Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 07-11-2013, 09:59 PM   #1
Shaunnick

Big Brother 7/11/2013

So...

That happened.

I was hoping for a little more fireworks, but I will take stunned silence.
Shaunnick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 10:01 PM   #2
Crow159
Winter is Coming...

It wasn't complete silence. There was some sobbing.
Old 07-11-2013, 10:10 PM   #3
tigercat74
Lets go Bengals!!!!!

You know most of the fireworks will happen on next episode.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
tigercat74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 10:18 PM   #4
2004raptor

Glad nick is gone. Gina Marie should be embarrassed.

Overall I think I'm rooting for Howard to win but I actually am warming up a bit to Elissa. She isn't nearly as annoying as rachael was.

Next week either Aaron or Jeremy goes. Hopefully Jeremy.
2004raptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 10:28 PM   #5
mdougie

Such a great season. Glad to see nick go.
mdougie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 10:34 PM   #6
nyny523
Oy

Well that was fun.

Sorry to see Nick go, but loved how shocked Aryan and Jeremy were. One of them is gone for sure next week...hurray!!
Old 07-11-2013, 10:36 PM   #7
gossamer88
HDTV Snob

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdougie View Post
Such a great season. Glad to see nick go.
Me too! A friggin' Dan wannabee. Goodbye to his arrogant ass!

BTW, loved Helen consoling GinaMarie. Smart girl.

You could've sworn someone in the house died!
gossamer88 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 10:42 PM   #8
Ment

Have they ever fished the broadcast show before? GM lost it!
Ment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 10:48 PM   #9
Shaunnick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ment View Post
Have they ever fished the broadcast show before? GM lost it!
It has happened before. I know it happened at least once last season. I am trying to recall who got sent home.
Old 07-11-2013, 11:33 PM   #10
NorthAlabama
tabasco rules

yeah, gm was on total meltdown mode after nick's eviction...hope she packed extra meds for the occaision, and doesn't self evict.

so glad helen won hoh, she worked her butt off to swing tonight's vote. amanda deserves a big chunk of credit, too. of course, elissa will probably win mvp anyway, but that's ok - those three play well off each other.

The truth will set you free. But not until it is finished with you. - David Foster Wallace
NorthAlabama is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 12:17 AM   #11
DancnDude
Thrice as nice

That was so great! Glad to see Helen win HoH. The only bad thing about Alissa not going home is seeing her win MVP again. I wish the same person couldn't get it twice in a row. I don't mind Alissa, but don't want to see the same person get it every week. Who else has the best chance?
Old 07-12-2013, 12:40 AM   #12
verdugan

Can Ayrin me that clueless? I can't wait to see her exit interview. Although, if I was in the house, I would take her to the final 2 because I'm confident I'd beat her.
verdugan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 07:30 AM   #13
dimented
Comfortably Numb

Why did they flash to fish for a few seconds? What was happening that they couldn't show?
Old 07-12-2013, 07:43 AM   #14
loubob57
Cancer sucks!

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crow159 View Post
It wasn't complete silence. There was some sobbing.
There was A LOT of sobbing. It detracted from the shocked reactions I was expecting to see from Aaryn and Jeremy. I think Helen ought to get MVP even though she won HoH. Elissa will get it again, but I can hope. As has been said it won't really matter since they are pretty much allied anyway.
Old 07-12-2013, 08:10 AM   #15
Jstkiddn
Shutity up up up

Quote:
Originally Posted by dimented View Post
Why did they flash to fish for a few seconds? What was happening that they couldn't show?
I have a feeling Jeremy said a bleepable word.
Jstkiddn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 08:18 AM   #16
Shaunnick

Quote:
Fish is what you often get on the live feeds when things happen that they want to censor. On the live feeds that would be singing copyrighted material, talking about BB production, talking about the personal lives of famous people that the houseguests may know...

During the live shows production will hit the censor button if someone swears or a physical altercation takes place. I would imagine someone said something so we got a moment of fish.
Old 07-12-2013, 08:18 AM   #17
dimented
Comfortably Numb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jstkiddn View Post
I have a feeling Jeremy said a bleepable word.
But usually if it is just swearing then just the audio drops out for a second.
Old 07-12-2013, 08:52 AM   #18
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey

So, I really believe the fix is in. They come up with this scheme for MVP which completely changes the game. Of course they implement it knowing full well that the sister of a very popular player (or at least one who is popular enough to affect the vote) is playing and is VERY likely going to win this EVERY week. So this player, who has done nothing in the house, except being Rachel's sister is controlling the game. She hasn't won a competition, so she hasn't earned her standing in the house. If she wins AGAIN, I think I'm done with this season.

