TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Help Center
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 07-08-2013, 11:44 PM   #1
celtic pride

A cuople of problems with both my tivo premiere xls

I have verizon fios and on both my tivo premieres i have video out of sync the audio is fine but the picture is a little fast like watching an old movie from the 1920s,sometimes when i fast forward it will correct itself but then a few minutes later it goes out of sync again! also when i rewind a program i'm watching whether its live or recoded,when i hit the rewind button it goes instantly all the way back to the beginning of the show i'm watching . Any ideas how to solve these problems ? If not i will try calling tivo or verizon tomorrow .I feel like i'm watching streaming channels on the internet as the motion is not smooth during action scenes and even during a scene where people are just talking. This happens whether or not i use my onkyo 809 av receiver,or just my samsung tv.
celtic pride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 11:05 PM   #2
True Colors

At first glance it sounds like there might be a problem with the cable cards.

Did these Tivos work properly before, or have they always had this problem?

Are you able to record shows over the air with these Tivos? If so, do you still have the same problems?

Are the Tivos full? How much open recording space do you have?

TC
True Colors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 03:35 PM   #3
celtic pride

I never have used my tivos for OTA ,,but my tivo in the living room is 90% full the one in the bedroom is only 38% full.I may be seeing things but the one in the living room seems worse but i also noticed when i adjusted my AV SYNC on my av receiver it got better I will keep adjusting as needed. I have had both tivo 2 tuner premier xls for over 3 years now and this is the first time i had this particular problem. I think the tivo in the bedroom is fine and the one in the living room thats hooked up to the onkyo 809 av receiver is where the problem lies,I dont know whats causing my sync issues .
celtic pride is offline   Reply With Quote