TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 07-02-2013, 10:25 AM   #1
au_en_bear

Falling Skies - S3E4 - "Search and Recover" 6/30/2013

No thread yet? On Tuesday?!! This cannot be a good sign for this show. In general I like it but ...

The aliens use spotlights to look for humans in the woods at night? I guess infrared technology sort of escaped them.

I am afraid that the complete lack of reality is going to be the death of the show. I just hope the producers can see the train wreck coming and find a reasonable way to end the show this season. I would much rather watch a two or three season show that ends well than a five or six season show that meanders and falls off a cliff with no purpose.

Edited to fix title.
Edited title to add s to make AeneaGames happy.

Last edited by au_en_bear : 07-02-2013 at 03:32 PM.
au_en_bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 10:28 AM   #2
mrdbdigital
The TBS Archives

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by au_en_bear View Post
No thread yet? On Tuesday?!! This cannot be a good sign for this show. In general I like it but ...

The aliens use spotlights to look for humans in the woods at night? I guess infrared technology sort of escaped them.

I am afraid that the complete lack of reality is going to be the death of the show. I just hope the producers can see the train wreck coming and find a reasonable way to end the show this season. I would much rather watch a two or three season show that ends well than a five or six season show that meanders and falls off a cliff with no purpose.
This is episode 4, not 3. The season started with episodes 1 and 2 back to back.
mrdbdigital is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 11:31 AM   #3
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey

I liked the Pope and Tom part of the show, but the search party not so much. The search party just seemed like so many similar episodes we've seen over the last 2 years and it's gotten boring. They need to move along the story of what the aliens are building and more about the civil war between the aliens. That's FAR more interesting than the skitter encounter of the week.
Old 07-02-2013, 11:55 AM   #4
Gerryex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steveknj View Post
I liked the Pope and Tom part of the show
. . .
For me it was just the opposite - I disliked that part quite a bit. It seemed to be the type of thing we've seen many times before. Two people who are fairly major characters, usually are helpful to the cause but do so in very different ways are put together in a life or death situation. They usually end up first fighting each other then something happens that threatens both of them and they band together to successfully fight the threat. Along the way they tell each other stories about their different backgrounds which again helps to bond them. And then they are saved.

Overall, I thought this was a mostly filler episode as it really didn't contribute much to the overall story. With such a dearth of half way decent Sci Fi, I will definitely continue watching, but as I had posted in a thread about another show its certainly NOT "must-see" TV!!

Gerry
Gerryex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 03:05 PM   #5
AeneaGames

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrdbdigital View Post
This is episode 4, not 3. The season started with episodes 1 and 2 back to back.
If we are correcting the thread title then why not name the show correctly as well and add an 's' to Falling Skie ??
AeneaGames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 04:32 PM   #6
aaronwt
HD Addict

I see Falling Skies has been renewed for a fourth season.

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/201...by-tnt/190173/
39TB unRAID1--53TB unRAID2--36TB unRAID3
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme
aaronwt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 04:43 PM   #7
stellie93

So I assume Tom is the mole, unconsciously, and has some serious alien DNA in him?

I love Robert Sean Leonard in this--the scientist guy. I have a friend who was madly in love with him in House, and refuses to watch this because he's ugly.
stellie93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 06:26 PM   #8
rorrim
Runs with Scissors

It seemed to me after watching this episode that the mole is the VP ...
rorrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 09:13 PM   #9
morac
Cat God

Was there a weird color/brightness shifting issue for anyone else with this episode? It's really easy to see during the opening scene with the professor talking about the alien baby. It's like the colors are shifting between warm (red) and cold (green). I've verified this on multiple TVs so it's either a cable problem or a TNT problem. I've actually been seeing this a lot recently with certain shows.
morac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 03:03 PM   #10
Hercules67
TiVo addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronwt View Post
I see Falling Skies has been renewed for a fourth season.

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/201...by-tnt/190173/
That should be emphasized. People say that they don't like this OR that aspect of the show. And since the show became static, it lost something (ie, it was better when they were on the run).

But there are still plenty of mysteries to explore.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Hercules67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 07:01 PM   #11
DeDondeEs

Quote:
Originally Posted by stellie93 View Post
So I assume Tom is the mole, unconsciously, and has some serious alien DNA in him?

I love Robert Sean Leonard in this--the scientist guy. I have a friend who was madly in love with him in House, and refuses to watch this because he's ugly.
Didn't they last season show some critter going into Tom's ear or eye or something? But if that was the case, why would the aliens keep trying to kill Tom, wouldn't they want him alive so they could get as much intel as possible?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hercules67 View Post
That should be emphasized. People say that they don't like this OR that aspect of the show. And since the show became static, it lost something (ie, it was better when they were on the run).

