Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 07-11-2013, 09:22 AM   #1
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey

Big Brother 7/10/13

No thread yet?

Maybe I'm missing something, but is Helen/Elissa completely discounting the fact that even with an MVP candidate on the block she might still be the primary target this week? They seem to figure whoever they put up will automatically be getting enough votes.

Not liking Nick up there. I'm not quite sure why he didn't lie to Elissa and say he wouldn't vote her off and then just do it. The original deal wasn't that Nick wouldn't vote for her, was it? I thought it was just that if he threw the competition, he was safe for two weeks. I might have missed where he wasn't supposed to vote for her either. Can enough girls turn on the boys to make Nick the target?

I don't watch the after hours or live feed, but I've been reading more and more about how bigoted this cast is. I don't know if this is different than other casts or not. Maybe it's because they are young and have not learned to filter their thoughts yet or not. I don't think there's any spoilers here unless off camera comments that have no effect on the game outcome are, but here's an article which lists some of the comments.

http://www.realityblurred.com/realitytv/

DON'T READ IF YOU THINK THIS IS A SPOILER! As SOME bigoted comments came out in a previous episode, I feel it's fair game.
Old 07-11-2013, 09:58 AM   #2
gossamer88
HDTV Snob

Really dumb of Elissa to put Jeremy up. Put any other strong player that might possibly win the Veto and back-door Jeremy.
gossamer88 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 10:07 AM   #3
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey

Again, I reiterate. The MVP, as constructed is not working...unless the producers intention was to let "famous sibling with large following outside the house" run the game. I just don't think it's fair, that, for reasons outside the house that Elissa should get MVP every week. If there was no Elissa I could see this working well, we here someone would EARN MVP every week. And the players know this. Really, it's another reason of the Moving Co. were smart, they bring this to everyone's attention. The longer Elissa stays in the house, the longer she controls the game because of the MVP. She needs to go to make the game fair. The MVP should not be allowed to win in consecutive weeks, same as HoH. Either that, you change it up so the MVP puts up someone, but if they are vetoed off, the HoH (or the vetoed person) gets to put up the replacement.

Now, without a famous person in the house, it would be a lot harder to decipher who the MVP is, and thus it could work properly as is. As constructed, it gives Elissa an unfair advantage, unless the house is smart enough to realize it, and get her butt out of there.
Old 07-11-2013, 10:18 AM   #4
Shaunnick

She should have put up Kaitlyn and back doored Jeremy. Of course we know that, knowing about the MC. Putting up Nick was a bad move. It more or less seals her fate as the MC will move to protect Nick.
Shaunnick is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 10:39 AM   #5
loubob57
Cancer sucks!

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steveknj View Post
Now, without a famous person in the house, it would be a lot harder to decipher who the MVP is, and thus it could work properly as is. As constructed, it gives Elissa an unfair advantage, unless the house is smart enough to realize it, and get her butt out of there.
I think you'll get your wish tonight. I don't see how Elissa doesn't get evicted. We shall see.
Old 07-11-2013, 11:21 AM   #6
dirtypacman
Coming and going

I really don't see Elissa staying either. I was pulling for her just because its causing a ton of drama in the house and that is half the entertainment. I am surprised she could not use her brain a bit more to try and see who may be working with whom. Candice seems to have the hunch but not doing a good enough job pushing the fact that there is a very strong male alliance that has to be dealt with IMMEDIATELY. Of course that would put a huge target on her back so I can understand why she would do it a bit more subtle as she is doing now. Problem is in another week or two they will not be able to gather the votes they need because they waited to long and the "boys" will have made side alliances strong enough to keep them around.

I agree the MVP is not working as it should in the game with a celebrity returning players family involved. Or CBS could have intended it to work just that way.

Tonight will be interesting more to see how Nick handles himself on the block and what the girls do to try and shead light on the power alliance in the house. Most interesting will be the HOH competition and where the power will reside for next weeks nominees.
3) PIONEER #810H-S
4) TIVO Series 2 80 Hour

Comcast HD & Digital
home wired network (4) USB200M
dirtypacman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 12:26 PM   #7
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtypacman View Post
I really don't see Elissa staying either. I was pulling for her just because its causing a ton of drama in the house and that is half the entertainment. I am surprised she could not use her brain a bit more to try and see who may be working with whom. Candice seems to have the hunch but not doing a good enough job pushing the fact that there is a very strong male alliance that has to be dealt with IMMEDIATELY. Of course that would put a huge target on her back so I can understand why she would do it a bit more subtle as she is doing now. Problem is in another week or two they will not be able to gather the votes they need because they waited to long and the "boys" will have made side alliances strong enough to keep them around.

I agree the MVP is not working as it should in the game with a celebrity returning players family involved. Or CBS could have intended it to work just that way.

