Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 07-14-2013, 02:53 PM   #151
NorthAlabama
tabasco rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by verdugan View Post
Thanks for the update. At this point I think I want Jeremy out more than I want Aaryn out.
my list would include aaryn, ginamarie, and then there's spencer - possibly the most vile houseguest in bb history. i would personally pick any of those three before jeremy. when's the first double eviction?

The truth will set you free. But not until it is finished with you. - David Foster Wallace
NorthAlabama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 04:26 PM   #152
GoPackGo

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthAlabama View Post
my list would include aaryn, ginamarie, and then there's spencer - possibly the most vile houseguest in bb history. i would personally pick any of those three before jeremy. when's the first double eviction?
Interesting. I haven't watched the feeds at all, but I don't get that impression from what CBS is showing. What makes him worse than Aaryn and GM?
GoPackGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 04:28 PM   #153
nyny523
Oy

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoPackGo View Post
Interesting. I haven't watched the feeds at all, but I don't get that impression from what CBS is showing. What makes him worse than Aaryn and GM?
He has spouted more racist and misogynistic language than anyone else in the house.

He is repulsive.
Old 07-14-2013, 04:42 PM   #154
GoPackGo

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyny523 View Post
He has spouted more racist and misogynistic language than anyone else in the house.

He is repulsive.
That's too bad. I hope CBS starts showing that too, because people like me, who only watch the network show, aren't getting that at all.
GoPackGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 04:52 PM   #155
Azlen

Spencer is also having issues with this employer.

http://www.uprr.com/newsinfo/2013/sp..._brother.shtml

The values represented by Spencer Clawson's comments during the Big Brother show do not at all align with Union Pacific's values. Mr. Clawson is on unpaid leave of absence while participating on Big Brother. Union Pacific does not condone his comments.

Union Pacific is acting in accordance with Collective Bargaining Agreement terms regarding Mr. Clawson.
Azlen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 06:36 PM   #156
verdugan

Quote:

He is repulsive.
ohh, I had no idea. Then he can go.
verdugan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 06:36 PM   #157
verdugan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azlen View Post
Spencer is also having issues with this employer.

http://www.uprr.com/newsinfo/2013/sp..._brother.shtml

The values represented by Spencer Clawson's comments during the Big Brother show do not at all align with Union Pacific's values. Mr. Clawson is on unpaid leave of absence while participating on Big Brother. Union Pacific does not condone his comments.

Union Pacific is acting in accordance with Collective Bargaining Agreement terms regarding Mr. Clawson.
Unlike Aaryn and Gean Marie, Spencer has a union, so nothing will happen to him.

Old 07-14-2013, 06:39 PM   #158
rahnbo

I just posted this in season pass alerts but figured people here would want to know BB might run at least 1/2 hour over tonight (7/14/2013) due to golf coverage.
rahnbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 06:53 PM   #159
NorthAlabama
tabasco rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahnbo View Post
I just posted this in season pass alerts but figured people here would want to know BB might run at least 1/2 hour over tonight (7/14/2013) due to golf coverage.
thanks! i just caught this myself, and would have been disappointed.

The truth will set you free. But not until it is finished with you. - David Foster Wallace
Old 07-15-2013, 02:18 AM   #160
Stylin
Stylish Jane Sixpack

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoPackGo View Post
Quote:

He is repulsive.
Quote:
ohh, I had no idea. Then he can go.
Me neither. I did hear him say a couple of things, but didn't know it was really bad... But Howie is totally loyal to him - what gives? Is he not aware?
S3 250gb LT 10/15/07
Stylin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 02:34 AM   #161
Ment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stylin View Post
Me neither. I did hear him say a couple of things, but didn't know it was really bad... But Howie is totally loyal to him - what gives? Is he not aware?
He has said much more things that women would be offended by than minorities. Not sure if Howie has heard the racially offensive stuff but he's heard for sure some of the things Spencer has said regarding women.

