TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 07-13-2013, 10:09 AM   #61
hummingbird_206

Re the racist stuff, I'm a bit torn on whether CBS should milk it or not. I hate seeing it. I hated it when there was a contestant on Survivor that was IMO worse than Aaryn. But there are a lot of people just like Aaryn in this world and most would deny that they are racist. I think they honestly believe they aren't racists. I think that when those people are confronted with the undeniable evidence of racism, that they might take a hard look at themselves and change. Maybe not, but I think that the possibility that they might is worth showing it.
hummingbird_206 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 11:35 AM   #62
NorthAlabama
tabasco rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyny523 View Post
I actually give the producers credit. This crap is happening all over the live feeds, and they could easily bury it in their edits, but they aren't.

And FWIW, what is going on is WAY worse than the few parts they are showing us...
you're right, production deserves credit for showing the behavior, along with cbs. i imagine there was input from every department that touches the show.

sometimes i think viewers forget the houseguests are recorded for 168 hours a week, with the show broadcasting only 3 of those hours - it has to be an enormous challenge to show important developments while directing the show's focus, because you never know which story line will mushroom into something bigger. with so much leeway regarding the focus of the show, they could have easily left it out.

The truth will set you free. But not until it is finished with you. - David Foster Wallace
NorthAlabama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 01:42 AM   #63
DavidTigerFan
Transporter Accident

So think of this...wouldn't you guys be sidling up to Aaryn now to try to get to final 2 with her? Anyone in the house would be a lock to win over her at this point.

Xbox Live: DTigerFan
DavidTigerFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 08:20 PM   #64
Shaunnick

Mark my words...

Elissa will continue to win MVP so long as it remains a part of the game and Elissa remains in the house. Rachel's army of 90,000 Twitter followers will continue to give Elissa the MVP votes. If there was an organized effort to vote for someone else hen I guess she could not win it. I doubt that is going to happen.
Shaunnick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 11:39 AM   #65
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaunnick View Post
Mark my words...

Elissa will continue to win MVP so long as it remains a part of the game and Elissa remains in the house. Rachel's army of 90,000 Twitter followers will continue to give Elissa the MVP votes. If there was an organized effort to vote for someone else hen I guess she could not win it. I doubt that is going to happen.
I totally agree.

The concept was an interesting one, but it's just not the right cast to do it with, considering the advantage Elissa has. It's unfair to the better players in the house.

While they all say they can "use" her, in reality they can't on a consistent basis, as she's been on both sides of the house with the first two choices.

As for the racism. I'm glad CBS is showing it. I think leaving it out would shed the wrong light on these people. As we can't watch them 24/7 (well I guess we can, but most of us choose not to pay for the privilege) on CBS, they have to tell the right story in order for us to get the true picture of what is going on. I guess the thing that bugs me is:

Spoiler:
That, from what I have been reading, members of both sides of the house have been using racial slurs and CBS has chosen to focus on Aaryn. She's the worst from what I read, but they should be fair about it.