Nick screwed the pooch really, so he has nobody to blame but himself. First of all, when Elissa cornered him and asked if he was going to vote for her, he should have said no. Then when she's gone, he would have a better chance of controlling the situation. As long as Elissa is in the house, she controls the game, and that's my second point. He needed to go around to everyone and say just that. Elissa will win MVP every week and then control the game. Tell everyone that keeping her around is dangerous for their game, because she ultimately will win.

Maybe I'm missing something but when and why did Spencer flip on the MC? I didn't see that coming.

So for McRae...boobs beats bros huh? Seems the strategy of keeping the MC alliance and cultivating sub alliances through show-mances is not working huh?

GinaMarie....get a grip girl!!! Based on the previous episode, was Nick even interested in her? I never got that impression. Was she just totally delusional or were those crocodile tears?

On the bright side...Arryin (or maybe Jeremy) will be most likely gone, with Helen as HoH and Elissa as MVP, that's almost a foregone conclusion, especially if Helen finds out about her comments. Speaking of which, how come they are only showing HER racist comments. Apparently she's not the only one.

This goes to prove, playing for revenge NEVER is a good strategy.

Really...a good season? hardly!! To me a good season is when there's a really strong and entertaining player. I don't see one out of this crowd.
Old 07-12-2013, 09:58 AM   #19
Alfer
WOOSAH!

I agree, the MVP thing is pretty much rigged. Gonna get old seeing her get all giggly each week that she wins.

I like though that Nick got blindsided, makes for a bit more interesting TV than just the cliched getting rid of Rachels (sp) sister etc.

On a side note, Nick reminds me of the Travis Bickle character from Taxi Driveras in he looks like him.
Old 07-12-2013, 09:59 AM   #20
JFriday
"Just The Facts"

Everytime I see the name Aaryn I see it as Aryan, is her last name Brotherhood?
JFriday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 10:08 AM   #21
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFriday View Post
Everytime I see the name Aaryn I see it as Aryan, is her last name Brotherhood?
If the spelling fits......
Old 07-12-2013, 10:12 AM   #22
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfer View Post
I agree, the MVP thing is pretty much rigged. Gonna get old seeing her get all giggly each week that she wins.

I like though that Nick got blindsided, makes for a bit more interesting TV than just the cliched getting rid of Rachels (sp) sister etc.

On a side note, Nick reminds me of the Travis Bickle character from Taxi Driveras in he looks like him.
I'm totally fine with blindsides, but as a viewer, I'd like to be "in" on it. I didn't have any clue Spencer was going to bail on the WC. That bothered me (as a viewer).

Look, I have to admit that my hatred of Rachel as my least favorite BB houseguest of all time, and the ONLY houseguest to ever have me quit on a season might be clouding my judgement on her sister. But I've seen NO evidence that Elissa is deserving of the power she's gotten, and both time, she actually did someone else's bidding. Now, as the game goes along, if she keeps winning MVP, she's going to become MORE AND MORE powerful.
Old 07-12-2013, 11:46 AM   #23
NorthAlabama
tabasco rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steveknj View Post
I'm totally fine with blindsides, but as a viewer, I'd like to be "in" on it. I didn't have any clue Spencer was going to bail on the WC. That bothered me (as a viewer)
the flip happened just hours before the show aired. if you don't have the live feeds, and want to be in the loop before the show airs, there are several really good online blogs dedicated to the feed viewers, and they can keep you up to date, and there's a thread on tcf. since show production runs several days behind, it might ruin the taped broadcasts for you if you already know the results.

Spoiler:
yesterday was wild online while the vote flipping was in progress, and the drama continued all night after the show.

my 10 online votes for mvp went to helen this week. i think she deserves it most, but amanda and candice were close behind.

The truth will set you free. But not until it is finished with you. - David Foster Wallace
NorthAlabama is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 11:54 AM   #24
hefe
Rebus Philbin

Quote:
Originally Posted by verdugan View Post
Can Ayrin me that clueless? I can't wait to see her exit interview. Although, if I was in the house, I would take her to the final 2 because I'm confident I'd beat her.
This is one of the few cases where I just want the villain out. Some villains are entertaining. Aryan (oops, I misspelled) is not entertaining. I hope she's out before jury.

