Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 07-12-2013, 12:29 PM   #31
Jstkiddn
Shutity up up up

Quote:
Originally Posted by hefe View Post
Uh...you didn't realize this..on Big Brother?

Just a hint, it's not the nudity that's going to haunt you later.

Aaryn Gries and Kaitlin Barnaby realize the live feeds can rewind.

Wow. I'm not sure if I should laugh or cry.
Jstkiddn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 12:50 PM   #32
dirtypacman
Coming and going

Wow I was surprised that the girls could pull it off. In my mind I thought the MC was too tight to break in a couple days but I was wrong. I kind of realized Mcrea would drop the crew if it came to them or his new woman because he is living the dream right now with her. I am actually fine that he did because I saw Jeremy and Nick being too confident and controlling in ways and eventually that would not make the others happy. I expected a few more weeks before their collapse but it made for much better television that they did early.

I would have liked to see more of the background to get to the point of obtaining the votes for Nick. Helen really seemed to push for Nick to go and I thought it could really backfire if he stayed. She has a large target on her back from the leftovers of MC and showmances but overall I thought she did a dam good job. THey did not show how much help the others girls really were but Elissa should be thankful that others want to use her for her MVP powers and that Helen is such a good friend.

Its going to be a fun next few episodes and I think your going to see Jeremy's true colors fly and will be bullying everyone. I don't know for sure but he just seems like that is his MO and it already has shown a bit. I think this certainly could be the first week that Elissa does not get MVP but I am not holding my breath. As another had mentioned another week or two in and America will find another person it will want to get behind.
3) PIONEER #810H-S
4) TIVO Series 2 80 Hour

Comcast HD & Digital
home wired network (4) USB200M
dirtypacman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 12:58 PM   #33
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthAlabama View Post
the flip happened just hours before the show aired. if you don't have the live feeds, and want to be in the loop before the show airs, there are several really good online blogs dedicated to the feed viewers, and they can keep you up to date, and there's a thread on tcf. since show production runs several days behind, it might ruin the taped broadcasts for you if you already know the results.

Spoiler:
yesterday was wild online while the vote flipping was in progress, and the drama continued all night after the show.

my 10 online votes for mvp went to helen this week. i think she deserves it most, but amanda and candice were close behind.
And this is a HUGE problem with the show. For most of us who don't watch anything but the broadcast feed, last night was really a WTF moment. I guess CBS didn't have time to edit all that into last night's broadcast. I hope they show it to us on Sunday.
Old 07-12-2013, 01:01 PM   #34
JFriday
"Just The Facts"

I would love to see a close-up of Aryan's butthole puckering after she types her name in google after the show.
JFriday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 01:08 PM   #35
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaunnick View Post
To address some of this I will spoiler what happened that was not aired for you.

Spoiler:
It all starts with Candice and Amanda. They were able to put together that there is a male alliance in the house. They realized this alliance would be running the house from this week forward unless they did something to stop it. They also realized that Nick was either involved or at the head of this alliance. At this point Amanda realized the same as you and everyone else that Elissa WILL continue to win MVP. Why get rid of her when you can be her savior and control that nomination while simultaneously hurting the male alliance?

So Amanda busted her ass along with Andy to pull together Jessie, Candice, Judd, McCrae, herself, Helen, and Elissa into a fragile alliance to keep Elissa and Helen safe and send Nick packing. She also tried to pull in Spencer and Howard. Spencer, Howard and McCrae pledged their allegiance to the MC. However, McCrae, as we now know (we did not before the vote) was going to break from the MC anyway, meaning that Elissa would ahve the votes to stay.