Spencer for example said yesterday to Judd that he bets Jessi's private parts tastes like a certain candy and that he hopes Judds gets some action before he leaves. Perhaps people who hear the things Spencer says figure he is joking vs something said in confrontation like Aaryn.
Ment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 07:21 AM   #162
nyny523
Oy

Spencer's favorite word is the "c" word. He has used it to describe virtually every woman in the house.

Pig.
Old 07-15-2013, 07:33 AM   #163
Shaunnick

Plus, Spencer tends to say several of the things he says in the company of those who would be offended (Fag in front of Andy, c*** in front of the women, etc) and does so in a locker room manner. It is inappropriate, but not malicious the way Aaryn says the things she says. When Aaryn says her nasty stuff she means to insult and denigrate.
Shaunnick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 07:56 AM   #164
NorthAlabama
tabasco rules

spencer made another bigoted comment last night against andy when andy kissed gm goodnight (about andy's mouth).

his bigoted remarks may or may not be made with malice, but i'd argue that they're still hurtful to anyone they're directed towards, they're uncalled for, and still do harm.

Old 07-15-2013, 08:25 AM   #165
verdugan

Quote:
spencer made another bigoted comment last night against andy when andy kissed gm goodnight (about andy's mouth).

his bigoted remarks may or may not be made with malice, but i'd argue that they're still hurtful to anyone they're directed towards, they're uncalled for, and still do harm.
I don't think anybody disagrees with you.

I think what Shaunnick was alluding to (Shaunnick, correct me if I'm wrong) that since only one person can go this week, Aaryn should b/c her intent is worse than Spencer's.

Both type of comments are bad and hurtful, but Aaryn's mean intent makes them worse.

That doesn't mean Spencer is a good person by any means. I hope he gets fired from his job, but I know the union will prevent it from happening.
Old 07-15-2013, 09:21 AM   #166
Shaunnick

To be clear, I was responding to Stylin's last post as to why the house is not as bothered by Spencer's remarks as it is Aaryn's. I think everyone agrees that Spencer, intent not withstanding, says nasty things, but I believe the house is more forgiving because Spencer's intent is to be amusing.

I am not saying that it is amusing or that it is ok, just speculating on why the house is more upset with Aaryn than with Spencer.
Shaunnick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 09:40 AM   #167
NorthAlabama
tabasco rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaunnick View Post
I am not saying that it is amusing or that it is ok, just speculating on why the house is more upset with Aaryn than with Spencer.
i personally didn't read your comments that way, and i was thinking exactly the same as you.

i'm disappointed so far with the cbs broadcasts focusing primarily on aaryn, and not the overall atmosphere of bigotry coming from several other hg. hope they're not just going for the low hanging fruit by continuing the aaryn storyline, and instead take the opportunity to address the broader issues in the house.

Old 07-15-2013, 09:55 AM   #168
verdugan

Quote:
i personally didn't read your comments that way, and i was thinking exactly the same as you.
Same here.

Quote:
i'm disappointed so far with the cbs broadcasts focusing primarily on aaryn, and not the overall atmosphere of bigotry coming from several other hg. hope they're not just going for the low hanging fruit by continuing the aaryn storyline, and instead take the opportunity to address the broader issues in the house.
I'm afraid that's what is going to happen.
Old 07-15-2013, 09:56 AM   #169
Donbadabon
Geocacher

Ok, so:

Aaryn and Kaitlin are on the block.

Elissa as MVP put Spencer up.

Kaitlin won veto, and logically should take herself off the block.

So who will be the replacement? GinaMarie? Jeremy?

I'd pick GinaMarie if it were me, and then would vote off either Aaryn or GM.
Donbadabon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 10:04 AM   #170
MauriAnne
Mostly lurking

I wonder what it will take to get the vote split between the 3 nominees. So far, the addition of the extra nominee has just added a pawn as both evictions has had one nominee get zero votes.
Old 07-15-2013, 11:08 AM   #171
nyny523
Oy

Helen wants to back door Jeremy - that was the plan all along.

So Jeremy will likely get the boot...
Old 07-15-2013, 01:36 PM   #172
NorthAlabama
tabasco rules

confirmed, kaitlin used the veto, jeremy is on the block.

it's still 3+ days until the eviction, though. are jeremy and kaitlin clever enough to get aaryn out of the house instead?

