TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 07-08-2013, 12:12 PM   #1
Shaunnick

True Blood "At Last" 7/7/2013

I guess I will get this one rolling also.

I know I made some disparaging remarks about True Blood earlier this season, but I actually enjoyed last night's episode. I am so used to True Blood dragging out the main plot lines that i was surprised to see Warlow exposed this soon. It also feels like the Human/Vampire conflict storyline is moving fast with Pam and Nora being captured. Does this mean Tara and Eric are going to be teaming up?

Also, was Ben being Warlow that biggest shock that wasn't? I know it was mentioned in a thread earlier this season and my wife called it last night before we sat down to watch it. And then once he bared his fangs to help Jason that all but assured it.
Shaunnick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 12:18 PM   #2
cheesesteak
Meh.

I was a somewhat shocked that fairy girls 1 - 4 were killed off but their novelty wore off on me in the previous episode.

A Cheesesteak always pays its debts
cheesesteak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 01:10 PM   #3
pmyers

No surprise Warlow=Ben but I did like the explanation.

One small think I'm not liking is the "back talking" of Pam and Tara (especially Tara) of Eric when it comes to these big decisions. I guess that's supposed to be part of their personality but I'd rather they fall in line better.
pmyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 01:44 PM   #4
john4200

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmyers View Post
One small think I'm not liking is the "back talking" of Pam and Tara (especially Tara) of Eric when it comes to these big decisions. I guess that's supposed to be part of their personality but I'd rather they fall in line better.
Huh? Eric is being a dick. They should be resisting his stupid plans. And Eric released Pam, so she is not required to do as he says (and certainly Tara is not required to follow Eric's orders).
john4200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 02:01 PM   #5
pmyers

Quote:
Originally Posted by john4200 View Post
Huh? Eric is being a dick. They should be resisting his stupid plans. And Eric released Pam, so she is not required to do as he says (and certainly Tara is not required to follow Eric's orders).
Ahh...I did forget he released her so that does make more sense why they are free to do what they want.
Old 07-08-2013, 02:06 PM   #6
busyba
The Funcooker

Tara has always been a next tuesday. Taking a shotgun blast to the face didn't fix that (except for a gratifying hour or so...). I'm not sure why this is now a surprise to you.

"of course, you are 100% correct" --
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"busyba is officially my favorite poster." --
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

busyba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 02:16 PM   #7
Shaunnick

Quote:
Originally Posted by busyba View Post
Tara has always been a next tuesday. Taking a shotgun blast to the face didn't fix that (except for a gratifying hour or so...). I'm not sure why this is now a surprise to you.
So I had to look up what you meant by her being a next Tuesday.

That's a new one.
Shaunnick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 02:50 PM   #8
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Helmerichs View Post
To me, it's obviously not true...Warlow is a vampire, but Ben does faerie stuff & Sookie can read his mind. Ergo, not a vampire. So unless they think we haven't been paying attention, I don't see how they can think we'd be fooled into thinking it's Ben.

(Besides, we already know Ben is Glory.)
And for my NEXT amazing trick...

I'm liking this season. It seems a lot more structured and focused than TB has been the last couple of years.
Old 07-08-2013, 05:44 PM   #9
zordude
WDW Fan

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesesteak View Post
I was a somewhat shocked that fairy girls 1 - 4 were killed off but their novelty wore off on me in the previous episode.
Are we sure they died?
Old 07-08-2013, 05:52 PM   #10
john4200

Quote:
Originally Posted by zordude View Post
Are we sure they died?
I'm not. And even if they are dead, maybe Warlow or Billith can turn them into undead fairies like Warlow.
Old 07-09-2013, 01:48 PM   #11
Gerryex

As I've said in other posts, I've enjoyed TB from the very beginning and actually thought it was getting better over the years vs. others posting that they liked it less than before.

But so far this season is almost becoming my favorite! Obviously we all distrusted Ben but I was very surprised that he turned out to be a vampire. But how could he walk in daylight? Well he's a faerie turned vampire and has BOTH powers!! Wow, what a great concept! Plus all the human vs. vampire conflict with all the new anti-vampire weapons. Again a great concept!

Lots of fun to watch!!!

Gerry
Gerryex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 02:13 PM   #12
DavidTigerFan
Transporter Accident

Girl faeries didn't die. They shrivel up into a pile of dust when they die.

Xbox Live: DTigerFan
DavidTigerFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 02:26 PM   #13
pmyers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerryex View Post
...Plus all the human vs. vampire conflict with all the new anti-vampire weapons. Again a great concept!

Lots of fun to watch!!!

Gerry
I'm really enjoying this part as I would imagine that's exactly what would happen in real life (did I just say that). I could totally see "Anti-Glamour Contact Lenses".
Old 07-09-2013, 02:42 PM   #14
DavidTigerFan
Transporter Accident

My problem is that they have already shown that vamps can move at super speed and rip the throats out of humans. In any of those circumstances where the humans have the guns trained on vamps, the vamps could have them all dead before they pull the trigger.

Old 07-09-2013, 03:16 PM   #15
john4200

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidTigerFan View Post
My problem is that they have already shown that vamps can move at super speed and rip the throats out of humans. In any of those circumstances where the humans have the guns trained on vamps, the vamps could have them all dead before they pull the trigger.
Agreed. That has always been the biggest plausibility problem with True Blood. They made the vampires too powerful when they gave them super speed. Sometimes you can rationalize it by saying that the vampires kind of switch between two modes of operation, normal and fast, and it takes them a little time to speed up starting from the normal speed mode (which would make it possible to, for example, kill vampires by sneaking up on them and shooting them from a distance with a crossbow). But even such a limitation cannot explain why the vampires often fail to go to fast mode when a threat appears in front of them. If the vampires are going into battle, they would obviously start out in fast mode and just slaughter all the slow humans.

