TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 07-08-2013, 07:57 AM   #1
Shaunnick

Big Brother 7/7/2013

Well at least they finally showed some of the nastiness the live feeders have been treated to.

Last night was not much of a shocker. Everyone (including Elissa) knew she would be the target this week. Hopefully the veto episode will have a little more action.
Shaunnick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 08:10 AM   #2
loubob57
Cancer sucks!

TC CLUB MEMBER
I just love when someone gets so obsessed with retribution for an evicted player. And after only the first week! "David so deserved to be here." More than everybody else? Come on! But hey it makes for good TV.

I was also glad to see they aired clips of the insensitive remarks that were being made by Aaryn and a couple of others.
Old 07-08-2013, 08:15 AM   #3
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey

I'll give the producers some credit. They spent some time talking about the racist comments and even showed them making them. Good for them. That should be part of what the audience sees and hopefully will sway some MVP votes away from those players.

Playing for revenge is usually a sure fire way to get voted out the next week (or some week soon). She really has no game.
Old 07-08-2013, 09:01 AM   #4
late for dinner
Past Expiration Date

Aaryn gets worse looking everytime she opens up her mouth.
Old 07-08-2013, 09:06 AM   #5
dirtypacman
Coming and going

Quote:
Originally Posted by late for dinner View Post
Agree 100%
The girl has no game, no class and no brain. I am happy to see that BB showed some of the comments that she was saying because it just further proves she deserves what is coming to her. This week will be interesting to see how the MVP affects the vote with their 3rd nomination and just as important can Alyssa win POV and pull herself off. That is what I am hoping for.

Overall a pretty boring episode but I like that the ladies are starting to sniff out the Moving Co., it just makes for better entertainment when you see the contestants really thinking through the game. I am sort of hoping that MC blows up due to vampire boy's attitude and not taking HOH instead of Texas toots.
3) PIONEER #810H-S
4) TIVO Series 2 80 Hour

Comcast HD & Digital
home wired network (4) USB200M
dirtypacman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 09:11 AM   #6
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey

Quote:
Originally Posted by late for dinner View Post
Looks are the LEAST of her problems
Old 07-08-2013, 09:15 AM   #7
dswallow
Save the Moderatоr

TC CLUB MEMBER
Having only caught some of the news about this (can't seem to avoid it, and I don't watch the show), I swear I'm actually tempted to download an episode when it's time for some of these folks to leave the show just to see them learn how they've lost their jobs in the real world during this fiasco.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
dswallow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 09:19 AM   #8
gossamer88
HDTV Snob

If I were Aaryn's parents I'd be afraid for her once the show is over.

Watched 15 seasons of Big Brother and I do not recall this kind of behavior. Am I wrong?
gossamer88 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 09:23 AM   #9
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtypacman View Post
Agree 100%
The girl has no game, no class and no brain. I am happy to see that BB showed some of the comments that she was saying because it just further proves she deserves what is coming to her. This week will be interesting to see how the MVP affects the vote with their 3rd nomination and just as important can Alyssa win POV and pull herself off. That is what I am hoping for.

Overall a pretty boring episode but I like that the ladies are starting to sniff out the Moving Co., it just makes for better entertainment when you see the contestants really thinking through the game. I am sort of hoping that MC blows up due to vampire boy's attitude and not taking HOH instead of Texas toots.
I'm torn. As mush as I can't stand Aaryn, I think I can't stand Elissa more. Maybe it's because I can't separate her from Rachel, or maybe it's that she has that same whiny voice, but she just grates on me. So, maybe it will work out that one of them goes this week, even though it's such a dumb play, and by making that dumb play, Aaryn is the next to go.

On the Moving Co. I'm thinking they made their move too early. As we've seen before, almost always the vote goes with what the house wants early on as not to expose an alliance. This time, because once the votes for David were sussed out, it was obvious there's an alliance. Plus the guys have involved too many of the other players by proxy.