Old 07-15-2013, 01:47 PM   #173
nyny523
Oy

I don't think so.

They need to get Jeremy out - he is the biggest physical threat right now (and an asshat).

Plus, separating a couple is always good game.

Out of the 3, he is the obvious choice.
Old 07-15-2013, 03:20 PM   #174
MauriAnne
Mostly lurking

I don't know what show it was since I just stumbled across it live, but they were interviewing Nick so I had to watch.

He said that when he was in the house, he had no idea the type of remarks Aaron was making and he was shocked to hear them now that he's out.

They also asked him if he could pick anyone in the house for a showmance, who would it be? GinaMarie's name didn't come up at all... I guess this means she'll have to cry for 3 more weeks. He really didn't answer the question, but did allude to how beautiful Aaryn was, if it wasn't for what came out of her mouth.
Old 07-15-2013, 04:01 PM   #175
DancnDude
Thrice as nice

I believe Nick said in the after-show interview with Jeff Schroeder on the cbs website that he was going to go on a date with GM to a monster truck rally after the show because he told her he would taker her.
Old 07-15-2013, 05:06 PM   #176
Ment

Quote:
Originally Posted by DancnDude View Post
I believe Nick said in the after-show interview with Jeff Schroeder on the cbs website that he was going to go on a date with GM to a monster truck rally after the show because he told her he would taker her.
That would be mistake she will expecting him to propose afterward.
Old 07-15-2013, 05:40 PM   #177
NorthAlabama
tabasco rules

jc took another opportunity to address the racism on bb on the talk today.
The Talk - Segment On Racism In BB15 House

Old 07-15-2013, 07:26 PM   #178
gossamer88
HDTV Snob

Quote:
Originally Posted by DancnDude View Post
We caught it over the weekend. Dan, I mean Nick was even more annoying. Good thing the show is only 30 minutes!
gossamer88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 12:09 AM   #179
Stylin
Stylish Jane Sixpack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ment View Post
Spencer for example said yesterday to Judd that he bets Jessi's private parts tastes like a certain candy and that he hopes Judds gets some action before he leaves.
Quote:
Spencer's favorite word is the "c" word. He has used it to describe virtually every woman in the house.
Pig.
Quote:
Plus, Spencer tends to say several of the things he says in the company of those who would be offended (Fag in front of Andy, c*** in front of the women, etc) and does so in a locker room manner.
Ewwwwww!! What a friggin ignorant pig.
Quote:
It is inappropriate, but not malicious the way Aaryn says the things she says. When Aaryn says her nasty stuff she means to insult and denigrate.
Quote:
...his bigoted remarks may or may not be made with malice, but i'd argue that they're still hurtful to anyone they're directed towards, they're uncalled for, and still do harm.
Quote:
To be clear, I was responding to Stylin's last post as to why the house is not as bothered by Spencer's remarks as it is Aaryn's. I think everyone agrees that Spencer, intent not withstanding, says nasty things, but I believe the house is more forgiving because Spencer's intent is to be amusing.
Yes, whether she realizes it or not Aaryn's comments are truly mean spirited and stinging. My impression from what you guys have written is that Spencer thinks he is being "funny/cool", which would probably mean HG's feel they have bigger fish to fry (aka Aaryn).
Quote:
I'm afraid that's what is going to happen.
I think that is exactly what will happen, especially due to Aaryn's mean tone and blatant disregard. There is no explanation needed so most of America will "get it".

PS- I am REALLY unhappy about not being able to watch BBAD. I used to watch it passively during the day while working (I don't normally watch tv during the day) - such a guilty pleasure!
S3 250gb LT 10/15/07
Stylin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 01:30 AM   #180
Ment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stylin View Post
My impression from what you guys have written is that Spencer thinks he is being "funny/cool", which would probably mean HG's feel they have bigger fish to fry (aka Aaryn).
Spencer's like the neighbor who cat-calls women at his work at the construction site. When you first meet him, he's a cool chill dude but the more time you spend together, you're like 'WTF dude where are your manners!'