TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Help Center
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 07-09-2013, 12:33 PM   #1
dmcghee

Problem accessing channels

For the past several days I have not been able to access all my channels. I get most, but not some.

I get a message that says Trouble accessing channel (V53).

I have unplugged Tivo, and tunning adapter. Tested the channels on my cable card (they were all there)

I am with Cox Cable San Diego South County -- they tried sending signals to Tivo...did not resolve.

Please advise. Thanks.
dmcghee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 08:03 PM   #2
Phil Broughton

Tuning Adapter Problems, also....

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmcghee View Post
For the past several days I have not been able to access all my channels. I get most, but not some.

I get a message that says Trouble accessing channel (V53).

I have unplugged Tivo, and tunning adapter. Tested the channels on my cable card (they were all there)

I am with Cox Cable San Diego South County -- they tried sending signals to Tivo...did not resolve.

Please advise. Thanks.
I am in Cox North and have had this problem frequently.

When you reboot the TA after 2 minutes unplugged, how long does it take to reboot, ie, going from various flashing modes back to a solid green? I could usually restore my channels if the TA went through a 5-7 minute boot time.

Recently, this also didn't work for me, being unable to restore 1057, AMD HD. The Cox techs spent quite a bit of time with my system and were dissatisfied with my signals levels and balance and changed amps and attenuators with different equipment until they were satisfied.

This is only one week without a reboot, but I am hopeful........

Might be time to ask for a service call; good luck.
Phil Broughton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 08:26 PM   #3
CoxInPHX
COX Communications

My Cisco TA boot time from power-up to the TiVo TA Connected screen is always 15 minutes.

The following should be of some assistance:
Cisco Tuning Adapter Status Troubleshooting

Tuning Adapter Reset:
1. Unplug the USB of the TA to the TiVo
2. Unplug the AC to the TA (not the TiVo)
3. Wait three minutes
4. Plug in the Power to the TA BUT NOT the USB
5. Wait three minutes. The TA should on it's own acquire its IP address (changes in the rate of flashing of the green led from slow to fast).
6. Plug in the USB to the TA from the TiVo
From this point it takes 15 minutes for my TiVos to recognize the TA is connected.

I have had a few occasions where the above steps did not resolve the issue, but holding in the power button on the front for 15 -30 seconds did, so you might give that a shot too.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by CoxInPHX : 07-11-2013 at 09:09 PM.
CoxInPHX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 10:40 PM   #4
dmcghee

Thanks, Phil. Had Cox techs out, and now I can't connect to the internet through Tivo at all. Waiting on a new Moca to see if that solves problem. Not happy with Cox...don't think they like to play with Tivo.
Old 07-11-2013, 10:41 PM   #5
dmcghee

Thanks, CoxInPhx. I will try that.