On the MVP. The more I think about it, the more I think the MVP should play by the same rules as the HoH, in that the same player can't be MVP 2 weeks in a row. Or maybe change it up that someone on the block can't be the MVP. If Elissa wins MVP every week, then you can bet that CBS either abandons it next season or tweaks the rules, as certainly gives someone with a "famous" sister a HUGE advantage. Which I'm sure (hoping?) was an unintended consequence. Although I wouldn't put it past the producers to concoct this as a way to keep her in the game longer.
Old 07-08-2013, 09:26 AM   #10
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey

Quote:
Originally Posted by gossamer88 View Post

Watched 15 seasons of Big Brother and I do not recall this kind of behavior. Am I wrong?
Unfortunately, I'll bet her upbringing is part of who she is. So, I don't know if her parents are any different, but I hope so.
Old 07-08-2013, 09:39 AM   #11
Ment

Quote:
Originally Posted by gossamer88 View Post

No there have been some other incidents on live feeds, the beloved Jeff said some unsavory things, but never this much in so short a time period such that it made you think that was their true selves.
Ment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 09:47 AM   #12
Jolt
Disgruntled Member

Adam a few seasons ago said something about "retards" and his job was working with mentally challenged people. He is now in prison but for something totally different.
Old 07-08-2013, 09:59 AM   #13
Waldorf
Super Duper Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ment View Post
No there have been some other incidents on live feeds, the beloved Jeff said some unsavory things, but never this much in so short a time period such that it made you think that was their true selves.
If I remember right, there was a bit of an outrage when Jeff made some comments in BB13 about Dumbledore being gay in the Harry Potter universe and he was appalled that a teacher at a school for kids would be gay and such. Watching the clip, it seems to be rooted in ignorance and confusion that gay people are also pedophiles.

Jeff's Harry Potter rant

I don't remember anything like what is coming from GinaMarie, Aaryn (and a few others that haven't been 'outed' by CBS yet). It also seems like they are saving some clips for the future if it becomes more of an issue in the house. The fact that they're asking Howard, Amanda, and others to respond in the Diary Room sessions tells me this might not be the last we see of it being addressed.
Old 07-08-2013, 10:42 AM   #14
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waldorf View Post
If I remember right, there was a bit of an outrage when Jeff made some comments in BB13 about Dumbledore being gay in the Harry Potter universe and he was appalled that a teacher at a school for kids would be gay and such. Watching the clip, it seems to be rooted in ignorance and confusion that gay people are also pedophiles.

Jeff's Harry Potter rant

I don't remember anything like what is coming from GinaMarie, Aaryn (and a few others that haven't been 'outed' by CBS yet). It also seems like they are saving some clips for the future if it becomes more of an issue in the house. The fact that they're asking Howard, Amanda, and others to respond in the Diary Room sessions tells me this might not be the last we see of it being addressed.
I wonder if CBS / Producers would have "outed" them if their comments didn't make the press. Obviously that's impossible to answer honestly. I'm unclear if Helen has gotten wind of the comments, but it certainly looks like Howard did.
Old 07-08-2013, 10:53 AM   #15
JFriday
"Just The Facts"

Wasn't Howard there when they were talking about Helen?
JFriday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 11:10 AM   #16
Ment

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFriday View Post
Wasn't Howard there when they were talking about Helen?
He was there when Aaryn did the Asian nail salon impersonation. It would be funny if Ellen/Howard/Candice win HOH in the next couple of weeks if they mention it during noms. The noms are filmed several times for different angles and such so CBS might not choose to put that on the broadcast.
Old 07-08-2013, 11:26 AM   #17
vertigo235

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steveknj View Post
I wonder if CBS / Producers would have "outed" them if their comments didn't make the press. Obviously that's impossible to answer honestly. I'm unclear if Helen has gotten wind of the comments, but it certainly looks like Howard did.
probably not

but they did the right thing

I can understand why they wouldn't want to air it on tv, since they are trying to maintain an audience

however, since the MVP thing is important, I'm glad they did so that people can vote accordingly

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
vertigo235 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 11:46 AM   #18
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey

Quote:
Originally Posted by vertigo235 View Post
probably not

but they did the right thing

I can understand why they wouldn't want to air it on tv, since they are trying to maintain an audience

however, since the MVP thing is important, I'm glad they did so that people can vote accordingly
I disagree. First of all, nothing maintains an audience more than controversy. And add having a real villain for people to root against? Ratings bonanza! I just don't think that they wanted the bad publicity about it and calling their house guest selection into question.