Spencer and Howard worked hard the last two days to make sure that Elissa would get evicted and did EVERYTHING in their power to throw Amanda under the bus. Too late though, Spencer realized that McCrae would flip on the MC and started to panic. So he tried in vain to convince Howard that the MC was over and that if they were to save their necks from Amanda's alliance they would need to vote with that alliance. Howard never had a chance to commit to this new plan because he and Spencer kept getting interrupted. Ultimately you got the split vote from the two of them because they could not get it together. I understand how you feel about Elissa, but the truth of the matter is she ahs not taken her destiny into her own hands. She is a pawn with immense power being used by others in the house. The live feeders were very excited going into last night's episode because we knew there was a strong likelihood that Nick was going home.
I'll address what you said in your spoiler in a spoiler as well:

Spoiler:
CBS did mention that Amanda and Candace had figured it out, but, they didn't show ANY of what you described. So we don't get the idea that they masterminded any of this. In fact they made it look like Helen was the mastermind of the whole thing. Because of this, we get the feeling that Elissa and Helen were running this. Not any of what you said. It's a huge problem I'm having with CBS, especially this year, where it's obvious to me, that they are trying to keep Elissa in the game as long as possible. But from what you're saying she's the pawn being used by Amanda and Candace. The gives me a different view of this whole thing. I STILL think the MVP is ridiculous how it's laid out, but if CBS can air some of what you said, I might still watch.

Old 07-12-2013, 01:08 PM   #36
dirtypacman
Coming and going

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFriday View Post
I would love to see a close-up of Aryan's butthole puckering after she types her name in google after the show.
You know somebody out there is going to make a fake butt hole video saying its footage from BB, Aryan. I would love for her to find that went viral
3) PIONEER #810H-S
4) TIVO Series 2 80 Hour

Comcast HD & Digital
home wired network (4) USB200M
dirtypacman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 01:08 PM   #37
NorthAlabama
tabasco rules

Quote:
Uh...you didn't realize this..on Big Brother?
Just a hint, it's not the nudity that's going to haunt you later.
loved this clip, thanks for sharing. you could almost see a light bulb illuminate in aaryn's shallow mind.

who knows what it's going to take to make aaryn feel differently about the sum of what she's said in the house, but i doubt youtube compilations will make any progress or promote real change. her reactions until now have been to play the victim and deflect attention away from herself and back to her accusers - unsuccessfully so far.

i get the feeling the behavior is so deeply ingrained into her way of thinking that any challenge to those beliefs will fall on deaf ears. i also suspect she is surrounded with others that have similar views outside the house, and those views have never been seriously challenged, like she's in an isolation bubble. i hope eventually she realizes there are different opinions out there and reconsiders her beliefs, but it will have to come from her wanting the info, not from others forcing it.

The truth will set you free. But not until it is finished with you. - David Foster Wallace
NorthAlabama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 01:11 PM   #38
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey

Quote:
I don't think it's a given that Elissa will continue to win MVP. Early, sure, she's got the recognizable name, but now a couple weeks have gone by, and others have done things...at this point, if I was voting, I'd vote for Helen for gameplay, or Howie to arm him against Aryan.
The thing is, Rachael is out there tweeting her heart out trying to get votes. No one else has that kind of clout. I hope you are right, but at least for the short term I don't see her losing the MVP vote. And with her ally as HoH, they control the house.

Now realize that the first week, they chose someone that the MC wanted out, and this week, they went with those who figured out the MC. So who's to say they don't flip back away from those people. That's why I still think they can control the house with that kind of power.
Old 07-12-2013, 01:15 PM   #39
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jstkiddn View Post
Maybe he did a hand gesture?
That's what I assumed. Middle finger up
Old 07-12-2013, 01:20 PM   #40
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtypacman View Post
Wow I was surprised that the girls could pull it off. In my mind I thought the MC was too tight to break in a couple days but I was wrong. I kind of realized Mcrea would drop the crew if it came to them or his new woman because he is living the dream right now with her. I am actually fine that he did because I saw Jeremy and Nick being too confident and controlling in ways and eventually that would not make the others happy. I expected a few more weeks before their collapse but it made for much better television that they did early.

I would have liked to see more of the background to get to the point of obtaining the votes for Nick. Helen really seemed to push for Nick to go and I thought it could really backfire if he stayed. She has a large target on her back from the leftovers of MC and showmances but overall I thought she did a dam good job. THey did not show how much help the others girls really were but Elissa should be thankful that others want to use her for her MVP powers and that Helen is such a good friend.