But there are still plenty of mysteries to explore.
Yes there are plenty of mysteries to explore, but they choose not to, instead it was a hour of Tom and Pope getting to know each other, people walking around searching. And the most interesting part to me, what are the Volm building, got the least time.
DeDondeEs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 07:03 PM   #12
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeDondeEs View Post
Didn't they last season show some critter going into Tom's ear or eye or something? But if that was the case, why would the aliens keep trying to kill Tom, wouldn't they want him alive so they could get as much intel as possible?
Tom's clear now, but his oldest son has one...and I thought it was established (to us, not to the other characters) that HE was the mole.
Old 07-03-2013, 08:30 PM   #13
stellie93

We're obviously supposed to think the son is the mole, and he may have given the girl some info, but does he know that much?

I think it's Tom because of the baby's DNA. Obviously Tom has some alien stuff in him or how could the baby be part alien? I guess they could have taken Moon out and impregnated her without anyone knowing, but that's a stretch.
stellie93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 12:55 PM   #14
aaronwt
HD Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Helmerichs View Post
Tom's clear now, but his oldest son has one...and I thought it was established (to us, not to the other characters) that HE was the mole.
I thought it was established the he was NOT the mole? in one scene where the mole did something, it was impossible for it to have been the older son. Which established that it was not him.
39TB unRAID1--53TB unRAID2--36TB unRAID3
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme
aaronwt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 03:43 PM   #15
au_en_bear

In my original post I said:

"The aliens use spotlights to look for humans in the woods at night? I guess infrared technology sort of escaped them."

Now I am thinking that maybe Tom is the mole and that is why the aliens could not (insert 'did not want to' ) find him and Pope in the woods when they were inches from the spotlight beams. What better way to assure Pope that Tom is not the mole than to have them survive the ordeal of being hunted together.

Any takers on this idea?
au_en_bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 01:42 PM   #16
Unbeliever
Random Nobody

The mole had small, feminine hands in the scene where the plans map was being copied.

--Carlos V.
Unbeliever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 02:21 PM   #17
Wil
Senile Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unbeliever View Post
The mole had small, feminine hands in the scene where the plans map was being copied.
The mole also gave a telling look, evil & smirky, at the end of a shot, after turning away from the other people. No reason for it except to tell viewers this was the mole.

Obvious as it has been right from the start, there is one scene earlier which is inexplicable if the mole is the mole. They're either going to have to explain it, or they just don't care about playing fair with viewers.
Wil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 03:12 PM   #18
scooterboy
Wookin' Pa Nub

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wil
Obvious as it has been right from the start, there is one scene earlier which is inexplicable if the mole is the mole.
I would think the one thing we can count on is that "the mole is the mole".
scooterboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 04:36 PM   #19
danterner
Not it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooterboy View Post

I would think the one thing we can count on is that "the mole is the mole".
Sounds just like something a mole would say.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
| Facebook:
| XBOX LIVE gamertag:
| Twitter:
| Goozex:
danterner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 05:01 PM   #20
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!

Maybe it's really a vole, who's just distracting us by making us look for a mole?
Old 07-07-2013, 05:38 PM   #21
morac
Cat God

BKySTprwlxo

Last edited by morac : 07-07-2013 at 09:00 PM.
Old 07-07-2013, 06:10 PM   #22
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!

It's good for my self-esteem to learn that I'm not the only one who can't work those &#^@ YouTube tags...
Old 07-07-2013, 08:27 PM   #23
Unbeliever
Random Nobody

Morac meant this:

MOLEY!

--Carlos V.
Unbeliever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 08:56 PM   #24
morac
Cat God

The version I posted works on the web site. Doesn't work in Forum Runner though.
Old 07-08-2013, 04:46 AM   #25
weaver

Quote:
Originally Posted by morac View Post
The version I posted works on the web site. Doesn't work in Forum Runner though.
It works on the website now. It didn't when Rob posted his comment.
weaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 03:46 PM   #26
morac
Cat God

Back somewhat on topic, has anyone else been seeing weird color/brightness shifts on TNT? It's not in the On Demand version. Comcast says it's likely TNT, but I haven't seen any other complaints.
Old 07-14-2013, 09:18 AM   #27
Bierboy
Seasoned gas passer

Haven't seen any here. I'm on Mediacom...

XL4
Bierboy is offline   Reply With Quote