TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Premiere DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 07-10-2013, 08:53 PM   #1
caddyroger

seasons pass transfer to new hard drive

I have a Tivo Premiere Elite. I will be installing a new hard drive this week end (I hope). Are their any way to save my seasons passes so I can transfer them?

Last edited by caddyroger : 07-17-2013 at 01:41 PM.
caddyroger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 09:14 PM   #2
poppagene
User

Quote:
Originally Posted by caddyroger View Post
I have a Tivo Premiere Elite. I will be installing a new hard drive this week end (I hope). Are their any way to save my seasons passes so I can transfer them?
If you are using jmfs to copy the drive, your recordings and season pases should carry over.

http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb...d.php?t=455968

Why are you replacing the drive, for precautionary reasons?
poppagene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 09:59 PM   #3
HomeUser

look up Kmttg

Best way to backup shows, season passes, and other settings
Old 07-10-2013, 11:15 PM   #4
caddyroger

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeUser View Post
Thanks I learned some thing new to day. I have seen the the season pass on Kmttg but I did think you put them back on the premiere. I have them saved so hopefully nothing goes wrong sending them back to the tivo. It would be my luck it will not work for me.
Old 07-11-2013, 09:09 AM   #5
windracer
joined the 10k club

Just make sure you used the "Save" button in kmttg to save your SPs into the .sp file format. If you use "Export" it just creates a CSV that can't be loaded back (to my knowledge).

Once you have the new machine running and can connect to it via kmttg, use the "Load" button to load your .sp file, select all your SPs, and then click "Copy." I've done this a few times and other than some minor quirks with WishList names, it works very well!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
windracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 11:10 AM   #6
caddyroger

Quote:
Originally Posted by windracer View Post
Just make sure you used the "Save" button in kmttg to save your SPs into the .sp file format. If you use "Export" it just creates a CSV that can't be loaded back (to my knowledge).

Once you have the new machine running and can connect to it via kmttg, use the "Load" button to load your .sp file, select all your SPs, and then click "Copy." I've done this a few times and other than some minor quirks with WishList names, it works very well!
Thanks for the information
Old 07-11-2013, 05:39 PM   #7
scandia101
Just the facts ma'am

Aren't SP's still automatically replaced from tivo's servers when a tivo suddenly doesn't have the expected SP's, generally due to a fresh install of a new hard drive?
Old 07-12-2013, 01:04 PM   #8
bshrock

Quote:
Originally Posted by scandia101 View Post
Aren't SP's still automatically replaced from tivo's servers when a tivo suddenly doesn't have the expected SP's, generally due to a fresh install of a new hard drive?
They should be downloaded especially if you re-order one on-line. Nice to have a backup JIC
bshrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 01:18 PM   #9
NotVeryWitty
Too Big to Fail

Quote:
Originally Posted by scandia101 View Post
I just upgraded the hard drive on my Premiere last night. Did a C&DE and had it "phone home" a few times. This morning I checked it, and the guide seemed totally up to date (about 12 days ahead). The season Pass list was still empty though (as I expected).

Thankfully I saw this thread yesterday -- I already had kmttg on my Mac, but had been using it to copy some videos and didn't realize it could also read/write SP lists. So, before I started the upgrade last night I saved the SP with kmttg. Did a "Copy" to the new drive this morning (I left off all the ARWL's), and it looks like my Season Passes are totally restored (even the ones that don't have any upcoming episodes).
NotVeryWitty is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 07:24 PM   #10
Soapm

Years ago someone suggested signing up for kids zone or something like that and your season passes back up automatically. I don't recall the particulars but I do remember seeing my passes mysteriously reappearing after following that suggestion.
Soapm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 11:23 PM   #11
windracer
joined the 10k club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soapm View Post
Years ago someone suggested signing up for kids zone or something like that and your season passes back up automatically. I don't recall the particulars but I do remember seeing my passes mysteriously reappearing after following that suggestion.
Here's TiVoPony's original post on the subject:

http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb...63#post4121063

|
Old 07-17-2013, 12:55 AM   #12
Soapm

Quote:
Originally Posted by windracer View Post
Here's TiVoPony's original post on the subject:

http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb...63#post4121063
That be the post... Good find, since then I leave kids zone turned on though I haven't needed it but that one time. Nice undocumented feature...
Soapm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 08:17 AM   #13
windracer
joined the 10k club

Yeah, although with the removal of KidZone (and Guru Guides, replaced by Collections) from the more recent versions of the software, I'm not sure if/how that feature still functions.

|