TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Premiere DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 07-16-2013, 04:52 PM   #1
AJ500

Using Hauppauge HD PVR 2 with Premiere XL4

I'm attempting to use the Hauppauge HD PVR 2 with the XL4 and am not getting a component output signal from the XL4. My understanding from other posts that it's possible to have simultaneous HDMI and component output from the XL4. Is there some setting on the TiVo that I need to change? The TiVo is set to output all formats from 480i to 1080p.

My XL4 is connected directly to a Sony TV via HDMI and it's working fine. Its HDMI output is not going through the PVR 2. I suspect that the component output is missing though.

It's not a problem with the HD PVR 2 or its capture software because that works great if I connect the PVR 2 to component output on a different device.

Anyone got a set up like this?
AJ500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 06:13 PM   #2
stevel
Dumb Blond

TC CLUB MEMBER
I also have the HD PVR 2, though I use it with a DirecTV DVR. I found that I had to have the TV on in order to get the component signal - apparently just having the HDMI cable connected to the DVR was enough to blank the signal if the TV was off.

Steve
Old 07-16-2013, 06:21 PM   #3
AJ500

I have tried it with and without the TV on, and still no component output. I also tried disconnecting the HDMI cable at the TV. There must be some configuration that will work since HDMI is not a TiVo requirement.
Old 07-16-2013, 06:26 PM   #4
HomeUser

Not exactly, I do have the XL4 Component out put connected to the TV in addition to HDMI and both appear to be active at the same time I can switch between them and both show connected. I don't know if selecting a different input may be signaling the TiVo that HDMI is inactive. What happens if you disconnect the HDMI connection, does the PVR 2 receive signal then?
Old 07-16-2013, 08:36 PM   #5
AJ500

It's the cable!! Rather than use the component cable that came with the HD PVR 2, I used a shorter component cable that I already had. Not knowing anything else to try, I switched to the supplied cable. You guessed it. The component video from the TiVo to the PVR 2 is there now and capture is working. Wasted the afternoon. Grrrr!
Old 07-17-2013, 08:02 AM   #6
stevel
Dumb Blond

TC CLUB MEMBER
Yeah, the cable they supply is long and huge. But it works.
Old 07-17-2013, 02:26 PM   #7
HarperVision

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevel View Post
Yeah, the cable they supply is long and huge. But it works.
Yeah my wife tells me that all the time!
HarperVision is offline   Reply With Quote