Its going to be a fun next few episodes and I think your going to see Jeremy's true colors fly and will be bullying everyone. I don't know for sure but he just seems like that is his MO and it already has shown a bit. I think this certainly could be the first week that Elissa does not get MVP but I am not holding my breath. As another had mentioned another week or two in and America will find another person it will want to get behind.
To me, the MC as a group just wasn't too bright. The first mistake was that they didn't vote Elissa off when the house wanted her gone. By not doing that, and not really cluing anyone else in on it, they showed their alliance. It's like they've never watched another season of BB before. Early on, if the majority of the house seem to want someone gone, you vote that way. It's keeps your alliance under the radar. All they did was make some of the smarter houseguests think...hmmmm....who wouldn't have voted for Elissa? And once they sussed it out. That was the end of them.
Old 07-12-2013, 01:57 PM   #41
Shaunnick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steveknj View Post
I'll address what you said in your spoiler in a spoiler as well:

Spoiler:
CBS did mention that Amanda and Candace had figured it out, but, they didn't show ANY of what you described. So we don't get the idea that they masterminded any of this. In fact they made it look like Helen was the mastermind of the whole thing. Because of this, we get the feeling that Elissa and Helen were running this. Not any of what you said. It's a huge problem I'm having with CBS, especially this year, where it's obvious to me, that they are trying to keep Elissa in the game as long as possible. But from what you're saying she's the pawn being used by Amanda and Candace. The gives me a different view of this whole thing. I STILL think the MVP is ridiculous how it's laid out, but if CBS can air some of what you said, I might still watch.
Just to clarify...

Spoiler:
Candice is not really with Amanda. There was a big chance last night could not have gone down as it did. The group who voted out Nick was extremely fractious. No one in the house really likes Candice. Several feel bad for her and the way Aaryn talks to her, but Candice is not exactly a peach to be around either. She has no power in the house. She just happened to work out with Amanda the truth of the male alliance. And Amanda is only truly aligned with McCrae. Several people in the house are not very fond of her. She has a very tight relationship with Helen and Andy, but that is all it is. No formal loyalty claims have been laid between the group that voted out Nick last night. Amanda and McCrae want to use Elissa, and Andy is happy with that strategy also. Helen and Elissa are genuine friends and the first few weeks in the house have bonded over the meanness that has been put upon them.

Jesse and Judd are the remaining outcasts in the house and have drifted toward each other because they fit in no where else. However they know that Aaryn's crew is awful and so want to work with Amanda, Andy, McCrae, Helen, and Elissa.

Shaunnick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 02:04 PM   #42
hefe
Rebus Philbin

Quote:

i get the feeling the behavior is so deeply ingrained into her way of thinking that any challenge to those beliefs will fall on deaf ears. i also suspect she is surrounded with others that have similar views outside the house, and those views have never been seriously challenged, like she's in an isolation bubble. i hope eventually she realizes there are different opinions out there and reconsiders her beliefs, but it will have to come from her wanting the info, not from others forcing it.
I think she's in for quite a shock. All anyone is going to ask her about when she gets out is her bigotry. I don't think she has a clue what people think on the outside.

Hefe's a cruel man, but fair.~edhara
That hefe, he's really smart!~Fish Man
hefe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 02:05 PM   #43
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey

Quote:
Just to clarify...

Spoiler:
Candice is not really with Amanda. There was a big chance last night could not have gone down as it did. The group who voted out Nick was extremely fractious. No one in the house really likes Candice. Several feel bad for her and the way Aaryn talks to her, but Candice is not exactly a peach to be around either. She has no power in the house. She just happened to work out with Amanda the truth of the male alliance. And Amanda is only truly aligned with McCrae. Several people in the house are not very fond of her. She has a very tight relationship with Helen and Andy, but that is all it is. No formal loyalty claims have been laid between the group that voted out Nick last night. Amanda and McCrae want to use Elissa, and Andy is happy with that strategy also. Helen and Elissa are genuine friends and the first few weeks in the house have bonded over the meanness that has been put upon them.

