TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Help Center
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 07-11-2013, 11:23 PM   #1
MaxH42

Strange issue tranferring shows between TiVos

I've noticed a strange problem; many times when I go to transfer a show from my TiVo (HD) to my TiVo (Premiere), it will say that that show is already transferring when I know it cannot be transferring. I saw it just now with a show that recorded last night, and I haven't transferred any shows from the Premiere to the HD in weeks.

I can always choose "Stop Transfer", then I can transfer the show, but I don't understand why the HD so often thinks it's transferring a show when it's not. This never seems to happen the other way around, as my daughter transfers shows from the HD to the Premiere frequently, and she's never told me that she can't start the transfer.

The shows I usually transfer are shows no one else in my house watches, and my daughter is old enough to use the remote responsibly.

It's a minor annoyance, but I know it shouldn't be happening, so I find myself wanting to fix it or at least narrow down the issue that's causing this problem.

So, any ideas? Anyone else seeing this?
MaxH42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 12:49 AM   #2
scandia101
Just the facts ma'am

I think you may need to clarify which tivo you are transferring from and to.
You first say HD to P has problems, but then you say it happened and you hadn't transferred anything from the P to the HD in weeks - which is opposite the problem you first describe but the you say it doesn't happen when your daughter transfers the other direction from the HD to the P

So which one has problems, P to HD or HD to P?
Have you tried restarting both Tivos?
Old 10-08-2013, 09:47 AM   #3
MaxH42

Sorry, I hadn't had notifications set up properly (I do now), so I didn't see this for a while.

Transferring shows from P>HD (initiated via the HD) causes this issue to occur quite often, probably for around 50% of all transfers. I've never seen it for transfers HD>P (which would be initiated from the Premiere). This has occurred since I've had the Premiere, which is around 6 months now, so it's persistent after many reboots.
MaxH42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 10:12 AM   #4
cjgadd3

I have the same problem. Transferring from premiere to HD causes the same issue. From HD to premier is fine. I just live with it.
cjgadd3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 07:34 AM   #5
steve614
what ru lookin at?

I don't have a Premiere, but I have had something similar happen when transferring from my other Tivo HD.
The difference is I only see this when I have already started the first transfer.
When I go in to set up transfer #2, the Tivo tells me that the show is already transferring.
The fix is to back out of that transfer screen and then re-enter.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

F*CK CANCER!
steve614 is offline   Reply With Quote