I think Aaryn has NO shot at ever winning an MVP at this point.
Old 07-08-2013, 11:50 AM   #19
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey

Thinking about the comments more...

Imagine if Howard tells Helen about all the racist things that Aaryn said? The drama in the house would be UNBELIEVABLE. I'm hoping he does so that she can get hers. Ratings will go through the roof!!

About next episode:

Spoiler:
Nobody has speculated on who the former houseguest that is coming back with big news. I expect Rachel to make an appearance for sure, so maybe that's it. Hopefully, I won't get the urge to toss something at the TV with her appearance.

Old 07-08-2013, 11:57 AM   #20
Shaunnick

Since that was announced in this episode I would guess it is going to be Jesse. It's always Jesse.

Blech.
Old 07-08-2013, 12:03 PM   #21
NorthAlabama
tabasco rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaunnick View Post
Since that was announced in this episode I would guess it is going to be Jesse. It's always Jesse.

Blech.
please, no, not jessie! i'm expecting bitney, jeff or jordan.

Spoiler:
if you've missed any of the bigoted comments, a 12 minute youtube supercut has them all in one, convenient, disgusting video: http://youtu.be/H3sIaYUxOLs

The truth will set you free. But not until it is finished with you. - David Foster Wallace
NorthAlabama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 12:11 PM   #22
gossamer88
HDTV Snob

Spoiler:
if you've missed any of the bigoted comments, a 12 minute youtube supercut has them all in one, convenient, disgusting video: http://youtu.be/H3sIaYUxOLs

Watched it earlier and it's pretty explicit. Definitely NSFW.
Old 07-08-2013, 12:20 PM   #23
gossamer88
HDTV Snob

Now there's a video of Jeremy and Aaryn cheating during the HoH competition.

HoH Cheating

Quote:
Big Brother 15 house guests Jeremy and Aaryn appear to be cheating during HOH competition, switching cups instead of filling one cup up with the other.

Old 07-08-2013, 12:30 PM   #24
NorthAlabama
tabasco rules

wouldn't you know it, bb14's wil has released part 2 of the BB15 saga, with the voting results for mbp - most bigoted player:
Big Brother 15: The Saga Ep.2

The truth will set you free. But not until it is finished with you. - David Foster Wallace
Old 07-08-2013, 01:43 PM   #25
Donbadabon
Geocacher

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthAlabama View Post
wouldn't you know it, bb14's wil has released part 2 of the BB15 saga, with the voting results for mbp - most bigoted player:
That is great. I love his 'Julie spins'.
Donbadabon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 01:44 PM   #26
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey

Speaking of Julie. Is she "with child" again? She looked a little bit...ummm...big in the tummy the other night.
Old 07-08-2013, 02:09 PM   #27
Shaunnick

Speaking more about Julie Chen, she has spoken out on the slurs being tossed around the house:

http://blog.zap2it.com/pop2it/2013/0...sts-learn.html

Quote:
"You've seen me make jokes about being Asian-American ... but I'm Asian and it's always in good fun," says Chen. "Those things, in my opinion, watching her say, 'Go make a bowl of rice,' it felt mean-spirited. It felt ugly and it felt mean."

Old 07-08-2013, 02:33 PM   #28
NorthAlabama
tabasco rules

here's jc and the segment on today's "the talk"
The Talk Controversy Big Brother 15 House

Old 07-08-2013, 02:50 PM   #29
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey

Interesting article on Reality Blurred on the racist comments (there's some mention of other comments by others not aired in the show, read with caution).

http://www.realityblurred.com/realitytv/
Old 07-08-2013, 03:08 PM   #30
Ment

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthAlabama View Post
here's jc and the segment on today's "the talk"
[/yt]
Can't watch this at work but did Julie refer to Helen as the 'chinese contestant' ? If so good lawdy, Chenbot pay attention to your own show Kim is not chinese.