TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Help Center
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 07-12-2013, 07:39 PM   #1
Byteme285

Port 8080 and Suddenlink

I'm having loads of problems with my TIVO and port 8080 and its causing the guide to not update all the channel info in the guide.

Here's what's been done so far

Tech comes out and plays with first TIVO for 3 hours finds port 8080 blocked and forwards the port still doesn't open and the TIVO service won't fully patch so after trying everything he installs a used TIVO from the main store that already had guide info on it. It connects to the TIVO network and patches successfully
but port 8080 is still blocked so I turned off the routers firewall altogether port, still closed but he says that since its connecting to the service and patching now I shouldn't have any problems.

Well now after 3 days some channels have no info in the guide again, so
I started trying to fix the problem my self. I've tried everything possible I even went as far as removing everything out of the network and connecting the MOCA straight to the modem still the port is blocked and no the modem doesn't have any firewall or anything that would block any port.

I have a Tivo premier, a Netgear Mca 1001 v2, and a Motorola sufrboard 6121

any help would be really appreciated its starting to drive me crazy and the people from Suddenlink don't seem to know CRAP about what they are doing.
Byteme285 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 08:37 PM   #2
ShayL

Your TiVo doesn't need an inbound port which is what I assuming you are talking about. Have you tried going into Settings,, Network, and Connect to TiVo Service now? I would try that and see if it connects to the TiVo service.
ShayL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 03:09 PM   #3
Byteme285

Yes as I said in my post it connects to the TIVO network and succeeds loading every time but some channel's still say to be announced. Only problem found is the port 8080 is still being blocked.
Old 07-14-2013, 05:42 PM   #4
ShayL

I still do not understand what port 8080 has to do with anything. The TiVo connects to the service and not the other way around. It take the TiVo several days to full load the guide data and index it. I would force connect several times to expedite the process.
ShayL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 06:09 PM   #5
dianebrat
Uncontrolled Force

Where are you diagnosing the "port 8080" problem?

The fact that your updates that you manually run are not failing tells me your connectivity is good, I suspect the 8080 issue is a red herring. I'm thinking improperly provisioned CableCARD

FWIW the "port 8080 failure" in the The Tivo diagnostics has popped up over time, some folks get it, but it doesn't stop things from working properly, so the diagnosis of red herring is correct, don't go down that path, it's not the real issue.

Last edited by dianebrat : 07-14-2013 at 09:13 PM. Reason: added info
dianebrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 09:57 PM   #6
scandia101
Just the facts ma'am

I have a TiVo HD and a Premiere. The other day I was checking the download rates on my Premiere and I noticed that the port test which is usually done in less than a second was taking a long time and then it failed with the message about how the error could be on tivo's end and to check out tivo.com/errors/c141 which doesn't seem to exist. Then I checked on the HD and the port test failed there too, but with a message about port 8080. According to my router, 8080 is open.
Everything else is working fine, so I'm not worrying about it.
Old 07-16-2013, 11:59 AM   #7
SDLshannon

Hello Byteme285- my name is Connie and I am with Suddenlink. I apologize that you are having trouble with your TiVo port and I would like to look into this issue for you. Please contact me at connie-AT-suddenlink-DOT-com. Thanks! -Connie
SDLshannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 03:11 PM   #8
Byteme285

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDLshannon View Post
Hello Byteme285- my name is Connie and I am with Suddenlink. I apologize that you are having trouble with your TiVo port and I would like to look into this issue for you. Please contact me at connie-AT-suddenlink-DOT-com. Thanks! -Connie
Sent one today thanks for you looking in to my problem
Old 08-12-2013, 07:42 PM   #9
LKMcMillen

Quote:
Originally Posted by scandia101 View Post
I have a TiVo HD and a Premiere. The other day I was checking the download rates on my Premiere and I noticed that the port test which is usually done in less than a second was taking a long time and then it failed with the message about how the error could be on tivo's end and to check out tivo.com/errors/c141 which doesn't seem to exist. Then I checked on the HD and the port test failed there too, but with a message about port 8080. According to my router, 8080 is open.
Everything else is working fine, so I'm not worrying about it.
FWIW: I just finished a telephone conversation with a member of TiVo's technical support staff who informed me that the problems with the TCP Port Test taking so long to run before reporting FAILED, and the missing information for Error C141, are known problems which are currently being worked on.
LKMcMillen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 12:01 AM   #10
Soapm

Did they confirm 8080 was the port? Cuz my hacked Tivo runs TivoWeb on 8080.
Soapm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 01:26 AM   #11
LKMcMillen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soapm View Post
Did they confirm 8080 was the port? Cuz my hacked Tivo runs TivoWeb on 8080.
There was no discussion of Port 8080 as it was not a part of the problem which led to my contacting TiVo for information.
LKMcMillen is offline   Reply With Quote