Hefe's a cruel man, but fair.~edhara
That hefe, he's really smart!~Fish Man
hefe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 12:02 PM   #25
Shaunnick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steveknj View Post
So, I really believe the fix is in. They come up with this scheme for MVP which completely changes the game. Of course they implement it knowing full well that the sister of a very popular player (or at least one who is popular enough to affect the vote) is playing and is VERY likely going to win this EVERY week. So this player, who has done nothing in the house, except being Rachel's sister is controlling the game. She hasn't won a competition, so she hasn't earned her standing in the house. If she wins AGAIN, I think I'm done with this season.

Nick screwed the pooch really, so he has nobody to blame but himself. First of all, when Elissa cornered him and asked if he was going to vote for her, he should have said no. Then when she's gone, he would have a better chance of controlling the situation. As long as Elissa is in the house, she controls the game, and that's my second point. He needed to go around to everyone and say just that. Elissa will win MVP every week and then control the game. Tell everyone that keeping her around is dangerous for their game, because she ultimately will win.

Maybe I'm missing something but when and why did Spencer flip on the MC? I didn't see that coming.

So for McRae...boobs beats bros huh? Seems the strategy of keeping the MC alliance and cultivating sub alliances through show-mances is not working huh?

GinaMarie....get a grip girl!!! Based on the previous episode, was Nick even interested in her? I never got that impression. Was she just totally delusional or were those crocodile tears?

On the bright side...Arryin (or maybe Jeremy) will be most likely gone, with Helen as HoH and Elissa as MVP, that's almost a foregone conclusion, especially if Helen finds out about her comments. Speaking of which, how come they are only showing HER racist comments. Apparently she's not the only one.

This goes to prove, playing for revenge NEVER is a good strategy.

Really...a good season? hardly!! To me a good season is when there's a really strong and entertaining player. I don't see one out of this crowd.
To address some of this I will spoiler what happened that was not aired for you.

Spoiler:
It all starts with Candice and Amanda. They were able to put together that there is a male alliance in the house. They realized this alliance would be running the house from this week forward unless they did something to stop it. They also realized that Nick was either involved or at the head of this alliance. At this point Amanda realized the same as you and everyone else that Elissa WILL continue to win MVP. Why get rid of her when you can be her savior and control that nomination while simultaneously hurting the male alliance?

So Amanda busted her ass along with Andy to pull together Jessie, Candice, Judd, McCrae, herself, Helen, and Elissa into a fragile alliance to keep Elissa and Helen safe and send Nick packing. She also tried to pull in Spencer and Howard. Spencer, Howard and McCrae pledged their allegiance to the MC. However, McCrae, as we now know (we did not before the vote) was going to break from the MC anyway, meaning that Elissa would ahve the votes to stay.

Spencer and Howard worked hard the last two days to make sure that Elissa would get evicted and did EVERYTHING in their power to throw Amanda under the bus. Too late though, Spencer realized that McCrae would flip on the MC and started to panic. So he tried in vain to convince Howard that the MC was over and that if they were to save their necks from Amanda's alliance they would need to vote with that alliance. Howard never had a chance to commit to this new plan because he and Spencer kept getting interrupted. Ultimately you got the split vote from the two of them because they could not get it together. I understand how you feel about Elissa, but the truth of the matter is she ahs not taken her destiny into her own hands. She is a pawn with immense power being used by others in the house. The live feeders were very excited going into last night's episode because we knew there was a strong likelihood that Nick was going home.

Old 07-12-2013, 12:06 PM   #26
hefe
Rebus Philbin

I don't think it's a given that Elissa will continue to win MVP. Early, sure, she's got the recognizable name, but now a couple weeks have gone by, and others have done things...at this point, if I was voting, I'd vote for Helen for gameplay, or Howie to arm him against Aryan.

Old 07-12-2013, 12:18 PM   #27
vertigo235

I've never voted before and I voted today for Howie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
vertigo235 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 12:22 PM   #28
hefe
Rebus Philbin

Uh...you didn't realize this..on Big Brother?

Just a hint, it's not the nudity that's going to haunt you later.

Aaryn Gries and Kaitlin Barnaby realize the live feeds can rewind.

Old 07-12-2013, 12:24 PM   #29
Jstkiddn
Shutity up up up

Quote:
But usually if it is just swearing then just the audio drops out for a second.
Maybe he did a hand gesture?
Jstkiddn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 12:26 PM   #30
Shaunnick

Quote:
Originally Posted by hefe View Post
I don't think it's a given that Elissa will continue to win MVP. Early, sure, she's got the recognizable name, but now a couple weeks have gone by, and others have done things...at this point, if I was voting, I'd vote for Helen for gameplay, or Howie to arm him against Aryan.
Elissa will continue to win because Rachel has a twitter army ready to vote for Elissa week in and week out.