Tonight will be interesting more to see how Nick handles himself on the block and what the girls do to try and shead light on the power alliance in the house. Most interesting will be the HOH competition and where the power will reside for next weeks nominees.
I feel that Nick is trying to play the "Dan" game, so we'll see if he can play the game that way while he's on the block. Dan was THE MASTER at getting himself either off the block or not voted out. Dan though would have promised Elissa she was not going. He would have worded it as such that she would think that, while actually not saying that.

On one hand, starting to break up the Moving Co. now would be a smart move by the girls, but I don't think they are very united. In fact 2 or 3 of the girls are in "sort of" alliances for a few members of the MC. It's why I was so curious why Elissa and Helen are convinced they could get enough votes. If they do, I'll give them a ton of credit. And I bet if they do, it's mostly Helen who does the convincing.

So the "surprise" former guest was Brittany and her "surprise" was that she was preggers. What a let down! I am still convinced Rachel will make an appearance at some point this season.

I found it funny how many were praying with Howard, while they were trying to hook up out of wedlock with each other. It just made me laugh.
Old 07-11-2013, 01:29 PM   #8
GoPackGo

Quote:
Originally Posted by loubob57 View Post
I think you'll get your wish tonight. I don't see how Elissa doesn't get evicted. We shall see.
I don't see how Big Brother doesn't come up with some way to let her compete to re-enter the house in a couple weeks
GoPackGo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 01:38 PM   #9
stellie93

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaunnick View Post
She should have put up Kaitlyn and back doored Jeremy. Of course we know that, knowing about the MC. Putting up Nick was a bad move. It more or less seals her fate as the MC will move to protect Nick.
Didn't Helen tell her that specifically and in words of one syllable?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoPackGo View Post
I don't see how Big Brother doesn't come up with some way to let her compete to re-enter the house in a couple weeks
I didn't think of that, but you're probably right. I really thought Rachael had as many or more people who hated her than people who love her. I guess the haters need to consolidate their votes behind one person.

I was loving when Jeremy was telling his allies what they had to do like he is CEO of the Moving Co. Too bad he didn't stay on the block--they might have gotten rid of him. I like the rest of them.
stellie93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 02:00 PM   #10
DancnDude
Thrice as nice

Agreed about Jeremy. He's the Achilles heel of the group. And seems like a jerk. If the Moving Company is to break up, it'll likely be because of him. I wouldn't be surprised if they talk about replacing him when the opportunity comes up.
Old 07-11-2013, 02:36 PM   #11
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoPackGo View Post
If that happens, I'm out. I'll be completely convinced it's fixed at that point. I couldn't stand her sister (and I stopped watching Rachel's second time around) and I can't stand her. I don't get the popularity. People like whining or something?
Old 07-11-2013, 02:39 PM   #12
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey

Quote:
Originally Posted by DancnDude View Post
Agreed about Jeremy. He's the Achilles heel of the group. And seems like a jerk. If the Moving Company is to break up, it'll likely be because of him. I wouldn't be surprised if they talk about replacing him when the opportunity comes up.
He's the first one to go when they have a clear advantage that losing one person isn't going to matter. He's a blowhard. I haven't liked him from day one.

I like Nick, but I get the feeling he might not be long for the game. And I like pizza boy. I like that he looks so goofy that people are going to underestimate him and he could win if he plays it smart.

Is it me, but it seems a lot of the girls are trying to out "tramp" each other? Seems that for some of them, all they are looking to do is hook up. Might be strategy, but, at least by what they are showing of a few of them...GinaMarie, comes to mind (and the one who was following Nick around).
Old 07-11-2013, 02:55 PM   #13
WhiskeyTango

Put attractive people in their early twenties together and that's what happens.
WhiskeyTango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 02:59 PM   #14
late for dinner
Always Hungry!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskeyTango View Post
Put attractive people in their early twenties together and that's what happens.
I would like to see more average looking housemembers than all the eye candy. Keep it real CBS.
Old 07-11-2013, 03:17 PM   #15
nyny523
Oy

This season reminds me of the Cappy season - the house taking sides very quickly and one side being so freaking annoying (and in this case downright repulsive and disgusting with the things we have seen and heard) that I cannot WAIT to see them go.
Old 07-11-2013, 03:58 PM   #16
loubob57
Cancer sucks!

TC CLUB MEMBER
Yeah, I got the Cappy vibe from Aaryn in how devoted she seemed to be to David so quickly. All the 'deserving' comments and such and how she's obsessed with avenging his eviction.
Old 07-11-2013, 06:06 PM   #17
GoPackGo

My daughter and I still say FRIENDSHIP ALLIANCE in a high pitched squeal like all of those Cappy sycophants.
GoPackGo is online now   Reply With Quote