TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 07-12-2013, 01:46 AM   #1
waynomo
My One Time

I've Been Watching Too Much TiVo!

So I was just sitting in my den in the midst of a thunderstorm watching TiVo with my TiVo remote in my hand like I usually do. A particularly loud and close boom just occurred. My immediate reaction was to hit the 7 second rewind button so I could catch the flash of lightning to compute how far away the strike was!

Has anything like this ever happened to anybody else while watching TiVo?
waynomo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 03:11 AM   #2
moyekj

Listening to the radio often times I miss something that sounds interesting and I instinctively reach out to press a non-existent skip back button.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
moyekj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 07:20 AM   #3
HerronScott

Quote:
Originally Posted by moyekj View Post
Listening to the radio often times I miss something that sounds interesting and I instinctively reach out to press a non-existent skip back button.
One of the nice features of the XM Skyfi2 is a rewind.

Scott
HerronScott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 02:35 PM   #4
Dan203
Super Moderator

In my opinion everything should have an 8 sec instant replay.
Dan203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 02:44 PM   #5
ggieseke

I had to quit listening to the radio in my car for that very reason.

I bought my first TiVo in Dec 2000, the second one a month later, and haven't watched live TV since except for a few cases like 9/11 or when hurricane Ike was bearing down on me. I still watch the news sometimes, but not until Ithere's enough in the buffer that I can FF through the repetitive weather reports and traffic.
ggieseke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 03:12 PM   #6
waynomo
My One Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan203 View Post
Kind of like the Omega 13 in Galaxy Quest!
Old 07-13-2013, 02:07 AM   #7
Worf

Quote:
Agreed. I don't know why more things don't.

Especially useful when watching movies and such. The need to skip back 8 seconds is far more useful than actually needing to seek, I find...
Worf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 02:57 AM   #8
tenthplanet

More than a few times I've gone to pause the Apple TV and hit pause on the peanut remote. I have the Tivo remote controlling the volume of the receiver so it's always nearby. It just goes to show you TV=TIVO more or less.
Old 07-13-2013, 09:36 AM   #9
HerronScott

Oh yes and the Sony DVD and BluRay players that we own have a 10 second instant replay that works the same way.

Scott
Old 07-13-2013, 09:45 AM   #10
replaytv
Lunatic Fringe

Quote:
amen brudder
replaytv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 09:56 AM   #11
waynomo
My One Time

I've had those instances with the radio in the car or on another non-TiVo TV where I thought about rewinding, but this was the first time I was thinking about rewinding "real life."
Old 07-14-2013, 06:07 AM   #12
replaytv
Lunatic Fringe

I just bought a brand new Honda Fit and am disappointed that it doesn't have a 15 sec' rewind so I can listen to that news comment again.
replaytv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 09:09 PM   #13
Bierboy
Seasoned gas passer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HerronScott View Post
Oh yes and the Sony DVD and BluRay players that we own have a 10 second instant replay that works the same way.

Scott
Which models? I have the BDP-S3100, and I don't see that feature on the remote or listed in the manual.

XL4
Bierboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 11:19 PM   #14
HerronScott

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bierboy View Post
Which models? I have the BDP-S3100, and I don't see that feature on the remote or listed in the manual.
DVP-NS725P (DVD player) and BDP-S350 (Blu-Ray). Buttons on the remotes were labeled Instant Replay and Instant Search on the DVD player and Replay and Advance on the Blu-Ray player.

Looks like they dropped the buttons on the BDP-S3100 remote but the codes still work and you can either use an older Sony remote or a universal remote that can be programmed with the code.

Below is from a post on AVSForum.com:

"I recently bought an S3100, and I really miss the Replay button I had on my old DVD player's remote. I'm thinking about buying one of the older remotes off ebay just to get that button, although it might not be worth it to me if it doesn't work with Internet content. Instead of the RMT-B102A remote (the one you have that came with the BDP-S350 series), I'd probably get the RMT-B107A (which came with the BDP-S370 series) since it's newest model that still has the Replay button.

These functions can easily be added to many universals. No need to buy and old Sony remote."

Scott

Last edited by HerronScott : 07-15-2013 at 07:26 AM.
Old 07-15-2013, 02:01 AM   #15
Bierboy
Seasoned gas passer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HerronScott View Post
DVP-NS725P (DVD player) and BDP-S350 (Blu-Ray). Buttons on the remotes were labeled Instant Reply and Instant Search on the DVD player and Replay and Advance on the Blu-Ray player.

Looks like they dropped the buttons on the BDP-S3100 remote but the codes still work and you can either use an older Sony remote or a universal remote that can be programmed with the code.

Below is from a post on AVSForum.com:

"I recently bought an S3100, and I really miss the Replay button I had on my old DVD player's remote. I'm thinking about buying one of the older remotes off ebay just to get that button, although it might not be worth it to me if it doesn't work with Internet content. Instead of the RMT-B102A remote (the one you have that came with the BDP-S350 series), I'd probably get the RMT-B107A (which came with the BDP-S370 series) since it's newest model that still has the Replay button.

These functions can easily be added to many universals. No need to buy and old Sony remote."

Scott
I use a Harmony One so I'll have to dig around to see if I can find those codes....thanks!

XL4
Old 07-17-2013, 04:20 PM   #16
Bierboy
Seasoned gas passer

No luck....searched the Harmony database for those codes for my 3100 and couldn't find them. Only way I could add it is to have the remote that had those functions and "teach" it to Logitech the software so I could transfer it to my One....
Old 07-17-2013, 11:34 PM   #17
nrnoble

When ever I go someone else's home, it just seem strange not to be able to skip past the commercials. Even during sporting events, I watch games on 20 minute delay so I can skip past commercials.
Tivo user since 1999.
nrnoble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 07:28 AM   #18
HerronScott

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bierboy View Post
No luck....searched the Harmony database for those codes for my 3100 and couldn't find them. Only way I could add it is to have the remote that had those functions and "teach" it to Logitech the software so I could transfer it to my One....
Looks for a cheap used older Sony remote on eBay?

Scott