Jesse and Judd are the remaining outcasts in the house and have drifted toward each other because they fit in no where else. However they know that Aaryn's crew is awful and so want to work with Amanda, Andy, McCrae, Helen, and Elissa.
Again I'll spoiler to comment:

Spoiler:
What you said leads more credence to Elissa and Helen running the house then (with Amanda perhaps). When you consider that Elissa was siding with the MC the first week and against them the second, with BOTH sides thinking that Elissa is the pawn and can be made to do their bidding. In fact, Helen to me is the only one running Elissa. They may be friends but Helen is seeing the advantages of doing what they did. I give her a lot of props, and I hope Elissa will go so I can actually see Helen win these MVPs. CBS is doing a terrible job of laying any of this out though. Instead we get more of the nonsense and less of actually is going on.

Old 07-12-2013, 02:51 PM   #44
NorthAlabama
tabasco rules

Quote:
So, I really believe the fix is in...If she wins AGAIN, I think I'm done with this season.
i can see why you're calling it fixed with the mvp and third nom, but remember, production put those opportunities out there for suspicions that have proven right - elissa has been on the block two weeks in a row, and on the receiving end of a bit of animosity.

sure, it's partly her fault (lying about rachel and mvp), but her sis did put a big target on her back, and if she was going to have any chance of surviving week one (and continue as productions transparent attempt to lure viewers this year), she was going to need a little help.

i'm hoping the mvp will change sooner than later myself.

The truth will set you free. But not until it is finished with you. - David Foster Wallace
NorthAlabama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 03:50 PM   #45
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey

Quote:
i can see why you're calling it fixed with the mvp and third nom, but remember, production put those opportunities out there for suspicions that have proven right - elissa has been on the block two weeks in a row, and on the receiving end of a bit of animosity.

sure, it's partly her fault (lying about rachel and mvp), but her sis did put a big target on her back, and if she was going to have any chance of surviving week one (and continue as productions transparent attempt to lure viewers this year), she was going to need a little help.

i'm hoping the mvp will change sooner than later myself.
Sure CBS or the producers HAD to know that she was going to win this at least the first couple of weeks, which guaranteed she's going to get a foothold in the game. Let's put it this way. If there's no MVP, she would almost certainly have gone home week one. And if somehow she didn't, she goes home week two. She was able to save herself because she latched on to smart players. She bought herself at LEAST three weeks in the house (doubtful she goes this week with Helen HoH and her probably winning MVP.)

And I wouldn't be surprised if she got voted out, if they found a way to bring her back.
Old 07-12-2013, 03:54 PM   #46
Alfer
WOOSAH!

Quote:
Sure CBS or the producers HAD to know that she was going to win this at least the first couple of weeks, which guaranteed she's going to get a foothold in the game. Let's put it this way. If there's no MVP, she would almost certainly have gone home week one. And if somehow she didn't, she goes home week two. She was able to save herself because she latched on to smart players. She bought herself at LEAST three weeks in the house (doubtful she goes this week with Helen HoH and her probably winning MVP.)

And I wouldn't be surprised if she got voted out, if they found a way to bring her back.
Oh!! I know what would REALLY make your day...having her AND sis show back up in the house!!!
Old 07-12-2013, 03:57 PM   #47
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfer View Post
Oh!! I know what would REALLY make your day...having her AND sis show back up in the house!!!
Her SIS is a lock to show up, especially if Elissa is still there.
Old 07-12-2013, 04:33 PM   #48
WhiskeyTango

Quote:
Her SIS is a lock to show up, especially if Elissa is still there.
Dude, you're obsessed. Seriously.
WhiskeyTango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 06:02 PM   #49
hummingbird_206

Quote:
I don't think it's a given that Elissa will continue to win MVP. Early, sure, she's got the recognizable name, but now a couple weeks have gone by, and others have done things...at this point, if I was voting, I'd vote for Helen for gameplay, or Howie to arm him against Aryan.
Yep, Helen really should get MVP this week.

Quote:
Elissa will continue to win because Rachel has a twitter army ready to vote for Elissa week in and week out.
But even if Helen doesn't get it, she will tell Elissa who to put up if Elissa gets it again.

