tested it and it worked great...

But THEN I thought, "Gee, wouldn't it be cool if KMTTG just had a pause button right there in its GUI to manually pause only the encoding... And perhaps some type of configuration to auto pause at certain times of day..."

So I thought I'd mention it...