Let that be a lesson to writers for future shows. If you give your characters super speed, you need to add a lot of limitations to the power as well or it will ruin the plausibility.
Old 07-09-2013, 03:22 PM   #16
DavidTigerFan
Transporter Accident

Not to mention that Eric can fly....is the only requirement to fly that they are old vamps?

Old 07-09-2013, 03:35 PM   #17
busyba
The Funcooker

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidTigerFan View Post
Not to mention that Eric can fly....is the only requirement to fly that they are old vamps?
My understanding is that it's just a learned skill and that not many vamps are adept at it.

The same goes with glamoring, although flying is a lot harder to learn than glamoring is.

Old 07-09-2013, 05:45 PM   #18
aindik

So, Warlow has an English accent, but is putting on a Southern accent as Ben? Did I hear that right?

I'm still lost on the explanation Warlow gave to King What's His Name. I didnt understand it. Speaking of him, where did Warlow send him?

Is the governor's daughter storyline over? If so, seems like a waste of time. Was she really so stupid to not know why she was being turned?
aindik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 06:10 PM   #19
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aindik View Post
Is the governor's daughter storyline over? If so, seems like a waste of time. Was she really so stupid to not know why she was being turned?
The real question is, was Eric really so stupid not to know what would happen? He's well aware of how puppy vampires leave messes all over the house when not properly supervised. And (as he said) he does not make new vampires lightly. So why did he send a puppy vampire unsupervised into such a delicate house? Did he know that she would lose it? What could he possibly gain from that? Or was he stupid enough not to realize?

That whole bit baffled me. I hope there's more to it, because I would really like an explanation that makes sense.
Old 07-09-2013, 06:39 PM   #20
KungFuCow
Thread Killer

Quote:
So, Warlow has an English accent, but is putting on a Southern accent as Ben? Did I hear that right?

I'm still lost on the explanation Warlow gave to King What's His Name. I didnt understand it. Speaking of him, where did Warlow send him?

Something about he slaughtered the King's village but spared him and was sparing him again when he threw him into the other dimension which we dont know what is. But theyve made several references like "You dont want to go there."

Something tells me by the end of this season, one of the main characters is going to end up there and that will set up next season.
KungFuCow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 02:43 AM   #21
john4200

Quote:
Originally Posted by KungFuCow View Post
Something about he slaughtered the King's village but spared him and was sparing him again when he threw him into the other dimension which we dont know what is. But theyve made several references like "You dont want to go there."
And the other thing Warlow mentioned is constantly fighting his bad side. Apparently Warlow is a tortured soul, inherently bad but trying oh so hard to be good (and often failing). Like pretty much all of Sookie's paramours.

What I am still wondering is why Warlow is so interested in Sookie. Or, at least, so interested in owning some female faerie that he made a contract for it hundreds of years ago.
Old 07-10-2013, 02:48 AM   #22
john4200

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Helmerichs View Post
So why did he send a puppy vampire unsupervised into such a delicate house? Did he know that she would lose it? What could he possibly gain from that? Or was he stupid enough not to realize?
If he really cared about her vampire existence, at least he could have done her the service of popping her cherry before turning her. But, as you say, Eric was apparently being stupid about the whole thing.
Old 07-10-2013, 09:00 AM   #23
aindik

Quote:
Originally Posted by john4200 View Post
And the other thing Warlow mentioned is constantly fighting his bad side. Apparently Warlow is a tortured soul, inherently bad but trying oh so hard to be good (and often failing). Like pretty much all of Sookie's paramours.

What I am still wondering is why Warlow is so interested in Sookie. Or, at least, so interested in owning some female faerie that he made a contract for it hundreds of years ago.
Yeah, I don't get it either, especially now that we know he doesn't need farie blood like the rest of the vampires.
aindik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 10:54 AM   #24
nirisahn

Warlow had the chance to do whatever it was he wanted with Sookie the day she took him home to fix him up, but he didn't take advantage of it. ??? Also, wonder why he didn't just heal like a regular vamp. Maybe the fae blood keeps him from healing?
nirisahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 11:15 AM   #25
KungFuCow
Thread Killer

Quote:
Yeah, I don't get it either, especially now that we know he doesn't need farie blood like the rest of the vampires.
Maybe to procreate? I know vampires cant but fairys certainly can.
KungFuCow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 11:24 AM   #26
danterner
Not it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nirisahn View Post
Warlow had the chance to do whatever it was he wanted with Sookie the day she took him home to fix him up, but he didn't take advantage of it. ??? Also, wonder why he didn't just heal like a regular vamp. Maybe the fae blood keeps him from healing?
Sookie has fae blood, though, and she heals just fine when vampire blood is applied.

| Facebook:
| XBOX LIVE gamertag:
| Twitter:
| Goozex:
danterner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 11:33 AM   #27
pmyers

Quote:
That is my thinking. He wants to procreate with her. That would explain why he hasn't just killed her.
Old 07-10-2013, 12:33 PM   #28
NorthAlabama
tabasco rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmyers View Post
He wants to procreate with her.
spoiler alert - a sookie and ben sex scene is in the works! i guess somebody has to replace bill and eric.

The truth will set you free. But not until it is finished with you. - David Foster Wallace
NorthAlabama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 03:00 PM   #29
john4200

Quote:
But why does he need a contract and to wait hundreds of years to do it? There are plenty of female faeries around, at least until Warlow just killed a bunch of them.
Old 07-10-2013, 03:51 PM   #30
busyba
The Funcooker

The difference is that Sookie's bloodline is royal, so that's why he wants her specifically.

That of course doesn't explain the contract....