I thought it was interesting at the end of the show that Elissa and Aaryn were standing alone talking to each other. Would like to know what they said to each other!
hummingbird_206 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 07:13 PM   #50
Cainebj

I don't think Elissa is going to win MVP every week.
The first week yes. The second week? Understandable because how badly she was treated the first week.

As someone else mentioned we are only beginning to get to know the rest of the cast.

I missed the episode before this - can anyone tell me -
did Elissa tell people she was the MVP again or did she keep her mouth shut this time?
I thought that was one of the biggest bad game moves the first week.
Cainebj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 08:48 PM   #51
GoPackGo

She told Helen. AFAIK that is all.
GoPackGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 09:30 PM   #52
gossamer88
HDTV Snob

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoPackGo View Post
She told Helen. AFAIK that is all.
She told Nick as well in hoping he would purposely throw the Veto.
gossamer88 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 11:13 PM   #53
Dnamertz

Quote:
So, I really believe the fix is in. They come up with this scheme for MVP which completely changes the game. Of course they implement it knowing full well that the sister of a very popular player (or at least one who is popular enough to affect the vote) is playing and is VERY likely going to win this EVERY week. So this player, who has done nothing in the house, except being Rachel's sister is controlling the game. She hasn't won a competition, so she hasn't earned her standing in the house. If she wins AGAIN, I think I'm done with this season.
It wouldn't surprise me if the MVP was the "fix" created this season when they knew they were bringing in the relative of a former HG...the fix was definitely in the season when Rachael won. However, I like the MVP. It prevents the HoH from having complete control over who goes home if that HoH is part of a large alliance. I've always thought the viewer should have a bigger influence on the show...HGs should be held accountable for thier behavior when other HGs aren't looking/listening...after all, it is called "Big Brother" because they are being watched all the time, and the people watching them is us.
Dnamertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 06:03 AM   #54
IndyJones1023
Documentarianologist

So, they showed Aaryn saying that she noticed the black fish seemed to avoid the white fish. There's more to her racist comments than that, right?
Old 07-13-2013, 07:11 AM   #55
Martha

There's a story in this week's Entertainment Weekly about all of the bigotry and there's also a story on Drudge Report about it.

I don't know what's more despicable - Aryan and GM's behavior or the fact that the producers are milking it for ratings.
Martha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 07:54 AM   #56
nyny523
Oy

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyJones1023 View Post
So, they showed Aaryn saying that she noticed the black fish seemed to avoid the white fish. There's more to her racist comments than that, right?
Oh. Hells. Yes.
Old 07-13-2013, 07:56 AM   #57
nyny523
Oy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martha View Post
There's a story in this week's Entertainment Weekly about all of the bigotry and there's also a story on Drudge Report about it.

I don't know what's more despicable - Aryan and GM's behavior or the fact that the producers are milking it for ratings.
I actually give the producers credit. This crap is happening all over the live feeds, and they could easily bury it in their edits, but they aren't.

And FWIW, what is going on is WAY worse than the few parts they are showing us...
Old 07-13-2013, 09:07 AM   #58
Cainebj

I don't know if this has aired yet but here's a interesting segment where Aaryn gangs up on Candice and Howard steps in to stop the situation from escalating

The entire atmosphere is downright hostile on so many levels

http://www.tmz.com/2013/07/12/big-br...ard-ginamarie/

Last edited by Cainebj : 07-13-2013 at 09:08 AM. Reason: more
Cainebj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 09:43 AM   #59
Bob Coxner

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyny523 View Post
I actually give the producers credit. This crap is happening all over the live feeds, and they could easily bury it in their edits, but they aren't.

And FWIW, what is going on is WAY worse than the few parts they are showing us...
I wouldn't give the producers too much credit. All of this controversy has been gold for the ratings and they're going to milk it for all it's worth now.
Bob Coxner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 09:52 AM   #60
WhiskeyTango

The ratings are about the same that they have been for past seasons. Any uptick has been marginal at best.
WhiskeyTango is offline   Reply With Quote