TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 07-13-2013, 04:58 PM   #1
headless chicken

Question about IFC HD channel

I'm considering upgrading my channel package (if only for a day or two) because Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers is showing on IFC tomorrow. What I'd like to know from someone who receives the IFC channel is, des the IFC HD have a watermark/logo in the corner of the screen?
headless chicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 05:42 PM   #2
wmcbrine
Resistance Useless

Not only that, but nowadays they have commercials. They don't censor, though, which is an unusual combo.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
wmcbrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 06:50 PM   #3
headless chicken

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmcbrine View Post
Not only that, but nowadays they have commercials. They don't censor, though, which is an unusual combo.
Commercials? Seriously? What a disappointment. That's why I never bothered to record Lord of the Rings when it aired on TNT or FX. I thought IFC was commercial-free like any other premium cable channel.

Tomorrow's LotR airing clocks in at 3hrs 45min, while IMDb indicates the unextended cut of the film is 3hrs. Either IFC is airing the 3hr 43 min version or more likely it's just the regular cut with commercials.

Luckily I have the third film on my Tivo from it's airing on Starz/Encore, but I've been waiting forever for the first two to reair on HBO or Showtime.

Last edited by headless chicken : 07-13-2013 at 09:40 PM.
Old 07-13-2013, 10:54 PM   #4
TonyD79

Quote:
Originally Posted by headless chicken View Post

Commercials? Seriously? What a disappointment. That's why I never bothered to record Lord of the Rings when it aired on TNT or FX. I thought IFC was commercial-free like any other premium cable channel.

Tomorrow's LotR airing clocks in at 3hrs 45min, while IMDb indicates the unextended cut of the film is 3hrs. Either IFC is airing the 3hr 43 min version or more likely it's just the regular cut with commercials.

Luckily I have the third film on my Tivo from it's airing on Starz/Encore, but I've been waiting forever for the first two to reair on HBO or Showtime.
You really want it, but the blu ray. It is beautiful.
Old 07-14-2013, 01:34 AM   #5
headless chicken

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyD79 View Post
You really want it, but the blu ray. It is beautiful.
No BluRay player as of now, other than my PS3 which is hooked up to a different TV. If I want to see a movie in HD, it has to be viewed through my S3. Second best option is my OPPO upconverting DVD player.